GreaseSpot Cafe

Halloween

waysider

What are the kiddies (or Grand-kiddies) dressing up as this year?

Any cool decorations or parties planned?

Pix?

p.s.

There was a thread like this last year but I can't seem to find it now.

Kristopher is going as Spiderman and Andreas is going as Thomas the Tank Engine. Andreas is already wearing his costume every day but he's the kind of kid who loves to play dress up.

We decorated a couple of days ago - I'll try to post some pics later today.

Snow??? Where do you live?

Instead of a scythe, does the grim reaper have a hot air gun, being as it's obviously cold where you live? To "reap" the snowmen?

My oldest grandson (5 yrs) will be Iron Man. Since his brother (almost 3) has wavy, blond hair, I'm pushing for Thor, but we'll see.

George

I can just see it now.

3 year old: "I'm Thor."

Adult: "I'm sorry. How did you hurt yourself?"

:biglaugh:

Edited by waysider

We are 5 minutes from Lake Superior, this time of year its hit or miss but not likely to stick for a month if it happens. Shes playing games no frost yet so we are all worried whats in store for us. Halloween costumes must be ready for layers and the grim reaper will be fully covered under that cape.

If there are snowmen I might cry.

Edited by so it was

This is a very sad trick or treat year for us. Actually, it has been for us the last couple of years. The babies in the neighborhood have grown up together. We parents would get together and make a party of taking our children trick or treating together. Gosh, a mighty, that was fun. We had just as much fun as the children. In our neighborhood there are 12 children that are my sons age. They all went to the same pre-school, elementary school, junior high and now high school together. We parents have been very close since they were babies. Amazing, the children still prefer each others company, right here in our neighborhood.

Now we don't have any babies to take trick or treating. We still have a party for them but it is not the same as when they were babies and they dressed up so cute and they were so little and sweet and innocent.

Aaaahhh, our babies....

Can't decide which Doctor's costume to wear. Now will it be the long scarf, the cricketeer, the wool coat, or the combination stripes/plaid with polka dot tie, or the tuxedo/smoking jacket? and which companion(female), Susan, Barbara, Dodo, Vicky, Polly, Zoe, Liz Shaw, Jo, Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana(I or II), Nyssa, Tegan, Peri, Melannie, Ace, Rose, Martha, Donna, or Astrid? You do know I am on hiatus on BBC? Or should I do Dark Shadows this year? decisions, decisions.

My daughter is too young to go out much, but we may take her out for her first time this year (then give away all the candy.)

For me, I really enjoy Halloween now. It was the holiday most hated by TWI, where we were supposed to hide in our house with the lights out so our friends and neighbors wouldn't come knock on our doors to get candy. So now that I'm out, I don't mind all the ghosts, monsters, witches, vampires, etc. I see it as a day for fun, not as a day of promoting "the adversary."

Thomas, you have to take Donna Noble!
So Catherine Tate, eh? The Tardis is big enough, so maybe all of them, whoops the devil spirit of the the Vicmeister. Need Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural to exorcise that nasty demon. :unsure: :blink:

Andrew (the eternal instigator) has about 20 kids from his local school dressing in Guy Fawkes costumes. Evidently, that movie, "V for Vendetta" captured his imagination. They aren't going to get candy but have boom boxes playing the "1812" overture, and I guess just walk around.

It should be interesting.

i think i will go as corn filed vic and visit all ex wafers in the area!!!

that will scare them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That gave me an idea. We should rewrite "A Christmas Carol" to be "A TWI Carol" wherea devout TWI follower is met by three devil spirits who try to make him stand in the household in the promised land of the prevailing word operating all nine all the time. VPW is the devil spirit of TWI past, LCM is the devil spirit of TWI present, and Rivenbark is the devil spirit of TWI future. Instead of helping Tiny Tim, he will help his own, emaciated brain.

The Way never dampened my spirit on Halloween...it was a day for everybody or anybody to dress up.

Once, there was a "believer" costume party...now you must understand that the bulk of the folks I hung around with then were wonderful, but some (truth be told) were still as thick as a brick.

Supposed to be bible characters...so imagine my surprise when I got to the party, knocked on the door, invited in, but looked at with some kind of dismay, for I was wearing a habit. The guy said, we were "supposed" to be characters from the b-i-b-le, not c-a-t-h-o-l-i-c-s...lol.

Silly white man. I then reproved him by telling him I was, in fact, the prophet Joshua's mom...

I still don't think he got it...lol

Joshua 1:1

The Way never dampened my spirit on Halloween...it was a day for everybody or anybody to dress up.

Once, there was a "believer" costume party...now you must understand that the bulk of the folks I hung around with then were wonderful, but some (truth be told) were still as thick as a brick.

Supposed to be bible characters...so imagine my surprise when I got to the party, knocked on the door, invited in, but looked at with some kind of dismay, for I was wearing a habit. The guy said, we were "supposed" to be characters from the b-i-b-le, not c-a-t-h-o-l-i-c-s...lol.

Silly white man. I then reproved him by telling him I was, in fact, the prophet Joshua's mom...

I still don't think he got it...lol

Joshua 1:1

---The Lord spake unto Joshua, the son of Nun----

:biglaugh:

You should have told him it was OK to ask a few questions but not to get in the habit. :wink2:

Edited by waysider