GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

Well, as BBQ time draws near, I feel the urge to put a disclaimer, warning all attendees:

Please forgive me while I become totally self-indulgent here:

I'm a busy Mom, with the obsessive/compulsive gene. As much as I wish I could be June Cleaver, that I ain't. I apologize right here, right now for that.

When Ya'll come here, pleeze be aware that the top of my fridge hasn't been dusted since 2004, the year we had my oldest's graduation party. I think the last time I cleaned my windows, was um.....maybe like in 2005 when we had a family reunion? I have a large dog, who sheds and leaves tumbleweeds of dog hair everywhere, and our cat sheds as well. I can't seem to keep up with vacuuming his laying spots.

I did clean out my fridge, I think it was maybe sometime during the summer, can't remember. The house cleaner cleans the bathrooms, no worries there. I can't remember the last time I dusted the living room, but nobody sits in there anyway.

I guess my disclaimer is, pleeze don't come here expecting Way Perfection. It doesn't exist. But we will have lotza good food, good company, and fun times. Come one, come all, and bring your allergy meds if cat hair and dust are a problem. :B)

Ah, I feel much more better now. :evilshades:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as BBQ time draws near, I feel the urge to put a disclaimer, warning all attendees:

Please forgive me while I become totally self-indulgent here:

I'm a busy Mom, with the obsessive/compulsive gene. As much as I wish I could be June Cleaver, that I ain't. I apologize right here, right now for that.

When Ya'll come here, pleeze be aware that the top of my fridge hasn't been dusted since 2004, the year we had my oldest's graduation party. I think the last time I cleaned my windows, was um.....maybe like in 2005 when we had a family reunion? I have a large dog, who sheds and leaves tumbleweeds of dog hair everywhere, and our cat sheds as well. I can't seem to keep up with vacuuming his laying spots.

I did clean out my fridge, I think it was maybe sometime during the summer, can't remember. The house cleaner cleans the bathrooms, no worries there. I can't remember the last time I dusted the living room, but nobody sits in there anyway.

I guess my disclaimer is, pleeze don't come here expecting Way Perfection. It doesn't exist. But we will have lotza good food, good company, and fun times. Come one, come all, and bring your allergy meds if cat hair and dust are a problem. :B)

Ah, I feel much more better now. :evilshades:

Well I just want to know if your closets are organized and your shoes are filed by brand alphabetically? I wouldn't want to pick up some leather spirit that would make me want a pair of red pumps, you know :biglaugh:

Dusting??? Cleaning??? Washing windows???

Who's got time to do chores like that,

when there's instruments begging to be picked?

Priorities. They come FIRST -- don't cha ya know!!

I've got *dust bunnies* here from a decade or two ago.

We co-exist peacefully. I don't disturb them, they don't disturb me. :)

Don't worry about it, eh??

Anyone p!sses and moans about cleanliness -- hand em a dust rag!!

Ex10- Don't you dare get rid of the dust bunnies! I was going to put all of them to work! ;)

Seriously folks, Ex10's house is lovely, her family is warm and loving and her hot tub overfloweth.....;)

Sounds like a comfortable, warm, welcoming home to me. Could never visit a "Martha Stewart" or "June Cleaver" home; would feel totally out of place and uncomfortable. I like to be able to take my shoes off, move the pile of laundry from the chair to the corner, and make myself at home. Sounds like you have a very normal home that makes people feel warm and cozy.

Suda

You nailed it Suda! Ex10, when we met at the bbq last year I felt so welcomed and comfortable in your home...as if I had known you guys for years. I was relieved it wasn't "Way perfection"! You guys are the real deal, so save a dust bunny for me!

Ha, George, thanks for the tip! I'll save the dryer lint for the campfire at the BBQ. :thinking:

By way, how was your pig roast? We ended up spending yesterday at A&M painting daughter's bedroom maroon and purple. (I know, I know, she chose the paint colors.)

Ha! sisex. That would be true if she spoke English. And she doesn't come all the time, just when I'm overwhelmed...... :o

And fortunately, Tom Strange, since my last conversation with the landlord, the exterminator comes every month. I asked J is she had seen any of the scarier variety of critters, and she said except for the token cockroach, all is well.

I'm glad my days in the student slum are over. :blink:

Edited by ex10

Yahoo! Houston here I come. Woo Hoo BBQ!

Will arrive at IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) 3:30 pm on Friday, Nov 2.

Depart Sunday, Nov 4 at 4:10 pm.

Anyone want to share rides to and from the airport?

Suda

I'm flying in Friday so I don't miss a minute of Saturday's festivities, and so I can get a good night's sleep and be ready to par-tay!

My to bring list: 1 large jug of Corky's BBQ sauce, 1 large package of Rendezous dry rub, 1 pair Playtex Living gloves (as I will be the chief bottle washer assisting Dooj in the kitchen - should be fun Kitchen Patrol!). Anyone need anything else from the Memphis area? If so, let me know. (Can't bring Elvis, he has a previous engagement. Nor can I bring Sudo, as he has an Ole Miss game.)

Looking forward to seeing the Ex-10 clan again! And excited to meet many new faces. Wonder if any will be "oldies but goodies" and I just don't recognize the screen names. What a treat that would be!

Got my cowgirl hat and boots ready. Is a purple boa in order? Will check the weather forecast as the time draws nearer.

It's almost "Q" time. See y'all in 24 days - just a smidge over 3 weeks.

Suda (very excited!)

Suda... you really need to bring the dentist with you! ...you really do ...he needs to hang out on the back deck with me and the guys ...make him come, we'll even set up a transistor radio so's he can keep up with what's going on in Oxford ...or he can follow along online cuz ex10's house has wireless...