GreaseSpot Cafe

Current TWI headcount?

JustThinking

• 4 weeks later...

:biglaugh:

well.. yeah. That's what they are wating for, I'm sure..

almost as likely as like some of us here.. waiting for them to wake to some kind of righteousness or something..

(I'm not entirely discounting the possibility.. but hour by hour, it just doesn't seem to be "happening"..)

so.. the current count. We remove the kids, the pets, who's left?

I think that there are two types of people in twi right now. The deceived and the deceiving. I also think that there are too many in each catagory.

Hmmm same two categories as when we were all in.. just fewer numbers.

As long as they continue to isolate themselves their numbers will decline.

THis is a good thing in my opinion. Sooner or later they will become extinct.

Edited by leafytwiglet

I think that there are two types of people in twi right now. The deceived and the deceiving. I also think that there are too many in each catagory.

I don't think there's really any deceived. They just refuse to consider the idea that those rumors around since the 1970s might be true etc.

IF there are any real deceivers, that group is very small, and will be replaced in time, by the uh, "deceivers".

There's really just one group, IMO.

Edited by Bolshevik

I know there are plenty of deceived in local fellowships.. At HQ, mostly either the decievers or those who realize something is wrong but are waiting for hell to freeze over for that change!

On a more serious note.. I was honestly thinking just how many believers there have got to be left.. Maybe those from different states would have a clue about how many actually showed up for the last limb meeting they were in? Or maybe some from the last Adv. Class Spc. has a clue?

Last I knew (many years now in early 2000s..)

HQ had a little over 350 adults

Gunnison had less than 50 adults

Ohio as a Limb had ~ 150 adults

Colorado as a Limb had ~ 100 adults

Most other states I knew had less than 100 easy..

Calif ~ 80

Oregon ~ 50

Arizona ~ 75

Nevada ~ 40

New Mexico ~ 50

Texas ~ 70

Louisiana ~ 30

Oklahoma ~ 40

Tennessee ~ 40

How about any other states??

I know some were "empty" and the believers asked to move to a neighboring state.. Can't remember which ones now..

Hi Bolshe, hi Twinky ! No, I don't know the person mentioned, I was only in for a cupla years and I don't want to reveal the time period I was in or how recently I left, for personal safety reasons.

I was sent to Aussie and then back to N.Z. Saw some wonderful, really dynamic new people come take a look but once they 'farted sideways' the mini mog(s) jumped on them big time.

So, even trying to put on the more softer loving 'facade' was too much for these mini mog(s) to put up for, for too long.

They just keep shootin' themselves in the foot, which I believe is a good thing, hallelujah

How about any other states??

I know some were "empty" and the believers asked to move to a neighboring state.. Can't remember which ones now..

Minney-soda has a few left up here. Couldn't give you a number or anything, but I doubt if it's significant.

Last I heard, Minnesota was now part of a "region" rather than in a limb by itself. Too few folks for limb designation.

I know of a "twig" 25 or so miles away from me, but nothing else here in town or in the surrounding area.

Nothing like it used to be, that's-for-sure! :spy:

that sounds high for HQ and gunnison,

There could be a lot more in central/south america and africa than in the U.S.

It probably is too high compared to current #s.. Especially since Gunnison moved Corps training to HQ, I doubt there's but a handful left, and at HQ, I don't have a clue.. There were over 400 late 90's, and was dropping quick after LCM and now they are putting more Corps on the field to make up for the "locals' that left.

Never been in the 'way corpse' but a close friend in twi who was and (still is) told me about a site...waycorps .ning

I was surprised to see him and a cupla others who are still in posting on there and (not very subtlely) obviously trying to re-recruit former 'innies' that have/had left ?

How sad and desperate :(

I doubt you're going to get any accurate reading on numbers even with innies who have access to that. All the current field employees inflate the numbers, refuse to remove people from lists, include those who went to 1 meeting last year, etc. They preserve their own paycheck in this fashion. They aren't real active numbers. Last I heard, the trunk had to give the OK to remove anyone from their lists.

they do admit it's shrinking, but wayfers kinda want that, easier to elbow to the top.

Wasn't there a song from an 70s/80s ROA about "you may have to stand alone"

yeah, you'll be God's man/woman then. . .

I doubt you're going to get any accurate reading on numbers even with innies who have access to that. All the current field employees inflate the numbers, refuse to remove people from lists, include those who went to 1 meeting last year, etc. They preserve their own paycheck in this fashion. They aren't real active numbers. Last I heard, the trunk had to give the OK to remove anyone from their lists.

When I was in, we counted a lot of bogus people. There was a LOT of funny stuff going on to pump up the numbers. Twigs/Household fellowships were split even if it made them too small to be functional. Our "big" twig of 8 was split into two. That made a total of three in the local area which justified a job for a new corpse grad. No branch, no job. New corpse=new branch=new twig=growth!!!! Wow, he's amazing! Shows up and one month later, twigs are already splitting! :asdf: What BS.

At that time (early 2000s), a friend in northern VA said DC had four people. Actually, they had one former corpse and three people who came to her apartment for free food. Impressed yet?

JT