GreaseSpot Cafe

We sold our house

polar bear

I am elated for You both! You deserve so much happiness and love. You have such an exquisite and loving hearts. I am so glad God has blessed you so richly as I knew he will continually do my friends!

Love to you both RG

We sold our house today.

It was a record price for our neighbourhood.

Now we have bought one half as big since our chitlin's have moved out. And the best part-no mlore mortage. No debt, eat your hearts out twits.

Thanks to all who have prayed for us.

I know the feeling. I did pretty much the same thing just over 2 years ago... and got the highest price for a house in that neighborhood. The buyer remodeled and sold it a couple months later for about $70K more than they bought it from me for... THAT was at the peak of the housing boom here in AZ... Now I have no mortgage and live a modest life... I'm VERY thankful.

I rejoice with you. :)

Congratulations PB.

We did something similar to you Bumpy and Rocky in the late 90's.

We sold our very large house because we were house poor. Our home/house was the envy of all in the neighborhood for many reasons, but once the children were gone and dad died, all we did was work keeping it up and pay high taxes for it. Now we live in an apartment in our son's 2-family house for a very modest rent + DH does nearly all the outside maintenance, garbage hauling, snow removal, leaf raking, etc, etc. Fair is fair! It is such a relief - especially since we no longer need all that room. I don't need 8 bedrooms, 2 dens and an office!!!!

But we're not home free. We are comfortable and don't have any needs really - but like most folks we have our share of "gee I wish...." But - that's life!

edited for spelling and to correct baaad grammar

Edited by krysilis

Way ta go Polar Bear! We have a house in a smaller town in Alaska that we are going to sell. Being a landlord is a hassle fer sher. Actually, we hate to let it go, because of it's mountainside/ocean view location, but we know that we'd not want to live there again, so, since there is huge interest in it and our equity is large, it will help us all the more with our dream home that we are going to build here.

Mortage free eh? You live in Canada, right? Or is that incorrect? Anyhoo, congrats Brother!

Yep Johhny we're in Canada "eh".

We bought a floating home on a lake. Nothing like being on the water.

Ha! It'll be *grounded* come winter time, with the ice and all. ;)

Regardless -- Congrats!

(No debt -- now you can call NK with a FREE conscience again!)

:biglaugh: