GreaseSpot Cafe

how many times can a man turn his head,

copenhagen

This topic is for a few posters here that sing the same old tune.

This is not a personal attack on anyone, just saying what I am seeing

over and over again.

My point of view is I am still in the way. More to the point stuck in the way.

That is not up for discussion. As some may say no one is holding a gun to

your head so just leave. They do not have a gun they have power over my

family. If they say, my family obeys. No questions asked. So it my not

be a gun but the have weapons of a so called spirtiual nature.

Now that I have said that, I will also say the way has not changed, they

might appear nice but cross them and find out. I have seen it 15 times

in the last 5 years. THey still want your time, money and to tell you what to do.

Your good old days of the way and vp are gone.

If you honestly look at those days and all the good fruit in your life

IT WAS FROM GOD NOT THE WAY.

GOD CAN WORK IN THOSE THAT LOVE HIM, DESPITE THE WAY AND VP.

VP MAY OF TAUGHT YOU THE WORD BUT IT WAS NOT HIS, IT WAS GODS.

VP and company did a lot of bad things to GODS KIDS, your brother's and sisters.

I have an uncle in jail and he used to be great and everyone loved him..

He was always thoughtful and caring and gave everyone money that needed it.

He was also a bank robber. Do his good deeds out weigh his crimes?

My point of view he was a great guy when I was 12 then I grew up and saw him for what he really was,

a thief who stole from others. He also hurt people.

He oved being the big shot and the center of attetion.

But he is still a thief. Some family still think he is great, but he is still a criminal.

He was great to the family but hurt others and robbed banks with a gun.

VP hurt people period. He abused his power as a man of the cloth.

He may of taught the bible, his accuracy and where he got it is up for discussion.

For that he one day will answer. He was not perfect and knew better.

On his death bed he wished he was the man he knew to be.

Like my uncle he never thought he would get caught, but in the end we all answer

we all pay.

to quote an old Bob Dylan song

How many roads must a man walk down

Before you call him a man?

Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail

Before she sleeps in the sand?

Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly

Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many times must a man look up

Before he can see the sky?

Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have

Before he can hear people cry?

Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows

That too many people have died?

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many years can a mountain exist

Before it's washed to the sea?

Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist

Before they're allowed to be free?

Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,

Pretending he just doesn't see?

The answer is blowin' in the wind

People can keep turning their head and pretending they dont see.

copenhagen

P.S this is not an attack on anyone but if the shoe fits.

I have an uncle in jail and he used to be great and everyone loved him..

He was always thoughtful and caring and gave everyone money that needed it.

He was also a bank robber. Do his good deeds out weigh his crimes?

My point of view is that he was a great guy when I was 12 then I grew up and saw him for what he really was,

a thief who stole from others. He also hurt people.

He loved being the big shot and the center of attention. But he is still a thief.

Some family still think he is great, but he is still a criminal.

Just an EXCELLENT analogy!!!

Dear Copenhagen,

I've gotta respect that you are in TWI, it's your walk after all.

I also like how you do not seem to have your blinders on as far as the abuse goes.

I wish you all the best and God Bless.

I am only suprised they have not "snuffed" you out yet.If they find out you are posting on greasespot they will..It is only a matter of time..

I wish you well,I personally could not stay in twi,They did too much of a "number" on me at the end...

I still see the twis around town ,and ,yes,they are civil.

I DO NOT HATE ANYONE IN THE LOCAL AREA,IT IS JUST THAT i HAVE HAD MY FILL OF THEM.

"Your good old days of the way and vp are gone.

If you honestly look at those days and all the good fruit in your life

IT WAS FROM GOD NOT THE WAY.

GOD CAN WORK IN THOSE THAT LOVE HIM, DESPITE THE WAY AND VP.

VP MAY OF TAUGHT YOU THE WORD BUT IT WAS NOT HIS, IT WAS GODS."

Bulls-eye!

I may have very well been one of those who could have been perceived as a sympathizer. That is not the case.

The Word that I did learn during that time has had a profound affect on my life. In my case it was for the better.

Now that I look back at some of my first GSC encounters I believe I felt like something that worked so well for me all these years was being threatened.

Some of it was that I did not and to some extent still do not know the whole story and therefore did not understand why some appeared to be so vengeful.

And on the other hand I may have been misunderstood at times. (I don't see how since I have such a way with words) Ha!

But I am glad I hung around long enough to hear from those of you who were willing to tell your first hand experiences.

I am still listening, learning and hopefully a little wiser.

As I honestly look at those days and all the good fruit in my life I realize that it is not just confined to the good old days. Reading your post tells me that there is more good fruit to come.

You are right God can work in those that love Him, despite the way and vp.

I appreciate your honesty.

Copenhagen,

How well I remember that control. In TWI it was done through my husband. The men had the power and we women were barely worthy of the crumbs on the dirt floor. I was reminded everyday that he (my husband) was the man of Gawd(!!!) and I was to be submissive. If I wasn't I was posessed, or out of fellowship or tricked. I remember the verbage.

You are right....it is God's Word. And we are Family. You are in my heart and prayers.

Blessings,

Kimberly

Copenhagen,

How well I remember that control. In TWI it was done through my husband. The men had the power and we women were barely worthy of the crumbs on the dirt floor. I was reminded everyday that he (my husband) was the man of Gawd(!!!) and I was to be submissive. If I wasn't I was posessed, or out of fellowship or tricked. I remember the verbage.

You are right....it is God's Word. And we are Family. You are in my heart and prayers.

Blessings,

Kimberly

Yours was done through your husband.Mine through my wife,She reinvolved herself in twi

again,then kept after me,that period was the worst of my life.I thought I would lose my wife and family,Finally enough was enough...

Fear,twi greatest asset,keep em in control,keep em in line...

Copenhagen,I did not mean to sound harsh,bide your time,look for an out,God will make a way,sometimes it is not twis way.

Be strong,leaving twi has been done thousands of times....

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Also for the empathy.

Some things just p-me off and this is one.

It seems that this post got a few looks, I was wanting

a few people who are VP loyalist's to reply.

O well.

copenhagen

Well, Copenhagen now that you mention the word loyalist I must say that I am to a degree. Not to vp, though. But to that season in my life. Despite all the control I did learn how to research the Word for myself. I did learn about the Mystery. Growing up in a Southern Baptist home I never knew that. I never knew about the Body of Christ.

The greatest part of my loyalty lives in the 30 plus years I have with those friendships that were formed from those days. We are bound together. It is the living Truth of the Word that holds us together. For that one little simple blessing I would never change my days in TWI.

I am only suprised they have not "snuffed" you out yet.If they find out you are posting on greasespot they will..It is only a matter of time..

I wish you well,I personally could not stay in twi,They did too much of a "number" on me at the end...

I still see the twis around town ,and ,yes,they are civil.

I DO NOT HATE ANYONE IN THE LOCAL AREA,IT IS JUST THAT i HAVE HAD MY FILL OF THEM.

no they ain't gonna snuff him out , dont get him all worked up, i go to twi fellowships and i post here and maybe i'll post over there too (or maybe i'll turn into a post and hold up a sign or post tostee !!!) and i'v told some about grease spot ( hay! whats this greasespot doing in the bottom of my coffee cup ?!!!) and they dont care and i wouldnt care if they did care cause its nun of any bodys business but mine. by the way i had a guy on my construction crew that did snuff and he was always making a mess on the floor with that snuff, as far as post tostee goes i prefer frosted blueberry POPTARTS covered with butter and then microwave until melted serve with glass of milk eat 8 at once, and that is probably what warped my fragile wittle mind, take care ,jeff p.s brown sugar and cinnamon frosted pop tarts are just as good!

THere is a time to stay for family. Family to me is important and I will put up with a lot for family.

Now to answer the question. Its called the straw that broke the camels back. There will come a time when nothing is worth staying. Leave and keep all the lines of comumication open. Time heals hurts.

Good luck and I'll be praying.

Your leaving could bring the rest of your family to the point where they leave also.

Prayer answers all questions. Only what you hear from God. Not what someone else said God said to them.

Kimberly

I can say I learned alot in the way.

All the self confidence, life lessons and love seem

to stem from the way. I love the people they

are great for the most part. My loyality is to God and

His word. I think you feel the same way.

Oak don't hold your breath, shiftthis has blinders on and

his time will come.

His real test will be the next big advance or word in buss

when he opens his mouth about the cafe and the friends he made

or found. We will see how fast he is thrown out.

I do have my opnions of someone who says the go to

TWIG in the year 2008. Say twig where I live and it turns in to

lets talk after fellowship in the back room.

copenhagen

hmmmm.... interesting copenhagen...

back in 1997 (my last year in twi, 2nd stint), a new class came out to replace pfal...

i don't remember the name of the class, but i remember referring to it with a shorter appellation over the phone with the branch coordinator, and he just about had a cow that i didn't say all the words in the title of the class...

talk about legalism, or nit-picking, or frustrating the grace of God, etc. etc.

i can see how the term "twig" wouldn't go over too well...

peace,

jen-o

a new class came out to replace pfal... i don't remember the name of the class, but i remember referring to it with a shorter appellation over the phone with the branch coordinator, and he just about had a cow that i didn't say all the words in the title of the class...

Well.... that's because the class was called "The Way of Abundance and Power" and the acronym was "WAP" and apparently it didn't occur to them until after the fact that this sounded like a really stupid class name. (Like PFAL was 'cool'???)

I heard SEVERAL folks, starting with the big mog himself, make a MAJOR deal about not calling it "The WAP Class" --- hahahahaha, I still find that name funny today.

Do you remember how, when the auditorium was being built, it was not acceptable to abbreviate the name?

Geeze! Talk about a red flag!

Yes, I remember that, waysider.

That's funny, now.

Let's see...how old was I then?

30 something?

It's hard to belive I was ever involved, lol :biglaugh:

Okey dokey, I am new around here. So, that is why I ask this. Someone is kicked out of TWI because they post on GSP.

How does TWI find out someone posts here?

Hi, Kimberly

The Way has people whose job it is to monitor GSC and compile information that will allow them to identify various posters.

They are laughingly referred to as the "WayGB". (A play on words referencing the Soviet KGB)

I'm sure by now they know who I am, even though I was a basic "nobody" during my time in the organization.

I did know some of the "old-timers", though, and that is why I make that statement.

If you would like a bit of insight on the process, go to the home page, find the main menu, to the left, and click on radio. Once you are there, go to page 2 where you will find episode #2 called Conversations with Belle. Part of what is discussed is how she interacted with the WayGB as she was in the process of leaving The Way.

(short cut)

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/radio/...with-belle.html

It's good listening for anyone, really.

I hope that information is helpful.

Edited by waysider