GreaseSpot Cafe

RED SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

pawtucket

I think it'll be like last year. Detroit breezes through the first 2 series' and then has to wait a week before playing in the WS and comes out flat losing to a team that just won a hard fought 7 game series.

I hope not... though I don't have a personal favorite in this matchup, I hope it's as exciting as this ALCS has been... and if the Rockies have stayed hungry, as they showed for the previous MONTH, it should be better than last year.

Hey Danny, are you serious??? I guess that time you caught a fly ball when we went to your first professional baseball game in Chicago (from Rome City) must have made a fan out of you! I only remember three things about that day: Kitty's son throwing up on the bus, Walt L driving around the South Side of Chicago looking for a gas station that would accommodate a school bus, and you catching that fly ball.

Paw, please see the baseball thread in the (ahem) "Keep your eye on the ball" forum for comments on the Sox vs Indians games. Darn newbies. :lol:

I dunno... I think the REAL question is will any of you guys get to see any of the games IN PERSON (at Fenway Park or Coors Field)?

That is a real question Rocky. I have been trying to get through since they went on sale at 10 (mtn.time) I figured it was worth a try. I will see what comes up in the aftermarket, but will likely not pay more than 2x face value. BUT............ who knows? Things have worked mysteriously before to get me there.

Note- if anyone actually DOES score tiks, do not hesitate to call. I will buy what you got to offer, or pay for yours and any others you can get.

Tiks at coors are available only at http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/ticket...season_2007.jsp give it a try!

Edit: UPDATE- Tickets sales for Coors Field were suspended today at noon. 8.5 million hits crushed their website in the first hour. They SAY they will be back up and running this afternoon, but NO tickets are being sold online or at the rockies offices at this time. Several thousand tickets are available still when they DO get the system working again. If you are looking for something to do today, keep trying.

DWBH and I have a lobster vs. steak "agreement" on the winner of the World Series. Anyone else?

GAME ON! its ROCKTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~HAP

Edited by HAPe4me

Since we're talking about the Red Sox, they say there's only 7 players on this year's team that were on the '04 team. I thought of 6: Manny, Ortiz, Varitek, Schilling, Wakefield, and Timlin. Who's the 7th?

Boy, they can sure thank Youklis and Pedroia for this year's WS appearance. But I'll be surprised if Colorado still plays with the same fire that won them 21 of 22. Too many days off.

Yea Mirabelli was there and so was Kevin Youkilis...

(but he didnt play past the ALDS in '04, he may not have been on the WS roster im not sure on that....

I'll take that Lobstah vs Steak bet!

and

GAME ON! its ROCKSOXTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do I have to keep fixing that for you? :)

..Do any of you physics experts know what the knuckleball will do in Colorado?

and

Here are several hundred photos from todays Boston Globe

GAME PHOTOS

CELEBRATION

The Scene At FENWAY

Edited by mstar1

Well, its official, HAP broke the servers that run the MLB ticket sales stuff. The tickets which were to go on sale this morning at 10am STILL have not been sold. Actually, about 500 tickets did get sold before they shut down the computers. That means about 59500 tiks are still out there waiting for the computers to get back up and working. Gad, what a mess.

Everyone I know with office jobs spent the entire morning with every computer available to them refreshing the page trying to get in. 8 1/2 million hits on the ticket site in the first hour and a half, at which time they shut all sales down. ain't no system big enough to handle that traffic except maybe Google.

the current status is "We are working with the computer company to figure out how to fix this- we hope to have an announcement before your 10 o'clock news"

~HAP

I'll take that Lobstah vs Steak bet!

do I have to keep fixing that for you? :)

..Do any of you physics experts know what the knuckleball will do in Colorado?

LindaZ- I knew you have been one of the wisest posters at GS and now I know why!

Mstar1- I got you covered on the lobstah/steak "agreement"

The experience of knuckleballers in the thin air at Coors Field has been that they better have some other stuff.

HOWEVER, you made a spelling error in your "correction". I think you meant

its

SOUXTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

The experience of knuckleballers in the thin air at Coors Field has been that they better have some other stuff. It is not happening here. This is why the Rockies have brought many of their pitchers up through their own system, so they can develop the pitches needed to succeed here. By the way, tell your batters to swing away and swing for the fences. The rumors of the longball being easy here has taken down many an embarrassed home run king.

whoever was concerned about the Rockies layoff, I doubt that will be a problem. this is the World Series, every boy's dream. They are a well-coached team that is hungry and ready, and healthy. Hurdle will have them ready, without missing a beat. I look for a split at Fenway in the first two games. The rockies were not intimidated at Fenway earlier this year, and I cannot see them being anything less than ready to play there again. They know they are up against a formidable opponent in both the BoSux and Fenway, but they have faced the best in the MLB before and ended up on top anyway.

Cordially,

HAP

GO SAWX!!!!!!!!!!!.....................for us new england sports fans, it is shaping up to be a year to remember!!!!!!................sawx in da series.............pats in a league of their own, right now!................bc eagles ranked #2 in the college football bcs!...........celtics have garnett, ray allen and paul pierce and a legitimate shot at the division title this year.........heck!.....even the bruins are on top right now!!!!!..........................man, i'm in heaven!!!!!

hap............i love lobstah too.............but i'm sure those beautiful 2lb steaks you're gonna send me don't have to be shelled, right???...........LOL!

man this is fun!!!!!!!!!......................................................peace!............................BUT, GO SAWX!!!!!

nope, no shells, but do you want them with or without the bull? (not that it matters as you are the one sending to ME the those beautiful crawling blessings from the deep)

I was hoping you would ask for Rocky Mountain Oysters so we could get some eeeeeeeeewws from the ladies.

LOL!..................HAP!...................got no storeage room for the "bull"!.............but just for the eeewwwwwwwwww of it....................got any rawkie mountain oystahs?????????......................................LOL!

they are the specialty snack at Coors Field!