GreaseSpot Cafe

Utmost respect

jeast

The word tough is somewhat like the word religious. I used to think I was tough, then I witnessed my wife giving birth. I used to be religious then I was given the free gift of eternal life. Shoot it ain't no fun being religious if you can't brag.

I have the utmost respect for all of you who did your best to walk the walk. I was planning on going WOW but I was not man enough to disregard my wifes and kids needs. Some people call it PW. Thank God! It ain't cause I was smart.

After what I have heard I am one of the lucky ones. Guys like me would go to twig and cherry pick, benefiting from all the experiences of those of you who were on the front lines.

I don't agree with those who sit back and then criticize when someone gets weary of the fight. To all of you who have made the big mistake, In my humble opinion it was because you had a bigger heart and you laid it on the line. Some may not recognize it but there are some of us who are forever grateful. Tough? It sounds to me that even though some of you have be wounded you still have quite a bit of fight in you. Now that's tough.

Bring me a decaf please.

SNIP

I was planning on going WOW but I was not man enough to disregard my wifes and kids needs.

SNIP

What?!!!!

You think putting your wife and kids ahead of selling PLAF (The Miracle Class) makes you LESS of a man?

I politely disagree with you, sir, and salute your integrity.

"I was planning on going WOW but I was not man enough to disregard my wifes and kids needs."

I suggest you re-think this evaluation of yourself. Your family comes first, IMO. No cult's program is worth doing if your family needs you...

I appreciate that but I was only being honest.

I hope this makes sense,

At the time it was at least partly because I did not do what I thought I needed to do. In that respect I buckled.

Later on I came to understand what God really wanted me to do included doing my best to raise my family in His love.

I am humbled because as much as I kept ignoring God's guidance somehow I stumbled into a pot of gold.

Look at me now I am dining with a bunch of high rollers. Just teasing.

I don't agree with those who sit back and then criticize when someone gets weary of the fight. To all of you who have made the big mistake, In my humble opinion it was because you had a bigger heart and you laid it on the line. Some may not recognize it but there are some of us who are forever grateful. Tough? It sounds to me that even though some of you have be wounded you still have quite a bit of fight in you. Now that's tough.

Some of us have so much fight left in us that we eat thunder and crap lightning... :)

Joe -- you made the right choice. Absolutely.

Mary and I never had kids. Our *family* happened to be our individual hobbies.

She had her weaving, crocheting, embroidery, knitting, spinning, tatting lace, etc.,

and I had my (multitude of) stringed instruments. And we went WOW.

Our hobbies didn't suffer as a family of REAL people would have.

You chose wisely. :)

First off I must address the eating thunder and crapping lighting issue. Does that fall into the realm of signs and wonders?

I agree that it was the best choice for me and the last thing I want to do is come across as being pious.

The motive behind the post was to bring to light something that I thought was being overlooked.

Back in the day, I was inspired by those of you who made that commitment.

I am even more inspired now that I have found out what some of you went through.

I was also (in a kind way) responding to those who were being critical.

I have heard it is easier to be critical than it is to be right.

Thanks for letting me come along for the ride.

Some how I missed seeing thunder on the GSC menu.

Edited by jeast

I have heard it is easier to be critical than it is to be right.

Thanks for letting me come along for the ride.

Buddy you can hitch a ride in my WOW mobile anytime!

But I really do agree with my fellow spotters who have already responded...family first. God would never expect anyone to place their own family in second place to something like a WOW program. And that is taking it at face value without the added MOG/cult problem behind it.

As far as the thunder and lightning...not all of us can manage that amount of spit and vinegar...me I just swim in circles and bite off peoples legs. :biglaugh:

Some of us have so much fight left in us that we eat thunder and crap lightning... :)

Not that the cooking's bad. Just that the chili just goes in one end and explodes out the other. :biglaugh:

Donkey shame, That's Wayne Newton speak for Thanks!

I really have missed this.

I must have been hanging around the wrong crowd for the last few years.

I live pretty much in the sticks and from my back porch there is a long hillside.

Sometimes I can see the sunlight as it washes across the trees on the ridge and I just soak it in because I know it will only last for a short time.

At the same time I think of things that are precious to me and I hope never to take them for granted.

Years ago I wrote a song which was a tribute of sorts to the things I hold dear.

One of the lines was,

The crystal mist and sunlight that gives the rainbow life can disappear within a mere twinkling of an eye.

I don't want to miss out on a thing!

I do not know the timeframe of this decision but from possibly every perspective biblically, morally, emotionally and just bloody common sense, your decision to stay put was the Right One. I cannot fathom anyone or anything from the true God to attempt, suggest or convince otherwise.

After six months in college, I considered going WOW and forsake the college education my parents prepared for me since birth. At that time the WOW program was new and the excitement of witnessing and studying the Bible fulltime promised to be an adventure to my youthful ideals. I went to the local TWI leadership as a sounding board and for advice regarding this major decision. Should I commit my life to God as a WOW Ambassador or continue my college education? After some discussion and prayer, I was advised to stay in school since many did not have the opportunity I had with a prepaid college education. If I did not like my current major, then change majors; if I did not like my current school, then change schools. I was further warned that if I decided to quit school and go WOW, my parents would be greatly disappointed and be bitter toward the Word for the rest of my life. I stayed in school and later participated in the College WOW program which was one of the greatest experiences of my life. To this day, I fondly remember my college experience which include sharing God's Word, living with other Christian college students, witnessing God's healing power and enjoying a great relationship with my parents. I remember recounting this milestone with Dr. Wierwille years later in the Clubhouse and he agreed it was the right decision. We laughed together that it appeared as a major dilemma because my youthful impatience. There are moments in our lives when a major decision involves multiple factors to consider which attempt to tug us in different directions. I always believe and if you can step back and approach a decision with prayful consideration, and sometimes simple common sense, you will arrive at the best conclusion. IMHO, there is no comparison between your family's well-being and your absence in a program for a year. Enjoy.

I am forever thankful,

I am so glad that it all worked out for you So_Cal1.

But my emphasis was meant to be on those who did something and not on me who did nothing.

Please understand I am not beating up on myself but many of us are benefiting from something others have lived through.

Just wanted to make it known that they are not taken for granted.

I am forever thankful,

I am so glad that it all worked out for you So_Cal1.

But my emphasis was meant to be on those who did something and not on me who did nothing.

Please understand I am not beating up on myself but many of us are benefiting from something others have lived through.

Just wanted to make it known that they are not taken for granted.

You did something noteworthy. You stayed home.

First off I must address the eating thunder and crapping lighting issue. Does that fall into the realm of signs and wonders?

Some how I missed seeing thunder on the GSC menu.

Signs and wonders?...Naw...more like, human traits...and if you look at the back page of the menu, at the very bottom, it says "Thunder pie"...my advice is to chew slowly and savor the taste.