GreaseSpot Cafe

wake up

man

On the suggestion of Twinky, here goes ...

I had over a quarter century in The Way. I have been a TC, a BC, and been on staff. One fine day about a year ago, I woke up. Now, my feeling is that religion, christianity in particular, is nothing but a social method of controlling people. I can't stress enough the increase in quality my life has seen since waking up. I get to keep 12% of my income I would normally be ABSing, I get to have may hours per week to do with as I choose, my marriage is 100% better, nobody is telling me to seek "wise council" on things I know damn well enough to make a decision on myself, and I'm not being pressured to sell the class. In short, I am now my own person, and not subject to a controlling organization.

Here we go ... oh followers of the irony machine ... How is it that your god gives you freedom of will, yet all aspects of your life are controlled? Answer? You have not awakened to the truth. Just as McDonalds is not good for your body, christianity is not good for your spirit. Now I'll sit here and sip on my tequila, and wait for responses.

Welcome to the cafe, man, I don't believe we have met before. Mind if I have a seat at your table?

My response to your post is that I don't think our former religion is indicative of anything remotely Christian. I would be hesitant to judge a "religion" that a billion people on the planet embrace, through cult colored glasses.

Frappacino?

Welcome to the Cafe, Man.

Now, my feeling is that religion, christianity in particular, is nothing but a social method of controlling people.

I *kinda* agree. But I think that's the real purpose of all religions..

I think that "Christianity" may just be a little more subtle and refined at some points, and perhaps more aggressive and coercive at others than other religions.

They don't enforce rules by cutting off hands, public hangings (at least anymore) and the like.. but seems they are fond of putting people out of the camp where debils supposedly rule. Over rather insignificant matters too. That is kinda barbaric.

As far as freedom of will is concerned.. I think we made a few "agreements" with "them" before we were born..

:)

Hey, Man!!

HaHa!

I remember saying that a lot back in the '60s.

My Dad always hated that expression.

That's probably why I used it so much. :wink2:

Before I got involved with TWI, I had a strong belief that God would talk to you "where you're at".

For me that meant He could "talk" to me through a sunrise ,or a chill in the air, or words to a poem, or the rhythm of a popular song, or the smell of peanuts roasting as I stepped off the bus downtown.

TWI took God and put Him in some kind of display box for me that could only be viewed with a secret code that unlocked the box if I could manage to decode the secret Greek words.

How dumb was that?

Yeah, It's kinda like figuring out that 2+2=4, all by myself, and then believing some knuckhead who comes along and says, "No it doesn't!!"

:asdf:

I still believe there is a God.

Not sure if His actual name is really that important.

I just know that after almost 20 years out of TWI I'm just now beginning to see His presence around me again.

I think a lot of what escaped the minions of TWI was the deliberate symbolism that they insisted was literal even though they claimed to understand figurative language.

HaHaHaHa!

I think they believed the literal stuff was figurative and the figurative stuff was literal.

Literally!!--(in a figurative sense.)

But, hey!----It's all according to current usage, dontcha know?

Anyhow, looking forward to your future posts

waysider

God first

Beloved Man

God loves you my dear friend

Welcome to the board glad to have you here

On the suggestion of Twinky, here goes ...

I had over a quarter century in The Way. I have been a TC, a BC, and been on staff.

so you spend your time lock up under the cult of self righeous men who control you like a robot I have been there too

One fine day about a year ago, I woke up.

I am glad you woke up to see the way for what it is but that does not make christianity wrong just the labels man have added to them

Now, my feeling is that religion, christianity in particular, is nothing but a social method of controlling people.

it never was about religion but about fellowship between you and God and his son

I can't stress enough the increase in quality my life has seen since waking up. I get to keep 12% of my income I would normally be ABSing,

ABSing was a lie to get your money the tithe die with the law

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

the tithe is least of the law then there is Hebrews chapter 7 were the tithe is called carnal commandment in verse 16

I get to have may hours per week to do with as I choose, my marriage is 100% better, nobody is telling me to seek "wise council" on things I know damn well enough to make a decision on myself,

God all ways wanted you to make your own decisions

and I'm not being pressured to sell the class. In short, I am now my own person, and not subject to a controlling organization.

it was wrong to sale the class and against the word of God see Acts 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

if it can not be purchased with money then it can not be sold for money -- the class was and is a way to lead people into the power of holy spirit just like laying on hands to help people believe teaching then conforts their believe in the same way it builds trust

Here we go ... oh followers of the irony machine ... How is it that your god gives you freedom of will, yet all aspects of your life are controlled?

my life is not control Christ guides me I desided whether to follower or not

Answer? You have not awakened to the truth.

The truth is a very big subject my friend and yes I am awake

Just as McDonalds is not good for your body,

McDonalds is not bad for my body it just a fastfood with some good healthy food and some not

christianity is not good for your spirit.

what good for my spirit is fellowshiping with other spirits

Now I'll sit here and sip on my tequila, and wait for responses.

ok here one is my friend while I wait for you too reply to me

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Now, my feeling is that religion ... is nothing but a social method of controlling people.

Agreed.

Yet, I find that I believe in "spirituality"... I'm not sure how to define it, it has no rules at all... but it has to do with a sense of your time on this earth being about more than just what you can get out of it, but learning how to get and give at the same time (cuz I also don't believe in the other extreme of giving until it hurts) So, if you find your spirituality in a religious group, that's fine as long as helps you become a better person as defined above. Some people manage to do that, even in the context of the most confining of religions. Some people manage to do it as free-agents. It no longer matters to me how you achieve it... I am far more interested in the end result.