GreaseSpot Cafe

GO AHEAD... "BLESS" SOMEBODY

exwaycorps

This kind of thread bothers me because I have so many people that have been such a great blessing to me, and I am so afraid that I might inadvertantly miss someone....If I have, I am truly sorry...Please know that your timely post or warm thoughts ...your information freely given.....was appreciated.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of thread bothers me because I have so many people that have been such a great blessing to me, and I am so afraid that I might inadvertantly miss someone....If I have, I am truly sorry...Please know that your timely post or warm thoughts ...your information freely given.....was appreciated.

It is exactly for that reason that I have not posted on this thread. There are too many wonderful people for me to name them all and I would rather not name any one individual than miss any one individual who has been so helpful along my journey.

Doojable blesses me with each and every post. Her two strongest attributes, imo, are

- her wisdom and the clarity in how she expresses it.

- her keen sense of humor

Truly, a wonderful Godly woman!

Suda

It is exactly for that reason that I have not posted on this thread. There are too many wonderful people for me to name them all and I would rather not name any one individual than miss any one individual who has been so helpful along my journey.

Me too BikerBabe, Chattykathy, Rascal and Abi! That is why I hadn't posted to this thread either!

Everyone has blessed me, impacted and imprinted my life and my heart; All of You in exquisite and individual ways have taught and soothed many hearts! I would be here forever singing all of your praises; and would be bound to even then miss some precious one's love, deeds, or gifts!

You have all taught me and given me so many many tools! The many joys, laughs, tears, pieces of your lives, and hearts will not be forgotten. The Many, many gifts and other things I will always treasure. You have all helped me find a lot of the puzzle pieces to increase my wisdom and understanding! I am particularly grateful for this as it so hurt me to be in isolation; not knowing that it was not of God but of wrong or skewed doctrines that I suffered!

So I will just say that I deeply love and deeply respect All of You in ways that I hope to convey to You All both in this forum and individually! May God the searcher of all hearts thoroughly Bless and keep You All in each and every way; for all of Your love and kindnesses! His Memory is far and away better than mine. He won't forget or overlook anyone, and He sees all that I do not see! I trust God to bless You All; That way No one will be missed or overlooked!

A Special Thanks to You Paw for giving us a home! We All love You ((((((((((((((((((Paw)))))))))))))))))))))!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Well, I was very "blessed" last night, by Abi and Sushi's gracious hospitality in their home. Our dinner together, cooked by chef Sushi and his beloved Abi, was quite delicious. The conversation was lively and funny, the company delightful. It was a little slice of heaven on earth.

Thanks you two, for the warmth and friendship over the years. :wub:

I am so afraid that I have missed someone who offered me a kindness when I was the lowest....there are so many folks that have been such a blessing....lol everyone should be so lucky as to have been blessed by so many they cannot recollect them all...

What I see on this thread is what I have always believed of Greasepot....that each person here is a blessing to somebody, the unique perspective and insight can provide the healing for another....

Ya'll rememeber that song by Joyful Noise, "Gathering of the Family"? I just love that song...it makes me think of this place in many ways. We arent home yet, but we can gather here at the Spot and help each other explore all the dark recesses of our past.

This place is a manifestation of the body of Christ, each person doing their part to help another. What one cannot do another can and so we all move together down the road of life, periodically helping others or being helped as we stumble over past distractions or our own big feet. When someone falls behind someone inevitably runs back to help them up so they can move forward a little easier. All of us heading for the same place, one step at a time.

We are a family, we dont always agree with one another, we dont always see each others point of view. It isn't for lack of trying..it is simply that we cannot understand what we have never experienced. But we grow a little when we do comprehend that maybe we dont need to understand everything because somebody else will "get" what you dont. Someone else can help what you cant, hence we all can continue to move forward and walk and grow as a family as the body of Christ.

Rainbowsgirl is right God will bless us all because He doesn't forget anyone or miss anyone. In truth we all can start our "thanks" with Jesus Christ and work our way from there. The hundreds of thousands of faceless (to us) believers that came before us in many ways paved the road for us to walk upon. Some left research or thoughts on paper for us to read that may help our understanding others just helped them write it. The believers that we know today in our lives are in our lives for a reason and should never be pushed away for we all have something to learn or to give to each other.

So to the thousands of believers that have personally touched my life whether alive in my lifetime or not, Thank you, for your stand, for your love for God and His Son Jesus Christ. Thank you for the love that you showed to me that helped to shape the person that I am today. Thank you for all that you gave and continue to give, Thank you for listening to God and doing His will no matter the consequences. In short Thank you for sharing your life, your heart, your knowledge and your wisdom. I would not be who I am today had it not been for any of you.

And to all fellow GreaseSpotters...Thank you all for showing me how the body of Christ is supposed to work, imperfect as we all are, we can yet strive for the perfection of Jesus Christ together.

Edited by Eyesopen

I'm one of those that find it hard to post here because there are too many folks here that mean so much to me.

Everytime I think I have a complete list, two or three more folks pop into my head. Even people that most likely think I don't like them, or (Heavens forbid! :o ) don't like me...

Eyes is right. We form a complete unit - warts and all - and somehow we make it all work.

Here we find friendship, laughter, tears, healing, debate and through it all and in spite of it all we work it all out.

Me too BikerBabe, Chattykathy, Rascal and Abi! That is why I hadn't posted to this thread either!

Everyone has blessed me, impacted and imprinted my life and my heart; All of You in exquisite and individual ways have taught and soothed many hearts! I would be here forever singing all of your praises; and would be bound to even then miss some precious one's love, deeds, or gifts!

You have all taught me and given me so many many tools! The many joys, laughs, tears, pieces of your lives, and hearts will not be forgotten. The Many, many gifts and other things I will always treasure. You have all helped me find a lot of the puzzle pieces to increase my wisdom and understanding! I am particularly grateful for this as it so hurt me to be in isolation; not knowing that it was not of God but of wrong or skewed doctrines that I suffered!

So I will just say that I deeply love and deeply respect All of You in ways that I hope to convey to You All both in this forum and individually! May God the searcher of all hearts thoroughly Bless and keep You All in each and every way; for all of Your love and kindnesses! His Memory is far and away better than mine. He won't forget or overlook anyone, and He sees all that I do not see! I trust God to bless You All; That way No one will be missed or overlooked!

A Special Thanks to You Paw for giving us a home! We All love You ((((((((((((((((((Paw)))))))))))))))))))))!

Thank you RG, and may your day be bright and awesome! 088.gif

I am big on reliable sources and documentation. Kind of like how Catcup so very well expressed in that thread that always sits at the top of the "About the Way" forum. A little over a year ago, I called Groucho on this when he posted about VPW being fired from his denomination for sexual indescetion. Rather than become indignant at me trying to find out his source, he admitted he was pretty sure, but only 90 percent sure, and would do more checking. In short, he admitted he didn't have complete documentation.

A little thing, when Groucho was pretty sure he was right? I'll say. There is a huge difference between saying "probably" and "i know for sure". More so maybe for Groucho in this case, as he may be the furthest thing from a VPW fan we have.To me it gives him a lot of credibility. Again, see Catcup's posts i refer to. To say "I know" when someone is only pretty sure doesnt. I disagree with some of Groucho's opinions, but I feel he is someone who can be trusted in a lot of things. I dont know if he can trust me to accept such documentation as I ask if/when it comes, but I know it's what I need to be ready to do (Be careful what you ask for; you may get it!)

It's not new. Soon after I came onto the Waydale scene years ago, Groucho then gave me a good personal demonstarion of hi open mindedness; one which I sure didn't see in everyone around me.

In my early days at "the Spot," I was more active in the Doctrinal and About the Way threads, and I was blessed by the intelligent discussions of many of the posters like WordWolf, Raf, The Evan, Belle, the !s, Research Geek, socks, Catcup, LindaZ, excathedra, and others. And, of course Year2027: his non-linear thinking was always a bit abstract for me, but his big heart always comes through clearly. It seems, though, that all the same discussions that we had return over and over again. This isn't a bad thing. Newcomers don't realize that there have been dozens of "say something nice about PFAL" or "do you believe in the trinity" threads, and their opinions and thoughts on the subjects are as valid as those that have gone before. I just don't have much new to add there.

I spend more time now in the "game" threads, where I've gotten to know Sudo and Suda and Doojable and Bluzeman and Chatty Kathy and hiway29 and Tom Strange and so many others who share their individual approaches.

And there's the Prayer Room. Krysalis and Dmiller and Templelady and Acts2 and A la Prochaine and Free at Last and Kit Sober are always in there fighting for others, even when there own needs are great.

Ex10 has wonderfully offered her home for the Texas BBQ, which allowed me to meet, in addition to some I've already mentioned, T-Bone and Tonto, RichnKrispy, Lori, ILoveBagpipes, and our Father on the 'Net, Pawtucket.

And a special mention to Rhino. As my first Twig Leader and Class Coordinator, he showed a great heart for people. He didn't profess to know everything, he just lived what he did know, and always had time for my questions. Quit apologizing for getting me in TWI, Rhino! If everyone in it were like you, there wouldn't be a need for Greasespot Cafe!

I humbly apologize for leaving anyone out. I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't blessed me.

George

Gosh that's swell, fellas.

Now what say we amscray before the uzzfay get wise to us.

:spy:

I think the warm fuzzies already caught us. :rolleyes: