GreaseSpot Cafe

Church to burn bibles

mstar1

Sounds like an updated Uncle Harry Day for the new century will be happening soon. This one is even burning bibles....

LINK

A Baptist Church near Asheville, N.C., is hosting a "Halloween book burning" to purge the area of "Satan's" works, which include all non-King James versions of the Bible, popular books by many religious authors and even country music.

The Local News:

<object height="264" width="320"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.kbmt12.com/v/?i=63968712" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.kbmt12.com/v/?i=63968712" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="264" wmode="transparent" width="320"></embed></object>

This from the churches website:

halloweenburningparty.jpg

Criminy--wouldnt it be easier just to list the things that they arent going to burn?

Edited by mstar1

Okay, mstar1, do you want to bring the coat hangers? George, the marshmellows? Bramble the graham crackers? I'll bring the Hershey bars...

Well, they didn't mention Wierwille's books....maybe they are really Wayfers. :biglaugh:

I would be very, very interested to see just exactly what they think is not devilish. But then again...I may feel obliged to poke it with my stick. I guess that would make me automatically devilish too.

The King James Bible was thought of in most circles in the 1600's as a badly done compromise between the protestants of the day and catholic sensibilities that nobody liked except the British authorities who were pretty much forced to back it. They borrowed large tracts of Tyndale's translation but never even mentioned him in the credits....kind of like Wierwille did with many.

Who's bright idea was it to proclaim the "King James Bible" the Word of God anyway?

Well, they didn't mention Wierwille's books....maybe they are really Wayfers. :biglaugh: .. .

Hmmm, maybe so Jeff :biglaugh:

Imagine a remake of Fahrenheit 451 starring vp as chief of the Fire Department. Let's tweak the plot a little: in the oppressive future, the fireman's duty is to destroy all books [all without exception or all without distinction.. . or is it all with - oh hell, we'll work on the screenplay later] except those authored by vp.

Edited by T-Bone

Hm.

They say the King James Bible is divine, but the NEW King James (nearly identical, mainly changing

"thees" and "thous" and "chooseth"s) is satanic.

I certainly couldn't reason with them. Then again, with a grand total of 14 members,

they'll just fade away faster than twi, hemorrhaging members the same way.

Roll up, roll up! Get your brand here!

Can't you just see it? Nice big bonfire, get the branding iron hot, stamp "CULT" across their hands or foreheads.

Love their use of the abbreviation "ect." Don't you just love these highly literate characters ... that hide behind difficult KJV language when they don't even understand common English.

Nothing says "tolerance" and "reason" like a nice book burning.

I cannot remember the name of the person who said this - but it was in reference to Hitler's early public book burning sessions..."Once they start burning books it's only a matter of time until they begin to burn people."