GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ 2007

doojable

Would love to Tom, but have to face the reality that I am an "Ole Miss Football Widow". But don't mind being his "widow" during the fall because I enjoy seeing him having so much fun with the college football. He's like a kid in a candy store - so many teams to follow, so many ways the rankings can shift, who's gonna make what "bowl". Love seeing him excited and having fun.

Suda

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, George, despite my personal allergy to the word "schedule," he's what's a happening..... :biglaugh:

Our BBQ officially begins at noon, on Saturday, November 3rd. Our chef in residence, Doojable, will have a light lunch of delightful Chicken Tortilla soup, for the weary travelers in our bunch, who get here just in time to be voraciously starving. Mom's making the cornbread. No advertizement needed. So, show up for lunch, and we'll feed ya. And there will be kids, dogs, a herd or two of teenagers, and wandering neighbors in and out of the house. Mi casa, su casa.

The big deal meal, happens at 6pm when my dearly beloved will have had to time to smoke, grill, roast whatever he decides on. (He is still pondering the awesome possiblilties to show off his culinary talents.)

Of couse, Dooj is the assistant chef in rez, and my dearly beloved and her will be in doing their two-steppin, cookin thang in the kitchen. Suda is the official cleaner upper, Tonto the wine goddess, and Tom Strange the beer meister. I will be on the phone, giving directions to all those who have relied on mapquest. Dessert will be awesome, and it's a surprize! this year.

Somebody pleeeze bring a laptop to put on the kitchen table, as I've almost thrown mine out the back door and stomped on it. The thing that stops me is, well, I don't have a good excuse, I'm looking for one.

Also, we need a camera to post pics, as Crispy of Richncrispy fame, has agreed to be our Pic Meister Extraordinaire. (T-bone, pleeze bring yours?)

We will have a campfire on the deck, if we can scrounge up some fire wood before then. (It's rather scarce here, unless we have a cold snap, that sends us scurrying.)

All us die hard partiers will sit on the deck trading stories til the cock crows twice, (cause we usually wonder what it is the first time.) Then we will sleep for about 15 minutes, get up and have a "freefalling" uh, what to call it? "fellowship" time, with lotza coffee and bagels. Serve your own self.

11am brunch for all those who couldn't get their butts here by 9. :wave: Hang out more, drink lotza coffee, and everybody gets kicked out late afternoon, which is 4pmish for moi.

I didn't mention the hot tub, which I will make sure son cleans out beforehand. Will someone pleeze volunteer to watch the water level so we don't flood the back yard this year? Hot tub filling is not my forte.

Anyway, that's our schedule. If anybody has any better ideas, please direct them to somebody else. :dance:

Disclaimer: All of what I just said is null and void in a court of law, and cannot be used for purposes other than.....I forget.

Good point, dooj. I pretty much know who's comin, but you know how us sweet potato queens are. I just want folks to come, and not have to worry so much about bringing anything, or going to lotza trouble.

Ya'll's (as in anybody who feels the inclination) beautiful presence is what is most coveted. Amen.

We will have a campfire on the deck, if we can scrounge up some fire wood before then. (It's rather scarce here, unless we have a cold snap, that sends us scurrying.)

Wood?? You need firewood? We've got more here than you can shake a stick at!! :biglaugh:

I've got a small trunk (no pun intended) in my car, but I could bring some down.

I put in for my time off (3 weeks in a row -- 15 working days total), over a week ago.

It's still not *approved* yet, but several of those days have been spoken for already,

so it's looking promising, if not downright good!

(Still needs to be *approved* though).

We will have a campfire on the deck...

I didn't mention the hot tub, which I will make sure son cleans out beforehand. Will someone pleeze volunteer to watch the water level so we don't flood the back yard this year?

Maybe "on the deck" doesn't mean the same to you as it does to me. You're gonna need that hot tub for more than bathing in if you do mean "on the deck". Will scare those dust bunnies just a bit.

dmiller,

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the time off to come to the bbq as well as the rest of your travels.

Ex10,

Do you have a fit pit on your deck? I'm with Twinky, a fire on a deck sounds scary. Too much of a hot time for this ole lady. lol

All,

Just 23 days!

Suda

He wants to be the "surprise guest" and will come dressed as Santa Claus.

That's the outfit I was going to wear...

I still need to know how many to cook for. I don't need names. I need a head count.

Please... :biglaugh:

I will be thinking of you all. sent pics like last year...

That was sorta like being there, except for dancing with Dooj and eating her food............

And catching up on old times with Ex10 and Paw.

And missing meeting the Gallery crew.........Damn. I just need to make a plan and just do it,, perhaps next year,

it's just hard getting away when I still have a young one around..

Enough about me.......talk among yourselfs,,,,,,,but do take lots of pics ,Please!

:dance: :dance: :dance::drink::dance: :dance: :dance:

:jump::jump::jump:

I tihink that just about says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSG,

I look forward to being a grandmother one day. But both my daughters are in college, a junior and a freshman, and my son is a junior in high school. Would like all three of them to be through college, and have a few years to enjoy being independent young adults before settling down and raising a family. So I'd think the earliest I'm in store for the delight of grandparenthood would be 5 or 6 years from now, as my oldest will have to complete her Master's Degree, also.

Suda (looking forward to being a grandmother when her kids are ready to be parents)

Only a couple more week's til our Holy Smoke TX BBQ! It's not to late to make plans for anybody who wants to be here. All are welcome!

Plans are well underway, and now we just need the weather to cooperate. It has cooled down to the high 80's the past week, so I'm hopeful.... :beer: