GreaseSpot Cafe

Guy Christmas Gifts

irisheyes

your avatar, and my 12/4 b-day, caused me to remember a really special gift I got one year...

a red silk ribbon started at my pillow and led 1)to the bath area where the EnnisFree waited, on 2)into the closet where my tam and new claddagh were, then 3)out to the kitchen countertop where the ribbon ended neatly bowed around the neck of my favorite Irish whiskey, Tullamore Dew.

A perk to that gift trek was that either way you followed it paid off :)

Slainte!

M

If he likes hunting pay for a day hunt or get him something for his range bag.

If he likes fishing get him some lures.

Get him guy DVD's and don't complain when he watchs them. I wait till the SO is gone to watch my guy movies.

XM radio is great.

If you want to buy for me. .223, 308, .45, 30-06, .257 Roberts. I prefer bulk shipments but will accept all ammo. Just 5 more days till I can walk again.

Mark: LOL :biglaugh:

Any GALS out there with some good ideas? These guys tried, but .... nothing inventive; same old same old; if I buy another tool that stays in a box I'll SCREAM. :CUSSING:

well... I'll admit that I didn't come up with the idea of "personal coupons" but I know that I'd treasure them more than "material" gifts... because I know they'd come from your heart... from YOU!

Whatever you decide, throw a couple of those in as well...

He (and you) won't be disappointed! :wink:

I bought my husband a PS2 one year. He is a gamer like me - so it's pretty easy to figure out something he'll like. Maybe I'll get him "Cooking Mama" for the Wii. It's so fun on the DS I'm sure he'll love it and it's a game we can play together.

51oZmafP2FL._SS400_.jpg

And if I'm poor sex coupons are good too. :3

Your husband? I would get him something related to his hobby.

P.S. I know - we are total dorks. XP

Edited by Nero

Hey, sex coupons are definitely a win-win! Always were in my house, anyway..... :biglaugh:

My Daddy likes good art and loves family photos, so I had a dear friend of mine photoshop an Andy Warhol-ish print (kinda like this, but better, imo) from one our family pictures. Personalized and he LOVED it!

Giving "adventures" and "memory making excursions" are always really nice - like ex70's suggested - a day hunting pass, a day trip someplace he would enjoy - I bought my little brother a sky diving adventure one year - am buying my mother yoga lessons this year...

Does he like trivia or nostalgia? I bought Daddy a book of the 100 most memorable movie scenes (or something like that) and it came with a DVD hosted by Dustin Hoffman.

I've bought some nostalgia radio shows for my grandparents from here.

I've bought things I "Never Knew Existed" for friends from here.

If you live in the right area..a hot-air balloon ride!

A telescope, a pair of binoculars, hip waders, fishing rod, tackle box...................this next one I'm not sure if a guy would appreciate it, but a very special friend got me this one year for Christmas, it was pretty cool, here's the web site to find out more about it....http://www.stardeed.com/

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

I so appreciate all the input. Seems my guy has just about everything. I'll look up some of the websites. I tried the sky diving last year, but he said it would nullify his life insurance policy. I politely rescinded. :) He's done the hot air baloon deal. We had neighbors with one. I jsut got him a case of shot gun shells. This is so frustrating. I even did the sex coupon book and (embarrassing), it's still in his nightstand. He never cashed in. Boo hoo. One other hint--he has a rebuilt 55 Ford truck that should be ready about Christmas. I already did the stereo for it, and it's in showroom condition, so I don't know what else would add to it, except perhaps some stupid floor mats. That would probably be tacky though. Any new thoughts with that info?

'55 pick-em-up, eh?

Here's an off the wall suggestion.

Get him a model of that truck.

You know, the kind guys used to build way back when.

The kind you build when you are too old for toys but too broke to buy a really nice car, or pick-em-up, as the case may be.

Get him paint that closely matches the paint on the real thing.

Ditto on the fuzzy dice.(Real ones for the truck and matching miniatures for the model.)

This way he can continue to build his "dream truck" even after he is done building his "dream truck".

A long time ago, I tried this with a model of my real car which had T-Tops.

It was a challenge trying to cut and fashion those mini-Tees.

The real car had racing wheels so, of course, I searched high and low for something that kinda matched.

I even found some fabric that approximated the real interior and customized the seats.

Now, keep in mind that you can't just use a swath of the authentic fabric because it will lose its scaled ratio.

Old owner's manuals and advertising promotions for that vehicle are cool too but not always inexpensive and often hard to find.

Then again, a nice bottle of Cognac brandy, V.S.O.P.(Very Superior, Old and Pale) is a gift you can enjoy together.

Come on, men! We want to get you something... we want it to be something you'd like.... we ARE going to get you something... so how about an answer other than "nothing"???

That way you get something you would like to have and we are happy to get it for you. You know? A Win-Win situation?

Cause you're gonna get something so it might as well be something you'd use, like or enjoy.