GreaseSpot Cafe

Why is it so hard to get in touch with someone?

hollygolitely

It's been awhile since I've called up WayWorld, but the last time I did I got the Stepford Wife operator.

The sad part was, when I finally was put through to the person I wanted to speak to, they were even WORSE.

So much for trying to communicate with the undead.

With family it makes it just that much worse. Sorry for that...

Hollygolightly,

I can understand their asking that. The family member could well be in the middle of finding truth as it has not been known since the 1st century. Or delivering homos from devil spirits. Now lets show a little respect for "the cult for our day and time". :biglaugh:

sudo (wondering if Holly has had breakfast at Tiffany's yet)

The operator at The Way answers; you, a family member, ask to speak to an individual; and you are then asked "Is this an emergency ?"

They have pre-written responses as part of their policies and procedures.

They have pre-written responses as part of their policies and procedures.

That is understandable for a business...but twi is supposed to be a Godly ministry.

hollygolitely, I am sorry that you ran into a brick wall. But welcome to the Spot anyway.

First WELCOME To GS..

Unless your a wayfer your thoughts may be carried over the telephone lines by Devil Spirits and the switchboard wives are the first line of spiritual defense. You'd do a lot better to go there in person and ask at the switchboard to see that person. When they lead you to a room to wait for them, stick your head out a couple minutes later and yell "Excuse Me, Excuse Me, But your out of toilet paper in here" If this doesn't get them to rush the person to you think about plan B.

Welcome.

Did they ask you for a donation? I think a good-faith committment of money is required to actually get any response. How important is it to you to speak to them? How much is it worth to you? If it's important you'll be willing to pony up some dough-ski, and they're not looking for clink in the can, they want swish, the sound of paper sliding in. What kind of penny-ante god do you worship? Don't insult him with pocket change, make him proud with some Jeffersons.

An emergency?

You should have replied "Yeah, it's an emergency alright. They just won the State Lotto and there's a check here for 50 million bucks with their name on it! Can I speak to them?" You'd have had them on the line before you could say "don't hide it divide it!" 20 per cent of 50 mill...do the math. Mo' money, mo' love!!!

Edited by socks

You might have better luck if you called them up and asked them if they had prince Albert in a can......Welcome to GreaseSpot!...Come on in and sit a spell...the coffee's lousy but the seats are comfortable.
I don't serve any lousy coffee.....pffffffftttt!!!Here is a cup for the newbie. Groucho, you get her a nice danish, will ya??610px-Cappuccino_big.jpg Edited by Nottawayfer

Welcome.

Did they ask you for a donation? I think a good-faith committment of money is required to actually get any response. How important is it to you to speak to them? How much is it worth to you? If it's important you'll be willing to pony up some dough-ski, and they're not looking for clink in the can, they want swish, the sound of paper sliding in. What kind of penny-ante god do you worship? Don't insult him with pocket change, make him proud with some Jeffersons.

An emergency?

You should have replied "Yeah, it's an emergency alright. They just won the State Lotto and there's a check here for 50 million bucks with their name on it! Can I speak to them?" You'd have had them on the line before you could say "don't hide it divide it!" 20 per cent of 50 mill...do the math. Mo' money, mo' love!!!

I wish I would have written that. Thanks for your astute and spiritually keen insights Socks.

The operator at The Way answers; you, a family member, ask to speak to an individual; and you are then asked "Is this an emergency ?"

Hey there Hollygolitely. :)

I called them at twi (about a year ago), merely to ask where a fellowship was here in Minney-soda.

I wasn't interested in attending again, but I did want to talk to some locals.

Curious about stuff, numbers, response, and just a general *how ya doing* kinda thing.

The operator in Ohio (twi), not only refused to give me the info I requested, but;

Wanted to know who I was;

Wanted to know if I had any past involvement with twi;

What was the purpose of my query?;

What was my adress and phone number;

and then told me they would pass on the info to the *appropriate people*,

after which -- I would be contacted by the area leaders.

ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A LOCATION OF A LOCAL TWIG!!!!!!!!!!

They wouldn't even give me THAT info. It had to be *cleared* by whomever.

The *area leaders* (who live in the Minneapolis/ St.Paul area) ----

finally gave me a call, but by then I was so P!$$ed, I didn't return it.

They sent me a pamphlet about where they were headed that month.

One town on their itinerary was 25 miles from me.

They had to pass 4 blocks from my house to get there.

Did they stop and say hi, leave a note at my door, or acknowledge me in any way??

No. Bi!! and Ren!ta S@ge had *precious flock* to attend to -- and I (obviously) wasn't one of them.

They knew where I lived, could've swung 4 blocks off the beaten path to leave a *bless* note,

but I guess it was too much of a bother for them to do so.

Just like it was TOO much of a bother for twi to give me a straight answer, when I asked.

The more I look at this outfit we know as twi, the more I see a SNAKE in the grass.

They just HAVE to know who they are dealing with, before they strike.

So -- guess I can't really answer your question, however;

I wanted to let you know you're not the only one summarily *dismissed* ----

without a second thought to YOUR NEEDS or wants, or wishes.

(PS --- Ya know, had I called a Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, 7th-Day Adventist, Jehovah's Witness, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Apostolic Lutheran, or Messianic Jewish *headquarters*, to get info on a fellowship in MY area --- those folks would have bent over backwards to make sure I had it, so I could attend.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT TWI???!!!!!

Dont-give-a-sh!t-about-you-It's-ALL-about-US *Ministries* (comes to mind).

:realmad:

Edited by dmiller

If you're serious about that committment Mark you'll respond. If it ain't touched your wallet, it won't get to your heart, bro'! I'd like to pray for you....

Play Knock Knock with 'em h-go-l. :biglaugh:

Phone rings at the Way...

"Brinnnnnng...."

"Brinnnnnnnnnnng...."

Wayfer: "Hello, this is the Way Nash, God Bless you!"

You: "Knock Knock!"

Wayfer: "Hold please, there's someone at the door...."

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Kev!

"Jesus Keeeeee-rist! what's going on here???"

Welcome Holly!

If it was close to lunch, figure - you don't want to get between a Wayfer and their next meal.

At first glance I thought you wrote "why is it so hard to touch someone at the Way" and I remembered Bart Simpon's reference to some kids as a "cootie platoon", but I reread it and got it now.

But - it is an odd response you received. If you asked for someone at most companies, or anywhere really, they might ask you a question or two to help idenity them - during work hours where they work, what deparment, floor, etc.

Or they might just say "hold Please" while they find that person in the directory.

Or take a message, get your name and number and pass it on to the person.

Normal stuff. People have phones, people get calls.

Maybe there's an increase in emergencies at the Way and they've developed a protocol to respond to the many calls that come in like that. Maybe it's a good thing. If it's another emergency they respond faster.

?

Edited by socks

They knew where I lived, could've swung 4 blocks off the beaten path to leave a *bless* note,

but I guess it was too much of a bother for them to do so.

Naw.. they simply could NOT. It would have been an unplanned, unscheduled stop without their leadership, and leadership's leaderships approval, fraught with the perils that maybe, just maybe, they'd get a paper cut while placing the said "bless note" in the mailbox.

So Dave, I wouldn't take it as a sign of disrespect. It was merely a sign of extreme ignorance, lack of potty training, and stupidity.

:biglaugh:

Thanks guys for all the responses. I don't feel so badly now about being "dismissed" by the Way operator.

I've never been in the Way, but have family members in New Knoxville who are and have been "members" for a long time.

Everything I've seen and heard about the Way has been, to be polite about it, incredibly disturbing. What I don't understand are the lies that they tell without even blinking an eye. Is that normal?

Oh well, again thanks for the welcome. I look forward to reading all your posts. :)

Everything I've seen and heard about the Way has been, to be polite about it, incredibly disturbing. What I don't understand are the lies that they tell without even blinking an eye. Is that normal?

Well, if you mean NORMAL like most people in our society think is proper to behave, um, no.

Is it normal twi behavior? Ooooh yeah!!!! See, protecting the household of God from evil copouts is their driving force these days. They even teach records where God's people lied to unbelievers and God blessed them for it, to bring home the point.