GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending 17 years of my life in Houston, Texas...I fully understand the "ways" of the Texans...the BBQ is second to none and the fresh seafood from the gulf makes my mouth water as I type...of course, you can have the traffic grid lock, the fire ants and the hot Texas sun...

I'm sure you're all having a great time...drink a cold one (or two), for me...Happy days! :spy:

After spending 17 years of my life in Houston, Texas...I fully understand the "ways" of the Texans...the BBQ is second to none and the fresh seafood from the gulf makes my mouth water as I type...of course, you can have the traffic grid lock, the fire ants and the hot Texas sun...

I'm sure you're all having a great time...drink a cold one (or two), for me...Happy days! :spy:

yeah... so WHERE ARE YOU DUDE?!?!?!?!

post-2817-1194142062_thumb.jpg

Ma'am, could you please identify the perp???

post-2817-1194142011_thumb.jpg

doojAble the magnificent! (we can't say the "c" word)

post-2817-1194142117_thumb.jpg

some strange man...

post-2817-1194142155_thumb.jpg

what a loverly couple

...by the way, the "c" word is "cute" (what were you thinkin')

miss chrispy...

can't stay away from GSC!

niKa & ex10

these folks look like they're up to no good!

(but probably not twinky or eyes open)

THE man... THE legend

the smiling faces of 'our host' and Tonto

looking good, even in B&W

niKa & DWBH

Edited by Twinky

heck... we don't bbq birds or pigs! just cows!

..and we wouldn't throw you in the fire!

(well, not on purpose anyway)

Ok Tom your host just told me on the phone there was BBQ'd bird there. :blink:

Ha I knew it......... You can't fool me. Now what do you have to say for yourself?

Well.....

On Friday night we had homemade lasagna with bracciole, meatballs and Italian sausage. Don'tWorryBeHappy brought lobster tails which we served with melted butter. (Lawbstah and buttah...;)

Saturday we had Chicken Tortilla Soup in the afternoon, along with various salsas and dips for chips.

Saturday night we had smoked turkey and brisket with the Countess's world famous potato salad, jalapeno poppers, beans and salad.

For dessert there was Tiramisu, Boston Cream Pie, (in honor of the Red Socks winning the series ;)) Twinky's wonderful Sticky Toffee Pudding and a lovely fruit topped cheesecake that NiKA brought.

Mojitos flowed, along with lots of wine and beer.

Gotta start on next year's menu....

Edited by doojable

Who looks the most like their avatar?

It was close between T-Bone and Don't Worry, but Don't Worry won hands down.

The group shot. People are lined up alphabetically by height

I agree. It is a close call, but, yah, my vote will have to go with DWBH. He looks EXACTLY like his avatar.

What a great looking group of folks! Is the Strange one up front and center like that because he's guarding his snow cones?

I really wanted to go, and was planning on it, but a lucrative job came up for Friday night, so I had to stay home and be a responsible adult.

Saturday morning, I decided to hit the woods and see what I could do.

I was vindicated as I got TWO clean kills and now have close to 250 lbs. of venison in my freezer...and the season's just beginning.

While you guys were cavorting in Texas barbecue ecstasy, I was busy cleaning, gutting, skinning and butchering my victual offering for the next get together, which I'll definitely not miss.

I have two 15 lb hams and some steaks earmarked just for the occasion, and a pot of deer chili would go well, also.

Okay, okay, okay...maybe I didn't go out in the woods, and just sat up in my upstairs bedroom with my coffee looking out the window...and it's muzzleloader season, and they were shot with a .308. They were attacking my garden and it was either me or them, and my muzzleloader wouldn't reach that far. It was self defense, I tell you.

Looks like you all had a wonderful time and I'm really looking forward to when we can see what magic Doojable can work with venison and what magic dmiller can work with his fiddle.

Edited by Ron G.

I'm home, happy and sad. Happy to be with my family, and sad to have left all my friends behind in Texas. What a fabulous weekend! It could not have been better - well, unless more of our fellow greasespotters could have joined us.

Many thanks again for the Ex10 family sharing their home and hospitality with us!

Suda