GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm coming out

RottieGrrrl

WhiteDove and DMiller, thanks for the chuckles in regards to the driftwood!!

WhiteDove, as far as that piece of driftwood you mentioned, I still have it, it brings back fond memories, as a matter of fact it is hanging up in my living room in a fisherman's net along with seashells and other cool pieces of driftwood.

Cowgirl

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Miller

Did you mean to say "When *my friend* breaks a *G* string-------"?

:wink2:

NO!!! NO!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!

It's a debbil spurit filled world, that denigrates the TRUE meaning of words.

G-string has been *corrupted* to mean something totally different *from the original*.

I've got 25 of them: 2 on banjo, 2 on mandolin, 1 on guitar, 19 on piano, and 1 on fiddle.

OH!! The travesty!! When I break one -- why is it *undies* that come to a person's mind??. Eh??

We're living in the end times. I'm convinced!!

:biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

Cowgirl,

Up here in Alaska, I live in the middle of what is known as the Inside Passage, which is a series of fjiords, channels, island groups, and also is known as the Alexander Archipelago.

http://www.pbase.com/britestar/image/31603568

And we have tons and tons of driftwood "littering" our beaches. And, there are "braided" rivers here, where there is always nice dry driftwood laying up on the sandbars. The kids use it for bonfires when "partying" when they drive "out the road" where the "cops are not". Once I found a piece of driftwood that looked kind of like duck, and so I gave it to my then 8 year old son who sold it to one of the tourists off of a cruise ship. He told the lady that it was an official Alaskan Driftwood Duck. And she gave him ten dollars for it, and took his picture with it before he handed it over.

The wood that becomes driftwood here is Sitka spruce, northern hemlock, cottonwood, alder, white birch, yellow and red cedar, and, I guess that's mostly it. Some of the little remote beaches here that face the north are simply piled high and deep with driftwood because of the Northers blowing down and piling it up there. And ya know, I have a best pal who likes to carve on driftwood. I'll have to send him something cool that he can carve. Basically, he takes a piece of wood that he finds in the woods, and if it already resembles something, he carves it until it looks even more like that something. And then he sells them, and actually makes money. He's my best friend since seventh grade. I think I'll find him something cool and send it on down to Old Virginny...

And, DMiller, you said:

NO!!! NO!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!

It's a debbil spurit filled world, that denigrates the TRUE meaning of words.

G-string has been *corrupted* to mean something totally different *from the original*.

I've got 25 of them: 2 on banjo, 2 on mandolin, 1 on guitar, 19 on piano, and 1 on fiddle.

OH!! The travesty!! When I break one -- why is it *undies* that come to a person's mind??. Eh??

We're living in the end times. I'm convinced!!

DMiller, yer killin me! If I'd a been drinkin' coffee, I'd have blurted it out all over the keyboard and screen here!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

:offtopic:

Can this thread even BE off topic? But seriously....all you harp players out there, I gotta tell you that a GOOD harp player is so hard to find that you dang well better advertize! Some of us blues guitar players would LOVE to find a good harp player!

Oh, and has anyone noticed that all the google ads on this thread are gay ads? Just thought that was rather hilarious!

Rick

:offtopic:

Can this thread even BE off topic? But seriously....all you harp players out there, I gotta tell you that a GOOD harp player is so hard to find that you dang well better advertize! Some of us blues guitar players would LOVE to find a good harp player!

Oh, and has anyone noticed that all the google ads on this thread are gay ads? Just thought that was rather hilarious!

Rick

With all of US lesbians here, it's no wonder! :confused:

Edited by Rocky

The closet? what kind of closet? how big of a closet? Is is a walk-in closet, or one of those little skinny closets you can't even get a hanger to fit properly in? Or is is a linen closet? Is it in your bathroom? the kitchen?

WHICH CLOSET???

I HAVE TO KNOW!

P.S. White Turkey is NOT the Thread Killer, I am!

Pmosh sez...

"I want them to die and I'll pi$$ on their grave in front of their mother"

Pmosh...you act like that's a BAD thing.

There's lotsa stuff I hate that much. For example...

Mice. Especially in my silverware drawer. Actually, I may have actually done what you, so vivdly, described...only it wasn't in front of their mothers, it was ON their mothers.

Flat soda pop.

Being out of coffee....I REALLY despise that.

Running out of smokes and it's too late to go to the store.

Flat tires.

Dogs that kill my chickens.

Big ol' ugly spiders like the one I just squished with my shoe. I didn't pee on it, tho...I'm savin' that up for the next mouse I see.

'Possums and racoons that eat my garden.

Most things relating to computers.

Wal Mart.

There's all kinds of things that are worthy of ire. It's NOT an unwholesome thing.

I wonder what you'd do if Walmart was the *only* store in town.

I'd just use mail order like I do now. Actually, I live in Arkinsaw (as everyone knows) about a hundred miles from Walmartville in the northwest corner of the state. We'uns in our county got their number a VERY long time ago...before they went international and there is no walmart here and there never, ever will be. The locals who require cheap Chinese junk to acheive fulfillment in their wretched little lives have to drive quite a ways to get it, but that doesn't seem to bother them, so all is well, here.

What were the offending remarks about homosexuality? Just curious. It seems that the lesbian thing was just a bunch of funny guys basically talking about how they like sex with women which then therefore makes them "lesbian". I mean, I hear that all the time: "I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body!" ha ha ha. I mean, I may have missed something that was said in an offensive manner, but, being me, I must have missed it...

I have worked, for the past several years, with someone who is a lesbian.

I think I know her pretty well.

There was nothing there that I think she would see as offensive but I'm NOT going to bring her to GSC to verify that.

Not because of the lesbian thing, because of the CULT thing!

Of course, that's just one person.

Still, I don't think anything said was of malicious intent.

Heck, one time she asked me to guess a lesbian's favorite beer.

I can't directly tell you the answer so I'll have to beat around the Bush. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll come out now about my real sexual identification. I'm a lesbian. For years I didn't know for sure what a lesbian was exactly but I just read what it is they like to do with women. It described me perfectly. But I'm not ashamed. I'm PROUD!!!

_______

HAHAHAHAH!! Good one Sudo

So the beard and stash are surgically implanted I guess?

I've been outside since I was a little voyeur :unsure: :redface2::who_me:

Edited by Hills Bro

My fine feathered friend-- you are sooooo wrong! Sheesh! stya on topic, anyway!! :biglaugh:

Now, back to the topic at hand:

I have a closet! I went in there this morning, grabbed my clothes off the hook on the wall, and came out! So there!

Hey there Psalmie. :)

I'm glad you went to your CLOTHES CLOSET,

and not your PIE CLOSET!!!

(Otherwise a food fight would be in the works!!)

Silly dmiller, that would be my pie SAFE! :biglaugh:

INCOMING!!!!!!

SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!

HA! GOTCHA!

Now look! I've messed up Rottie's thread! Ah, well, first time fer everything. . . :rolleyes:

Way-ul -- we-un's was too poor to afford a safe!

We un's kept them in the pie closet!!!!

I’m coming out or wasting my time? Five minutes ago I call my gardener in Senegal to hear about his life, family, (health) problems, and all the things you cannot begin to imagine which can happen in West Africa.

When it’s over, I ask myself, how can I concentrate only on MY OWN stupid problems when so many people have “problems” so much greater than mine?

Malaria, poverty, medicine, nothing to eat, no place to go, no clothes, and definitely no $$ for a phone call.

What is YOUR GOD PERSPECTIVE & EXPERIENCE when it comes to people in this ( my ) world?? My time is running out at 53 because it takes younger people to fight this battle... and so many families depend on what I do.

It’s absolutely crazy!

Bump