GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm coming out

RottieGrrrl

And so now, the light hearted thread turns toward the ugly. The "coming out" thing was kinda neat, because it seemed like an opportunity to say things without having someone step all over you for it. I guess "coming out" was a bad idea after all. I guess I'll go back into the closet and commune witht he ghost of John Wayne...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, Jonny, it's not like anyone said they hate Diet Pepsi and brownies...

Mr. P - That's hysterical - it would have been quite clear if you had left it at simply "I want them to die and I'll piddle on their grave"

but when you went on to add in front of their mother, I about spat out my coffee and I'm using the expensive cream today!!!

You said, " When you hate someone, it isn't the same as a "dislike", it's more like, "I want them to die and I'll pi$$ on their grave in front of their mother" type thing." You, Sir, are an outstanding communicator! I bow down to you! :eusa_clap: I may never ever forget that line!

Good Monday Mornin', GreaseSpotCafe!!! :biglaugh:

And you were right! :biglaugh:

Come on, Jonny.... so many people are coming out of some closet or another...you admitted to wanting to be a ballet dancer (Light on your toes?) All I did was help you also admit that you needed some help with your French spelling.

Call it an intervention...;)

Haha! And actually, I never really did want to dance like as in ballet. I was thinking of a funny and dry movie called "Lake Boat" where a guy comes out and confesses that he wanted to be a male ballerina. What would you call a guy like that? A ballerino? I used to go with a girl in the 11th Corps by the name of Madelaine, who was a modern dance dancer. She also had a lot of background in ballet, and she and I used to goof around and she actually had me doing tour jette's in the dance studio where I would pick her up after she had a session. She said I did it pretty good, but, I was only goofing to make her laugh. Haha! I seriously like to dance though, as in going out to a club, listen to good music and dancing. But, my wife doesn't really like to do that. But, she is fine with me dancing with other gals who like dancing...

And so now, the light hearted thread turns toward the ugly. The "coming out" thing was kinda neat, because it seemed like an opportunity to say things without having someone step all over you for it. I guess "coming out" was a bad idea after all. I guess I'll go back into the closet and commune witht he ghost of John Wayne...

This can't be because of my ribbing...can it?

How were you stepped on?

With as much teasing (and not all of it friendly teasing) that you do, I find it hard to believe that you're hurt by this.

UNless...you're referring to something else. If that's the case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

I don't come out as a lesbian 'cuz I hate lesbians, in fact could care less what another prefers for their life. The only thing I probably should not do is make fun of it, 'cuz it's not a funny thing, it's just life.

I also don't hate brownies and diet coke.

I also hate raisins. I mean REALLY can not stand them.

But I also don't offer that I am one.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Not at all! That was funny. And I don't know who P-Mosh was referring to, except that it was a bummer to see a critical comment like that when this thread had started out as a light hearted one. Hey, Cheers! I like this thread!

OH good! Well in that case.... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Let the games commence! (pssstt...and if you don't like a comment - ignore it...;) )

Why do people go in the closet to begin with?

Freud would say "everyone desires to get back to the safety of their mother's womb".

B.F.Skinner would say " Everyone has certain chemicals in their brain that makes them desire to get back to the safety of their mother's womb".

Timothy Leary would say "There's a closet around here ?"

Deepak Chopra would say " In light of the closet wouldn't it be more profitable to examine the closet and decide why the closet is there and if you should get out?"

It's biblical. ;)

Mat. 6:6

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door,

pray to thy Father which is in secret;

and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Not at all! That was funny. And I don't know who P-Mosh was referring to, except that it was a bummer to see a critical comment like that when this thread had started out as a light hearted one. Hey, Cheers! I like this thread!

I didn't mean to be a downer or to berate anyone in particular. That's why I didn't respond directly to anyone, and made a general observation instead. I just want people to think a little more about what they say. Not all of the statements made were "light-hearted" in my opinion.

Mr. P - That's hysterical - it would have been quite clear if you had left it at simply "I want them to die and I'll piddle on their grave"

but when you went on to add in front of their mother, I about spat out my coffee and I'm using the expensive cream today!!!

You said, " When you hate someone, it isn't the same as a "dislike", it's more like, "I want them to die and I'll pi$$ on their grave in front of their mother" type thing." You, Sir, are an outstanding communicator! I bow down to you! :eusa_clap: I may never ever forget that line!

Good Monday Mornin', GreaseSpotCafe!!! :biglaugh:

I actually tone myself down quite a bit here. I actually converted it. The original line has a bit about tearing out their mother's heart with your bare hands and eating it in front of them, but I figured that would be too much. Profanity is already banned, but I can think of some pretty bad things to say to get the point across without it. I spend a lot of time stuck in traffic.

T-Bone said: "The invisible man coming out of the closet."

Hahahaha well, judging by his wardrobe, I'd say it's a photo of the invisible cross-dressing man coming out of the closet.

If that's even his closet......maybe he's a peeping tom! :o

I go into my closet to get clothes....

I come out when I find something to wear...sometimes I come out with nothing...;)

Okay, I'll admit it

I too have dried my hands on my dog!

A "friend of mine" who plays harmonica, told me it is best not to advertise the fact.(That you play the harmonica)

According to "my friend", people are liable to say things like,"You really BLOW!" or the alternate, "Hey, man, you really SUCK!"

I am never really sure---- errr---- he is never really sure whether to thank them for the compliment or smack them upside the head between their eyes.

Better to stay in the closet and keep that harp hidden in your pocket.

Not that I would know, myself, but that's what my "friend" told me.

A "friend of mine" who plays harmonica, told me it is best not to advertise the fact.(That you play the harmonica)

According to "my friend", people are liable to say things like,"You really BLOW!" or the alternate, "Hey, man, you really SUCK!"

I am never really sure---- errr---- he is never really sure whether to thank them for the compliment or smack them upside the head between their eyes.

Better to stay in the closet and keep that harp hidden in your pocket.

Not that I would know, myself, but that's what my "friend" told me.

Waysider -- that's why I hate it when I break a *G* string, on any instrument!

I didn't mean to be a downer or to berate anyone in particular. That's why I didn't respond directly to anyone, and made a general observation instead. I just want people to think a little more about what they say. Not all of the statements made were "light-hearted" in my opinion.

I had similar thoughts PMosh and thought you said it much more diplomatically that I could have - which is why I held my tongue.

WS, I have heard the comment. But, I only heard it recently. A friend of mine, not mentioning that he'd heard me play the previous Saturday night says, "Hey Jonny, you really suck!" He had a big smile on his face, and I said; "Waddya mean?" And he says; "You really suck man! When you play harmonica you suck!" And I said; "Oh. Haw haw haw..." :rolleyes:

But it's too late, I am already out of the closet on that one. But actually, I haven't really hidden that here. Other have already known...

It's amazing and sad how many people here define themselves based on their hatred, and are proud to be hateful.

o relax mpm

i do not hate people really

i was exaggerating .

but i do hate most soda .. i guess i would .... on its grave if it was alive.

are you serious?

Waysider -- that's why I hate it when I break a *G* string, on any instrument!

Mr. Miller

Did you mean to say "When *my friend* breaks a *G* string-------"?

:wink2:

Hey, Jonny,

There's a link to a really cool interview with Jerry McCain on the Harp-L website archives.

At least that's what a friend told me.