GreaseSpot Cafe

Vote.... Vote... Vote

pawtucket

For goodness sake get rid of Bush wannabes.

I will go with Paw on this one. If there is a reason someone finds it difficult to make it to vote, ask for help, even if it is at the last minute. And as Paw said, either way. And yes, there are people who will help without having to know which picks you will make in there.

A fun thing is to be able to vote for someone you know well. My oldest son's favorite teacher of all time(now retired) is running for the state legislature, and of course I voted for him. And you have to think that a race in one legislative district in South Dakota, a close race percentage wise could be decided by a very few votes, whereas in a national race, a one percent victory margin could be, what, half a million to a million votes? Anyway, it is not of the realm to think that my vote could really make a difference.

On the other hand, I think there is more involved here than that, like in the case of the presidential race if your state is a lock for one candidate or the other. I really do think it is important to be heard. Is it strange to get excited at a vote total of, say, 98.306 and think how that would only be 98, 305 without my vote?

From what I've been hearing if Obama wins either Fla or Ohio...it's over.

Joe Scarborough at Huffington Post

Florida resident Joe Scarborough talked about Barack Obama's incredible get-out-the-vote initiatives in his home state, replicated nationwide, with David Gregory on election night at 5:30 pm. Quoting a top Republican official in Florida he spoke with last Friday, Scarborough said, "Forget about it. The race is over. Barack Obama won it and he won it early." He added that Obama's 7-week campaign to get-out-the-vote buried any attempts by McCain to win with a 1976-style 72-hour effort.

---

Obviously, that's not any kind of official declaration, but it probably won't be long before it becomes official.

A fun thing is to be able to vote for someone you know well. My oldest son's favorite teacher of all time(now retired) is running for the state legislature, and of course I voted for him. And you have to think that a race in one legislative district in South Dakota, a close race percentage wise could be decided by a very few votes, whereas in a national race, a one percent victory margin could be, what, half a million to a million votes? Anyway, it is not of the realm to think that my vote could really make a difference.

On the other hand, I think there is more involved here than that, like in the case of the presidential race if your state is a lock for one candidate or the other. I really do think it is important to be heard. Is it strange to get excited at a vote total of, say, 98.306 and think how that would only be 98, 305 without my vote?

I concur.

Wait a minute...I can't vote three times? :huh:

I took a philosophy class as an elective in college many years ago. We had an exercise in legislative voting, and I was one of the few the instructor gave two votes to because my self description turned out to be (in that class) in the minority, so he was trying to make it so neither side would have a walkover. It wasnt that complicated; we described ourselves as liberal, moderate, or conservative, and democrat, republican, or independent.

Sure you can just register from any park bench, amazing what people will do to steal an election.

registering people and getting them to the polls and legally seeing their vote is counted is NOT stealing an election. Stealing an election is perhaps more likely what we saw to get Bush elected twice, if you really want to go there.

Enjoy your evening, I certainly am.

~HAP

registering people and getting them to the polls and legally seeing their vote is counted is NOT stealing an election. Stealing an election is perhaps more likely what we saw to get Bush elected twice, if you really want to go there.

~HAP

:jump:

:dance::dance::dance:

~HAP

Of course it is . It's the first step to voter fraud and ridicules concessions made in this election to buy and steal an election in any way possible. If that fails there is always the Black( Nightstick Panthers) to get the job done.

fireworks.gif

You forgot his real name didn't you .

Barak Hussain Obama

Of course it is . It's the first step to voter fraud and ridicules concessions made in this election to buy and steal an election in any way possible. If that fails there is always the Black( Nightstick Panthers) to get the job done.

You forgot his real name didn't you .

Barak Hussain Obama

I did not... but YOU misspelled two out of three of them... :rolleyes:

You could take a lesson in graciousness from Sen. McCain.

I did not... but YOU misspelled two out of three of them... :rolleyes:

You could take a lesson in graciousness from Sen. McCain.

Barack Hussein Obama

There all better, no matter how you spell his name it won't change who he is.

Hhmmmm, ... next thing Whitedove will be wanting is *proof* that Obama was elected.

;)

Naw I only ask for proof for things that have no documentable evidence attached, when claims that something is true are made.

Barack Hussein Obama

There all better, no matter how you spell his name it won't change who he is.

No, it won't change who he is... nor will it change who he is NOT.

Two words for you: COPING and STRATEGY... it's going to be just fine, even for you.