GreaseSpot Cafe

Any job cuts at twi's staffed hdqtrs?

skyrider

Could twi be on the verge of cutting jobs? After all, the trickledown-effect in the economy most certainly has alerted those who attend their fellowships regularly.......paying for classes, conference fees, mag subscriptions, books, and the obligatory 12%-15% abs on a weekly basis.....and thus, trimming twi's gross annual income.

Of course, I still can't comprehend what 3 staffers in the Purchasing Dept do all day..??? :biglaugh:

And, besides Sysco delivery of food items......what does the Receiving Dept receive..??? :blink:

And, those Finance guys......couldn't trained chimps flip thru the blue forms by now...??? :spy:

And, several secretaries in Word Processing.......what are they "processing??

Window-dressing, I suppose.

But still, the twi "directors" have surely met behind closed doors to discuss this......and is watching closely those who regularly arrive late for work. Somebody is taking notes.

:evildenk:

They could have an Indian firm manage the switchboard..

Spoken with heavy Indian accent:

Welcome TWI customer support. My name is John and I am here 24/7 to answer your personal prayer request. Please tell it to me and send in a check for $200.00 to TWI Box 328 New Knoxvill, Ohio and be sure that all of your needs and wants are in balance so that your prayer request will be answered. Rosalie blesses you from on high.

...while they're at it, they could also outsource the research department...maybe some fresh minds would help... :blink:

:jump: What, and admit that in spite of all the hype that most of their work is substandard. That'll be the day.....

Dammit, they're everywhere.

At the bottom of the page was a random advert - "Download The Twi Course Used to Teach Diplomats - $39.95".

The class is pretty cheap these days, then.

For diplomats. From an organization with the diplomatic skills of ... a sledgehammer.

http://www.langocity.com/courses/twi_cours...CFUoa3godnFw5iQ

Edited by Twinky

Hey Twinky,

I think that politics could be a lot more entertaining with more sleghammers. :biglaugh:

But the fact that TWI is teaching diplomats is flat out scary. We don't need our diplomats to get even better at shades of gray and spin after all.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by JeffSjo

:offtopic: So now TWI teaches you tongues and interpretation in recognizable human languages. The holy spirit is no longer necessary :P :lol: :rolleyes: :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :ph34r: :jump::biglaugh:

Thanks Waysider,

Now it makes sense.

Dear Twinky,

Just to be clear, I think being a good diplomat is a very difficult job. I just simply had to take the shot. :biglaugh:

Twi is a language that is widely spoken in parts of Africa, especially Ghana.

I used to work with people from Ghana and Niger who spoke this language, as well as French and English, quite fluently.

now I feel sorry for the people who actually need information on Twi the language who probably get all kinds of twi the cult related results on google.

Gosh, I hope nobody took this seriously, that TWI was teaching diplomats :blink: Hope the link that I included made it clear it was not TWI the cult.

Though both are good at forms of doublespeak.

Good point, Potato. How scary!

Anyway, now: back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Redundancies in: bus driving dept; snow crew clearing round bus.

Since they no longer hold RoA, do you suppose they still have all that stuff in the warehouse, the chicken frying machine and all the other RoA stuff?

That could be a new job/reassignment. Selling all that off.

Anyone know if The Way Woods were grown as a forestry venture? Or are they just nice trees?

I dunno. Maybe after decades of failure and mis-management.. they'll lobby Augalize county for some kind of "bailout".. to save a few staffer's jobs.. with deep pay cuts and loss of benefits of course. After all, the county owes them.. after all they "did" for them..

:biglaugh:

Since they no longer hold RoA, do you suppose they still have all that stuff in the warehouse, the chicken frying machine and all the other RoA stuff?

IIRC.....twi sold off the roa equipment after martindale cancelled any future plans for this event. After all, with the corps numbers dwindling every year.....AND the full-time corps on payroll (Aug 1995 - Oct 1998) the labor force for such an event was NOW AN IN-HOUSE OPERATION EXPENSE.....and exploiting the slave labor for such an undertaking was slipping away.

TODAY.......the field-staff payroll is BARE BONES. Heck, some Region coordinators oversee two limbs and possibly run a branch in their own city. Twi continues to spend pennies on field promotion and activity and nickels at their corporate offices in ohio. IMO, it's simply a "house of cards"........no substance. It's a MLM pyramid masquerading as a non-profit organization (cough, cough) and the "product" is a plagairized, re-hashing of prosperity-promises of "abundance" to all class recipients who apply their principles.

Twi's corporate "hub" is far too bloated in relation to it's followers, attendees. I mean, how often does the average follower ATTEND twi's hq? Once every other year.....if that? And, the reason to keep some 320 (??) staffers at their hdqrts in ohio is simply window-dressing to entice the on-looker. And, having housekeeping personnel and services at personal homes of the directors, emerituses and such......just perks, and followers' abundant sharing "at work".....or play. :asdf:

How many churches have more than 20 full-time employees?

Does twi really need some 320 employees at its compound-corporate setting? Sheeesh.

:evildenk:

Are there really 320 people on staff at HQ?

How do you know that?

Whatever do they all do?

Twinky.......unless twi has slashed their numbers drastically in the five years, I am quite certain that 320 employees is a fairly good estimate. Back in the mid-80s, those staff numbers had swelled to somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-580, or thereabouts. When the annual holiday party dictated all to be present in the OSC dining room.........it was one crowded party.

What do they all do?..........Well, to start a list of departments at hq, how about this??

1) Rosie / Emeritus Trustees

2) Vice Presidents

3) Presidents' Cabinet

4) Department Coordinators

5) Trunk Area / International Outreach

6) Legal

7) Finance Dept

8) Safety Dept -- Bodyguards / Patrolling Grounds / 24/7 security service

9) Word Processing

10) Architect / Engineer / Way Builders Overseers

11) Electricians / Carpenters / Maintenance / Cabinet Shop / Concrete / Locksmith / Carpeting / etc.

12) Research (?) / Translation (?) / Library / Word Publications / Way Magazine / Printing

13) Corps Director / Event Coordinator / Auditorium Overseer

14) Way Productions / Audio & Video / Tape Duplication

15) Bookstore -- in OSC & Aud / Clerks/Packaging/Marketing/Storage

16) Shipping / Receiving / Warehousing

17) Food Services -- Kitchen / Food Prep / Dining Room / Cleaning

18) Grounds -- Trees / Mowing / Snow Removal / Salting / Flower Beds

19) Housekeeping -- Many buildings and personal homes/units (?)

20) Fleet Services / Auto Maintenance / Fuel Pump Operator

21) Water Treatment / Sewage Area

22) Sewing Dept / Devine Design

23) Personal Assistants / Nanny-types

24) Receptionists / Guest Housing / Visitors

25) Advanced Class Dept / Computer Services / Purchasing

26) Over-lapping Duplicity of leaders overseeing leaders and reporting back

Disclaimer: This list is not intended to be a COMPLETE listing of twi's corporate set-up. :biglaugh:

BUT..........in wayworld, with very little outsourcing....it sure looks like 320+ to me. :spy:

In a bunker-mentality..........ya gotta prepare for anything and everything. :rolleyes:

I think they did have some "cuts" a few years ago.. they double up or even tripled the duties of some "executive" type of "employees" to that of cleaning parking lots, mopping up oil spills from "wowmobiles", and the like..

unless they just purposely tried to humiliate executive types..

Gosh, I hope nobody took this seriously, that TWI was teaching diplomats :blink: Hope the link that I included Since they no longer hold RoA, do you suppose they still have all that stuff in the warehouse, the chicken frying machine and all the other RoA stuff?

Anyone know if The Way Woods were grown as a forestry venture? Or are they just nice trees?

They sold or gave most of that stuff away some time around 1997 or 1998. What they couldn't sell, they gave away. LCM patted his own back real hard for donating their old cots to a local organization.

Are there really 320 people on staff at HQ?

How do you know that?

Whatever do they all do?

I worked in Weird Processing for 3 years. There was a dept coordinator, a proofreader, and 5 full-time women who typed 12 houars a day and one part-time mom who worked 20 hours a week maybe. I hated that job, but it was better than working in Food Services.

I also worked 2 years in printing services. We had a department coordintaor, 2 secretaries, 1 typographer, 3 full-time graphic artists, one part-time graphic artist, one proof maker (the one who makes the picture of the graphic design to use with the printer, one printer, and 2 people in finishing.

I saw a lot of horsing around in printing services. It was ridiculous that we had to work 50+ hours a week. I don't get it. They put a demand on all departments to work that much because the Ground department did. I'm wondering why they didn't hire more people to work in grounds?? It's not like they paid much.

I was paid about $648 a month. My housing, food and electricity was provided. It sucked to be poor. I was so in debt while on Staff. I wonder now how many others were. I lived on my credit card to make up the difference of my needs because I was afraid to ask for more money.

When LCM made us take a 10% pay cut, they re-evaluated our pay about 3 years later. This was when Br*d Th*orpe had left and B*ll C*yle took over HR. Because BC was new at his job, they had Lou*e L*nd sit in on the meetings. LL obviously had an agenda, which I'm sure was mandated from the higher ups. They asked us to fill out a sheet requesting what we needed. I filled it out honestly, not asking for a penny more than I needed. I underestimated really. I was told No. I didnt' even end up getting my original 10% from the cut back.

All of that crap that we had to believe God to meet our needs was pure unadulterated B***S***T!!!! There was no room for God in TWI. We were too busy playing Him ourself.

Notta, I gotta ask,

What in the world would take 300 hours of typing a week?

Any and almost every letter (except ones from LCLM because he had his own secretary do them) from every department there. There was a lot of work from The Trunk Office and Way Publications. Other work included transcribing word-for-word Sunday Teaching Services and Corps Meetings.

By the way, LCM almost never wrote any article in The Way Mag. They were all rehashed teachings from Sunday Teaching Services. President's Publications would get the transcriptions and started marking them up to form it in to a magazine article. The whole time I thought Craig was hella busy with all he did....boy was I fooled.

He talked a lot a lunch about we shouldn't think evil if we see people walking around headquarters or if we see them in the middle of the day because we all have our times to take care of business. Somehow, it took an act of congress for me to get time off for an eye doctor appointment. Craig also talked a lot about how he liked to play golf, and he justified it to us all by saying that he got up at 5 a.m. to study the Word. I guess because his day started early, it ended early so he could get in something he liked to do. I never had that option when I worked there. I bet he doesn't golf on Home Depot wages these days (if he's still working there).

Edited by Nottawayfer