• $60,000 to $69,999
    • $70,000 to $79,999
    • $80,000 to $89,999
    • $90,000 to $99,999
    • $100,000 to $124,999
    • $125,000 to $149,999
    • $150,000 to $199,999
    • $200,000 or Higher

I didn't break down the numbers above $200,000 on the poll because as far as I know, we don't have any TWI BOT here.

LOL, that's one reason.

The other is that anyone making much over $200k should be working on investments that *reduce* their taxable income rather than increase it.

Edited by Jim

This question was a motivator for starting a business. I had the idea of starting a janitorial business and wanted to be competitive. I was trying to determine what I should charge. As it turned out, I just happened to have filled out an application a few weeks previous that posed the same question. "What was your last year's salary?" I was embarrassed. After years in TWI, I was barely making over half the medium income for Texas.

Growing up in a blue collar town, I always found humor in how different the mentality was compared to a city like Kasas City. You ask some one in KC what school they went to and their proud button get's pushed. "I went to Emporia State!" or "I went to University of Kansas!"

In Corpus Christi, you ask that question and the typical response is, " I went to Carrol High School!" or "I went to King High School!" The proud button is the same, just a different value system.

Likewise, you ask a college grad what his income is and you'll likely hear an annual salary. Go to Corpus And ask that and it will be an hourly salary.

So, I did the math. The medium income for a family was about $30,000 a year.

So, let's see. If you work 40 hours a week for a year (52 weeks) that's 2080 hours. Divide 30,000 by 2000 hours (allowing 80 hours for down time and vacation)....I needed to charge about $15.00 an hour.

Today, I'm on disability. I'm a few months away from telling Social Security they are fired! I'm still disabled but I'm not dead. I can figure out how to set up a substantial residual income that makes Social Security an insult to a person with just a little brain left.

I have the experience and have earned the right to pursue a six figure residual income. Doors have opened extremely wide and I running through.

This question was a motivator for starting a business. I had the idea of starting a janitorial business and wanted to be competitive. I was trying to determine what I should charge. As it turned out, I just happened to have filled out an application a few weeks previous that posed the same question. "What was your last year's salary?" I was embarrassed. After years in TWI, I was barely making over half the medium income for Texas.

Growing up in a blue collar town, I always found humor in how different the mentality was compared to a city like Kasas City. You ask some one in KC what school they went to and their proud button get's pushed. "I went to Emporia State!" or "I went to University of Kansas!"

In Corpus Christi, you ask that question and the typical response is, " I went to Carrol High School!" or "I went to King High School!" The proud button is the same, just a different value system.

Likewise, you ask a college grad what his income is and you'll likely hear an annual salary. Go to Corpus And ask that and it will be an hourly salary.

So, let's see. If you work 40 hours a week for a year (52 weeks) that's 2080 hours. Divide 30,000 by 2000 hours (allowing 80 hours for down time and vacation)....I needed to charge about $15.00 an hour.

Today, I'm on disability. I'm a few months away from telling Social Security they are fired! I'm still disabled but I'm not dead. I can figure out how to set up a substantial residual income that makes Social Security an insult to a person with just a little brain left.

I have the experience and have earned the right to pursue a six figure residual income. Doors have opened extremely wide and I running through.

If you charge $15/hr, you'll be lucky to see $10/hr in your pocket.

You're going to have to insure and gas up your truck, pay for your travel time, buy and maintain equipment, buy supplies, look for new customers, send bills to current customers, and do bookkeeping. It's not too hard in the begining, but as you grow, all this stuff really adds up.

If you are serious about doing a good janitorial service, and I mean good for the long haul, not just the first 3 months, you are far more valuable to a company than $15 an hour. I would be absolutely delighted to pay someone $25 to do an efficient 1/2 hour cleaning once a week at my company.

Charge more, work hard and fast and gain your customers' trust.

If you charge $15/hr, you'll be lucky to see $10/hr in your pocket.

You're going to have to insure and gas up your truck, pay for your travel time, buy and maintain equipment, buy supplies, look for new customers, send bills to current customers, and do bookkeeping. It's not too hard in the begining, but as you grow, all this stuff really adds up.

If you are serious about doing a good janitorial service, and I mean good for the long haul, not just the first 3 months, you are far more valuable to a company than $15 an hour. I would be absolutely delighted to pay someone $25 to do an efficient 1/2 hour cleaning once a week at my company.

Charge more, work hard and fast and gain your customers' trust.

It does seem there is demand for certain jobs ... then again I have seen janitorial go to lowballers that hire cheap (illegal?) labor. I don't know how it is now, but it was harder for the quality guy to ace out the guy with 50 cheap workers. But if you are going legit, you probably have to charge double what you really want to make per hour. Getting jobs and a reputation by working a little cheap at first might be wise ... but be sure to raise your rates consistently ...

Maybe the other wiser janitorial types have better advice. Me ... I'm working on lottery numbers ... VP was wrong, God will give me those numbers ... come on lucky 7. :) That's my retirement plan ... though I may go to stock market gambling ... better odds ... :biglaugh:

ht_familyphoto_070801_ms.jpg

have you seen this family ?

The aptly named Economides family pays for a nice house, two cars, furniture, clothes, and food for a family of seven and everything else they need on an average income of less than $35,000. They are America's Cheapest Family.

In their book "America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money," a New York Times bestseller, they explain their system for staying debt free. It takes meticulous planning and a willingness to truly accept the one rule of debt free living: if you don't have the money, don't buy it. They stick to a budget, buy clothes at thrift and consignment stores and shop for used furniture and other household items on the Internet.

Why would ANYone here even care what ANYone else receives (earned or unearned) annually? :confused:

AND... Why would ANYone here even tell the truth about what they receive (earned or unearned)?

The most truthful answer I care to give it that it's nobody's damned business. :biglaugh::dance::biglaugh:

But Tom Strange's answer's good too... :)

Why would ANYone here even care what ANYone else receives (earned or unearned) annually? confused.gif

AND... Why would ANYone here even tell the truth about what they receive (earned or unearned)?

The most truthful answer I care to give it that it's nobody's damned business. biglaugh.gif dance.gif biglaugh.gif

Leave Mr. P-Mosh alone! He's a human being! (sob!) You don't care about anybody but yourself! (sob!) He hasn't danced in two years now! So leave him alone!! (sob sob sob....)

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Leave Mr. P-Mosh alone! He's a human being! (sob!) You don't care about anybody but yourself! (sob!) He hasn't danced in two years now! So leave him alone!! (sob sob sob....)

:rolleyes:

At best, Jonni, this seems like a (very) lame attempt at humor.

on your part, that is.