GreaseSpot Cafe

So many newbies, so many still blinded by vp...

tonto

From the opening post most of this thread has been an effort in insulting newbies.

WHY DON'T YOU SEE THAT?

I seriously suggest that pawtucket change the Welcome greeting. It's obviously bs.

Larry

I'm just curious why, if you, yourself, are *over it* and *healed*, you feel so compelled to stick around and continue to post the kinds of things you post. I don't think the Welcome greeting is a bunch of BS. The rules seem quite reasonable to me. Of course, that's just my opinion. I also don't believe this thread was started as an effort to insult newbies. Many newbies take some time and review the editorials and other documents that are here before they start participating in discussions. I could be mistaken, but when I initially suggested that you consider doing that, you scoffed at the idea.

I'm not angry with you, brother, just puzzled why anyone would keep coming back to a place they find objectionable.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously suggest that pawtucket change the Welcome greeting. It's obviously bs.

O no, it was a serious suggestion.

Seriously, why are you here?

There is a helping hand within you .... somewhere.

Interested in using it? Or something else on your mind?

Please tell us what we can do to help.

I don`t know, it appears that the pro twi/vpw crowd when unable to get respect for their teacher or the doctrine that they embrace...in their frustration have to lable gs posters as mean or in cliques...or negative or evil...whatever...

Nobody wants to play the game any more so then like any play ground bully....they have to go kicking sand in everybody`s face....disrupting wherever they can.

It is destructive and mean, and doesn`t inspire any respect for one`s pov.

Rascal, I would find your pov worth paying attention to when and if you earn my respect. I'm not sure that will happen any time soon though. (See how that works? :))

From the opening post most of this thread has been an effort in insulting newbies.

WHY DON'T YOU SEE THAT?

larry i'm a newbie in fact only been coming here for about a month. I haven't been insulted. BTW I left TWI 20 some years ago and never bothered with any of the offshoots.

Larry, I am not here to earn your respect...My posts stand on there own, a reflections of my thoughts and feelings as I explosre rthis exciting journey post twi....

My issue with you is your interference with the people who enjoy being here and have found this place to be beneficial and healing.

I frankly am at a loss when someone is deliberate in their obstruction to that which has proven to be such a blessing to so very many.

Edited by rascal

Larry

I'm just curious why, if you, yourself, are *over it* and *healed*, you feel so compelled to stick around and continue to post the kinds of things you post.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "things post." If you mean that I don't share the same mindset as everyone else -- well -- excuse me but, I've been there, done that.

I don't think the Welcome greeting is a bunch of BS.
It is for those who don't like "newbies" upsetting the apple cart.
The rules seem quite reasonable to me.

Never implied they weren't.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I also don't believe this thread was started as an effort to insult newbies.
To each his own.
Many newbies take some time and review the editorials and other documents that are here before they start participating in discussions. I could be mistaken, but when I initially suggested that you consider doing that, you scoffed at the idea.

I don't remember who made that suggestion to me awhile back. I vaguely recall my response being something along the line of -- Why do you assume I haven't?

I'm not angry with you, brother, just puzzled why anyone would keep coming back to a place they find objectionable.
I'm not angry with you either. For that matter I'm not angry at anyone. I think the topic is silly and insulting (and obviously ignores the Welcome extended TO ALL), but that's just my opinion. Does it upset you that I have an opinion that doesn't mirror yours?
Do tell, Larry...if you're not in twi, which offshoot are you in?

Tonto, this question was asked of me previously. You must have missed my answer. I've NEVER been associated with ANY offshoot. For that matter I don't go to ANY church either.

I don't share the same mindset as everyone else -- well -- excuse me but, I've been there, done that.
never been a requirement-ever, read the first page of gsc
It is for those who don't like "newbies" upsetting the apple cart.

what apple cart would that be?

To each his own.
and what is 'your' own
I think the topic is silly and insulting (and obviously ignores the Welcome extended TO ALL), but that's just my opinion. Does it upset you that I have an opinion that doesn't mirror yours?

No, in fact you would get used to different opinions if you would hear them.

Speaking of mirrors................

edited by tonto ..you ansered my question Larry, but I find it hard to believe.

:) Well, then you should understand why I find a lot of things you folks say hard to believe. You either accept my word or don't.

No, in fact you would get used to different opinions if you would hear them.

There ya go again cman -- making assumptions about me. I don't suppose the fact that I'm still here is any indication that those who have different viewpoints than my own doesn't impact me in the least. I'm an old pro at accepting that fact in life. Remember -- I was a member of a cult at one time. ;)

I was a member of a cult at one time.

Yes, so were we all, (for the most part) so why would anyone be treated differently then anyone else? When we know the results of this kind of thinking.

You have not been treated unfairly, if that is what you think. Though you seem to require more respect then deserved. Possibly underestimating the honesty of the people here. I recall you questioning honesty here, and saying something about one could be whoever they wanted to be here.

That is seen through by most and will not work in this place.

There are roughly 11,000+ topics here. If I see one I think is silly or uninteresting I don't read it. (Doctor, it hurts when I do that! Well then quit doing that) But to come and diss someone that decided to raise a topic seems to be trolling to me.

Good grief! Not another one!!!! Look bullwinkl, I haven't had the time to check out most of your posts -- yet. I usually will do that to get a "handle" on where a particular member stands on various subjects. However, it's comments like yours that makes it easy for me to not waste my time doing so. If you insist on jumping on this bandwagon -- have at it but, don't expect me to run with my tail between my legs and certainly don't expect me to turn the other cheek. I'll have none of that especially when I sense someone is just trying to "fit" in with the clique.

Your turn.

<snip> ...Apparently, you, like so many others can't seem to understand us. That's fair enuf. I have a difficult time understanding how someone could have gotten out more than 10 or 20 yrs ago and yet still have issues they're dealing with. I don't mean to be unsympathetic -- but -- either God doesn't exist or you've decided He's not capable of healing your heart. If I recall -- wasn't that one of Jesus' mission -- to heal the broken-hearted?

So, do you mean being unsympathetic comes natural to you then? For that matter, are arrogance and self-righteousness a pre-existing condition or are they the tenth and eleventh manifestations of the TWI-mind games? From the trend I see in your posts - it seems like you have issues with lots of things: When people criticize TWI, vpw, PFAL. When people tarnish the image of vpw. It seems contradictory for someone to talk about Jesus healing the broken-hearted while attacking folks you assume aren't able to "get over it."

Larry:

GreaseSpot Cafe is a gathering place, bringing together people and information. We welcome all who have an interest in The Way International, including former followers, current followers, and those who may have friends or family members who are involved.

I guess the welcome mat is only symbolic, instead of heart-felt and true.

What's with making "current followers" real big – and then denying you are one? Well, remain mysterious and aloof – it doesn't matter to me. But you might want to note the mission statement following the phrase you quoted:

Welcome to the GreaseSpot Cafe!

GreaseSpot Cafe is a gathering place, bringing together people and information. We welcome all who have an interest in The Way International, including former followers, current followers, and those who may have friends or family members who are involved. Our mission is to provide information that tells the other side of the story about The Way International and its trustees. Our hope is that GreaseSpot Cafe serves as a place where those who have been impacted by The Way can make connections with people and information which will support their particular process of recovery.

It seems your mission is to denigrate those telling the other side of the story about TWI and its trustees.

Edited by T-Bone

a "handle" on where a particular member stands on various subjects

This is subject to change and does change for many here, so past posts will reflect these changes.

It's the ones that 'stand' and can not change with overwhelming evidence that is the mark of a cult/twi/narrow minded thinking.

And it's not easy at all when we have been so used and not allowed to think.

And I think I can say that about myself for sure.

Calling someone a 'member' can reveal to one's self their current thinking.

Listening to one's own words is great learning.

Whether or not it indicates a pattern of thinking is for the one speaking to see.

And some may point out some of these for your consideration.

Doesn't mean they are after you to 'attack'.

Edited by cman

Look bullwinkl, I haven't had the time to check out most of your posts -- yet. I usually will do that to get a "handle" on where a particular member stands on various subjects. However, it's comments like yours that makes it easy for me to not waste my time doing so.

<snip>

Your turn.

Don't bother yourself reading them you have me down pat. Now who is next in line so I can kiss some more A$$.

</snark>

Edited by bulwinkl

So, do you mean being unsympathetic comes natural to you then?

Have you stopped beating your wife?

For that matter, are arrogance and self-righteousness a pre-existing condition or are they the tenth and eleventh manifestations of the TWI-mind games?

You mean to tell me you're still holding onto the belief that they're manifestations instead of gifts?

From the trend I see in your posts - it seems like you have issues with lots of things: When people criticize TWI, vpw, PFAL. When people tarnish the image of vpw.

I really could care less. The man is dead (and for all intents and purposes so is TWI). Except in the minds of people like you.

It seems contradictory for someone to talk about Jesus healing the broken-hearted while attacking folks you assume aren't able to "get over it."

Oh! I forgot. As one is still suppose to be effected by TWI erroneous teaching (and a ministry that de-emphasized Jesus) I'm not suppose to mention the power that Jesus has to heal the broken-hearted.

What's with making "current followers" real big – and then denying you are one? Well, remain mysterious and aloof – it doesn't matter to me.

:) I can't imagine how any of you would actually deal with a CURRENT FOLLOWER when you have a difficult time dealing with FORMER FOLLOWERS that don't share your mindset. Thus I highlighted that portion of the welcoming to draw your attention to that little caveat.

But you might want to note the mission statement following the phrase you quoted:
Dude, I quoted a portion of the greeting. Surely that might have clued you in on the fact that I'm aware of exactly what it says. I didn't think it relevant to bring up that section of the welcome.
It seems your mission is to denigrate those telling the other side of the story about TWI and its trustees.

Fair enuf but, I assure you if I ever choose to "slap" you you'll know it.

Don't bother yourself reading them you have me down pat. Now who is next in line so I can kiss some more A$$.

</snark>

Would you care for some lip balm? ;)

You are changing the entire point of T-Bone's post.

Changing the subject to what you think T-Bone thinks.

Instead of just having a conversation, you want a war.

Refusing to consider the questions, which is fine, but the rest is bs.

Dodging questions that are easy to answer.

You are changing the entire point of T-Bone's post.

Changing the subject to what you think T-Bone thinks.

Instead of just having a conversation, you want a war.

Refusing to consider the questions, which is fine, but the rest is bs.

Dodging questions that are easy to answer.

*SIGH* Cman -- Sit proudly on that horse, my dear man.