GreaseSpot Cafe

What makes you happy?

ChasUFarley

Thinking on good things today. It's been a rotten week, at best.

Chas is easily made happy by:

Belly laughs from babies...

Puppy kisses...

GOOD beer....

A fast car (and no cops around)...

My mom's cooking - it's still the best!

What makes you happy?

YOUR TURN!

The baby thing (laughing, happy babies and chillens) do well for me... which is why I volunteer at a children's shelter...

The Dbacks doing well can help sometimes... :)

The smell of a baby's head after a bath.

My two girls.

Reading to a child

Teaching art

Painting

Cooking for friends and family.

Music that makes me cry.

Getting up early and watching the sun rise outside my window with a cup of coffee in my hands.

Edited by doojable

Sitting on the back porch early in the morning listening to the Meadowlarks greet the sun.

Watching children or animals play

Listening to the elderly tell stories about their lives

Watching a rain storm

Reading the Bible

Making and/or eating good food

Spending time with good friends

Writing

Teaching

Watching a good movie or reading a good book

Working out

my flowers!!!

my home i pull in the drive way and see my window box full of the most beautifl flowers and a box picture window with a white cat looking out at me with a meow meow it is like a post card everytime i see it.

the demented cat flops on my chest chest when im frozen with another problem that came up today and thinking and praying as he lays down and pulls his arms around my neck im happy and know we will be ok.

shopping with my two year old grand!

meeting folks who understand what life is and love ya anyway.

angels.

coffee.

talking with my kids and eating a food we never had before.

visting my parents knowing they are safe and happy and well.

listening to a teaching tape.. sorry if that hurts you.

and my fantasy game that i have bult up over a year.. feeding the dragons and doing new quests!

(((((((((((((((((((((( geo. ))))))))))))))))))))

--

what makes me happy ?

sitting and listening to my son (almost 13 yrs old) tell me about a really great wise decision he made (when i wasn't around, of course)

oh, and getting stains out of his clothes...... (i'm doing laundry right now)

Pond, I love your description of your window boxes/flowers and cat. That sounds pristine, serene.

Geo, it'll come to you. It will. Give it some time. One thing I know you love is to make people laugh--and you're good at it!

I love:

getting away for 2 or 3 days in a different town

going out in a boat in warm weather

blueberry zonker

breakfast on the veranda

my backyard

reading a good mindless book

scallops/other seafood sautéed in butter

cooking for good friends

Edited by waterbuffalo

For the cutesy answer, when I get home from work and my daughter looks up at my and smiles really big. My wife has a nice smile too, but nothing beats a baby's smile, especially my daughter's.

For the fun answer, I like to get laid. I know that sounds crude, but that does make me pretty happy even if I'm having a bad day. I have more of a problem with anger than depression, so that's a good way to get rid of any anger I might have.

For more socially acceptable answers, I also like to hang out with friends or family, because it's always good to surround yourself with those that care about you. This can be bittersweet as you remember those that are no longer with you, or those who simply couldn't make it.

It's also fun to drink, which is a default response for an Irishman. We've been drinking more wine lately and less beer and whiskey.

Monkeys, because, let's just face it. Monkeys are funny.

I also am partial to a good practical joke. I've been known to pull a few here and there. The more complex, and the more victims, the better.

Really appreciating the family I've been able to "really" connect with since leaving TWI.

Family reunions

Coming home to the squirt who thinks I'm the most awesome person in the whole wide world

A good book on CD for my daily commute

Mowing MY yard at MY house and coming in to MY kitchen for a tall glass of ice water

Peace of mind and freedom to make my own decisions without having to get approval from some legalistic arsehole

At the risk of sounding really shallow.....uh what the heck?

Driving my car (where I want to go) with my Ipod plugged in, playing what I want to hear, all by my own self, makes me really happy.

(I love my kids, husband, dog, cats, mom, family etc. I'm just really happy to not be with them 24/7. :B)

Spoken like a true mom I guess..... :wub: )