GreaseSpot Cafe

The Writing Machine

waysider

http://www.thewritingmachine.net/archives/...ntula_attac.php

Has anyone been to this web site?

It's a memoir and collection of writings by a young man who grew up in The Way.

The last time I saw him he was just a tiny tot with long golden hair, whose boundless energy had him bouncing off the walls of Mason's Hall while we adults chanted choruses of What A Friend We Have In Jesus.

If you go, be sure to read his bio.

WOW WAYSIDER!!................thanks for that!!!.......i too last saw christian when he was that cute little curly haired blonde kid!......i don't know about you, but his writing is powerful to me.......especially that short prophecy piece!.......there is talent here!.........good for him!!!.........wow.......i'm still feeling his words!........peace

Thanks so much for providing this link. What a fabulous site he has! I remember him, too.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Most excellent reading! Thank you.

I think that I will purchase the book in November. He is a talented writer and his story is very interesting.

I really love his writings - mostly because I can relate to them. (I grew up in the way too)! I can't wait until I can say that I've spent half of my life outside of the cult (one of my favorite lines from his bio). He has inspired me to collect my own experiences and put them in poetry format.

Christian has (graciously) given me permission to post excerpts from his books on this thread. He has told me that he's appreciative of the kind comments people have expressed here. You can see what he says here. He went on to say (in his latest email to me) that he thinks the books might spark some intense conversation -- negative or positive -- it would be interesting to see nevertheless.

I'm currently half way through his book and I must say it's one of those kind of books that you just don't want to put down -- at least in my opinion.

A few days ago I finished reading Christian's book "The Secret Curse Surrenders". I wrote to him telling him how I judge a good read. I essentially told him it's when you pick one up and get slightly irritated when you get distracted and have to put it down. Another indication that you've read a good one is when you get to the end and are disappointed that there's not more (although at the very end of it there's about four blank pages -- maybe they're there for you to fill in).

I highly recommend reading it.

Edited by Larry N Moore

Has anyone else read Christian's books? I plan to order them soon.

His comments on his latest entry are very kind:

I’d like to thank everyone who visited The Writing Machine from the discussion forum on Grease Spot Cafe (main site | forums). The comments on the thread and your e-mails have re-validated the past 15 years of writing and provided the spark of encouragement I need to stick to my deadlines and push through this last phase of self-publishing. I did also feel a touch of the Rock of Ages come back to me where The Way was understood without explaining; and where everyone knew my name and remembered me in diapers. :-) Once again, thank you all… I am touched and grateful for your support.

Looks like I'm not the only one who contacted him. :) I'm sure he loved hearing from those of you who knew him back then.

• 3 weeks later...

"And of those memories I realize Lake Erie has the most powerful and haunting presence in my mind. When I was very little . . . I would stare out over the lake form his porch, hypnotized by the enormous ships full of ore . . . . I would become absorbed in the beautiful, awesome vastness, trying to take in how something could be so enormous, and yet, I could walk down the steps from the porch and set foot in and touch the waters that were in turn touching the boats so small in the distance. So strange to be so far and still be a part of the one which my fingers could touch. As I touched the lake and thought about how in a sense, I was touching those ships as well; I was learning my first lessons of initimacy."

Lol – I can so relate to what Christian says here. With the exception of two years I've lived near Lake Erie all my life. I could practically spit in it from my front porch.

I stopped swimming in it by the time I reached thirteen – after catching so many fish with tumors I figured it wasn't safe. Anyways . . . .

Lake Erie has always served as a compass for me – it's location was/is imbedded in my mind. I've always knew what direction I was facing because I knew the Lake was always north.

The first time I moved away it took me almost five months to get my bearings. Some might wonder why I couldn't figure it out from the movement of the sun. Like I said – Lake Erie's location was embedded in my mind – in my world it meant more to me than the sun – it meant – home.

I think we all have our reference point (compass) that guides us through life. When removed from that reference point we sometimes lose our way.

I love his web site, agree he's a very talented writer, and have been in communication with him, also. It's great to see the support he has here on GSC!