GreaseSpot Cafe

Does the way lidership that was loyal to LCM form their own splinter groups afther they leave?

themex

"Why hasn't loy started his own splinter group?"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=4649

My answer was

Seriously?

A) Towards the end, he wandered around campus,

addled, and confused as to how the women in his life had set him

up as the sole perpetrator of all the sins of the inner circle.

B) He was successfully labelled as the Single Villain. Therefore,

he can't build a base with ex-twi or CURRENT twi.

Supposedly, one man claimed if he had even 7 totally loyal men,

he could start a religion. lcm is short 7 men for even that much.

C) lcm lacks the skills to build himself up as a religious leader

to more than a boy scout troop. lcm was coccooned into twi at an

early age, and only retains the skills he learned thru college

(mostly athletics) and the skills he learned since then

(mostly, how to bark orders and micromanage.) Like a career

politician, he's out of touch with how real people live, how real

Christians think, and what they care about. He'd be a missionary

to a foreign country, whose customs are nearly incomprehensible.

(Unless he's learned humility since then-if he has, he may

understand, but understands he will only harm himself or others if

he takes the big chair.)

D) lcm doesn't have anything to offer people. His understanding

of Scripture is sub-standard among average Christians,

and his manner is abrasive. He can't get converts from people who

just want him to shut up.

After it was announced LCM would be pres., I was really quite surprised to hear many men in leadership - revs. - privately say how they never liked him and, as one man said of LCM, "he is a cocky jock." This surprised me because these were some loyal, top leadership. I think they were following him, because they were loyal to VP and LCM was VP's annointed one. They did it out of loyalty to VP. But, there was no loyalty to LCM, I think that's why pretty much no one did form loyal LCM splinter groups that I know of. You can also see how little loyalty there was to LCM after the mass 86-88 exodus of the older, original hippie generation, leaving LCM with the young 20 year olds to lead. Pretty much all of us who had gotten in early - late /60s-early 70s, had now grown up, and weren't about to follow anyone anymore.

After it was announced LCM would be pres., I was really quite surprised to hear many men in leadership - revs. - privately say how they never liked him and, as one man said of LCM, "he is a cocky jock." This surprised me because these were some loyal, top leadership. I think they were following him, because they were loyal to VP and LCM was VP's annointed one. They did it out of loyalty to VP. But, there was no loyalty to LCM, I think that's why pretty much no one did form loyal LCM splinter groups that I know of. You can also see how little loyalty there was to LCM after the mass 86-88 exodus of the older, original hippie generation, leaving LCM with the young 20 year olds to lead. Pretty much all of us who had gotten in early - late /60s-early 70s, had now grown up, and weren't about to follow anyone anymore.

You got that right...

Sunesis...you're an "old timer" here...people have come and gone...glad to see that you're still posting. :)

Groups were fellowshipping that formed immediately following the lawsuit announcement. I don't know what became of them.

I don't remember if that was before or after lcm was booted. He remained loyal to twi, and probably never tried to build a following. I know there are still plenty in twi who would welcome him back with open arms.