GreaseSpot Cafe

Scientology

TheInvisibleDan

There's a new, unauthorized biography of Tom Cruise by Andrew Morton, who wrote "Diana: Her True Story". It just appeared at the membership warehouse where I work part time. I haven't read it but it looks at a glance like kind of an expose'.

Ironically, while I was on break yesterday, I fell into a conversation with two women about him, his "religion" and cults in general. I didn't reveal my past association, but was able to speak about cults in general with a bit of authority! :biglaugh:

WG

Clearly passionate about Scientology, but what exactly does he believe or his belief achieve except to "wanna help" in some vague undefined way? Looks just like some almighty ego kick to me, "I have the answers".

When is the next bus outta here? To anywhere?

"Putting my ethics ruthlessly on others" .... Ie., shoving his beliefs down others throats, whether they like it or not.

WTF?? :unsure: Excuse me??? Who in the hell does this self-centered prick think he is? And as tho' Scientology gives him that right?

One upside of this tho', is the internet. Where all the crap about Scientology is, or will be, open for all to see, ... and their is nothing that Cruise's group can do to stop it.

:spy:

"Putting my ethics ruthlessly on others" .... Ie., shoving his beliefs down others throats, whether they like it or not.

WTF?? :unsure: Excuse me??? Who in the hell does this self-centered prick think he is? And as tho' Scientology gives him that right?

One upside of this tho', is the internet. Where all the crap about Scientology is, or will be, open for all to see, ... and their is nothing that Cruise's group can do to stop it.

:spy:

my understanding is that group took over one of the major cult awareness information sources so people looking for legitimate cult info get to talk to scientologists instead. my info is a couple of years old now, so I don't know what's going on currently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

While I don't put perfect faith into wikipedia it is usually not a bad place to start. I was pretty shocked at what I saw there about the founder of scientology. Take a look and you will see some remarkable parallels.

Recently heard that Will Smith is into this now.

Bummer. Liked his acting....

Ironically, while I was on break yesterday, I fell into a conversation with two women about him, his "religion" and cults in general. I didn't reveal my past association, but was able to speak about cults in general with a bit of authority!

ha ! the whole reason we were talking about it at work (and searching for the video) was because they wanted to ask me what i thought about cruise's cult compared to mine !!!!!

--

i know i read the dianetics book a long time ago and thought WTF ?

I think cruse would have been as badly behaved if he were in twi..

generally speaking I think these "celebrity" types can pretty much do WHATEVER they want in one of these kinda organizations..

maybe they own him like he owns them. I wonder how many of his "mistakes" in life they know where are buried..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

please do tell !!!!

Sure what do want to know? I can tell you this I got involved in it 1986 and left in 1988 That was before the internet became so main stream and before the Time magazine story about noah lottic jumped out the window and killed himself because they took all his money. If I knew then what I know now I would not have gotten involved. I am sure all of you ex-wayers will say that about the TWI.I knew some of the staff members there.The president of scientology david miscavie went down there and a lot of head rolled after that happened. I can tell you one thing. The radical form of islam the 7th century version I mean thinks the whole world will convert to islam. Then the early version of mormons believed that the united states will fall apart and and mormon will take over and save it. Then there is scientology thinks that one day they will take over the world. Well they all can't be right?

I just watched that video, or at least 7 minutes of it, couldn't finish it, I was gagging, just today on a blog forum in my area.

The truly scary thing is how it is already, at least snatches of it, infiltrating into the Christian churches and being hailed from the pulpit. Oh, not

under the name of Scientology, but under the guise of Christianity. A church I had attended began to preach some things that made me

uncomfortable, but couldn't put my finger directly on the problem....then one day, after I had already left for other reasons, I opened up

my book on "cults" and the page "just happened" (more like HS led) to open up to L. Ron Hubbard and Dianetics. When I began to read about

the CSI, all I could exclaim was OMG...that's what ??? was preaching.

I just watched that video, or at least 7 minutes of it, couldn't finish it, I was gagging, just today on a blog forum in my area.

The truly scary thing is how it is already, at least snatches of it, infiltrating into the Christian churches and being hailed from the pulpit. Oh, not

under the name of Scientology, but under the guise of Christianity. A church I had attended began to preach some things that made me

uncomfortable, but couldn't put my finger directly on the problem....then one day, after I had already left for other reasons, I opened up

my book on "cults" and the page "just happened" (more like HS led) to open up to L. Ron Hubbard and Dianetics. When I began to read about

the CSI, all I could exclaim was OMG...that's what ??? was preaching.

What was it that disturbed you about the video? What christian churches are you talking about? I know all the code words they use. Can you tell me what book you read? Like to read it.

What was it that disturbed you about the video? What christian churches are you talking about? I know all the code words they use. Can you tell me what book you read? Like to read it.

Well, first of all, I don't like Tommy boy, even as an actor. On the video, he was all smiles, but if you really listen to what

he is saying, he is saying absolutely nothing. "I mean...you have to do something!" " I mean...you have to do something...it's only me....and if

I don't do something....no one else will." REALLY???? What clued you in, Tommy???? OMG...even it's just throwing some coins in the red kettle

of the Salvation Army...DO SOMETHING!

What churches? It was an independent charismatic church.

The book is: Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult. Mather, George A., and Larry A. Nichols. Zondervan Publishing House. 1993.

There is probably an updated edition by now, so check into that one as well. This book even has TWI in it and I thought that was a hoot.