GreaseSpot Cafe

Paradise Lost

Tzaia

Not that I really care what they think, but I was wondering today if current "standing" "believers" wonder about where we, who have fallen away from the "true" church, will be in the house of God in paradise? I can't help but think that with all of the emphasis on where someone would be in the house, like in the kitchen, when we were in TWI, that they lament not being able to hang out with all of us backsliding out-of-fellowship people.

Seriously, back in the day I used to joke about my final destination room in paradise being the bathroom (and more accurately the toilet) because of how not involved I was even when I was involved. I know that people really believed they would be hanging out with Jesus in the kitchen (I guess while Martha is cooking and cleaning) of eternal paradise.

I wonder if they think that paradise is going to be an awfully empty world?

Well, I can tell you that folks that left the ministry in recent years are simply not mentioned. It drives people crazy cause they came to have relationships with people who are now seemingly vanished. My mom used to ask her fellowship/branch coordinators about folks who had disappeared and they would talk using a low tone of voice that person was not fellowshipping any longer. It was if they had died.

I defer to the "innies" to enlighten us on our positions in the future....maybe will have to do community service or something for leaving the way. :anim-smile:

Not that I really care what they think, but I was wondering today if current "standing" "believers" wonder about where we, who have fallen away from the "true" church, will be in the house of God in paradise?

I dont know if it has changed but my last "official" contact with wayferdom was in about 1990 or 1991. I called the Florida limb coordinator after having not been to a fellowship in about 2 or 3 years. I was told then that I was welcome in Hell where i was surely going but not to any of their Florida fellowships. I also was informed I had lost any rewards that I may have gained during my ministry years. :rolleyes:

He got pretty wound up about someone just asking to come to a twig.

I was worried that the guy might have a stroke on the phone!

It was actually sort of entertaining...

The 'going to heaven and all hell cant stop you" doctrine apparently only works as long as you are an active way participant...or at least it was that way according to this deeply spiritual in the know state head honcho.

That being said I would gather that they are pretty much forbidden of thinking about possessed hellbound devils like me at all-it would be an unrenewed thought, off the word--and might cause heart failure or frothing at the mouth

It suits me just fine --the more they leave me alone the more I can spin my intricate web of deviltry :P :biglaugh:

Edited by mstar1

Well, I can tell you that folks that left the ministry in recent years are simply not mentioned. It drives people crazy cause they came to have relationships with people who are now seemingly vanished. My mom used to ask her fellowship/branch coordinators about folks who had disappeared and they would talk using a low tone of voice that person was not fellowshipping any longer. It was if they had died.

I defer to the "innies" to enlighten us on our positions in the future....maybe will have to do community service or something for leaving the way. :anim-smile:

Sort of a preemptive "Left Behind"?

That being said I would gather that they are pretty much forbidden of thinking about possessed hellbound devils like me at all-it would be an unrenewed thought, off the word--and might cause heart failure or frothing at the mouth

It suits me just fine --the more they leave me alone the more I can spin my intricate web of deviltry :P :biglaugh:

That's classic! Love it!

Please tell me you are exaggerating, mstar (rolls eyes).

Tzaia, have you forgotten, we are going to be in the air all the time, not in "paradise" at all, which is where OT believers get to hang out but we of the grace admin get to fly around in the sky ... or some such.

Anyway I am happy in Paradise Regained, which is life outside "the walls of Zion." It's not without problems, but it is pretty good anywhere TWI is not.

Please tell me you are exaggerating, mstar (rolls eyes).

No not really--The conversation was a little longer than that--45 minutes or an hour maybe---but those things were actually said and I did think the guy might really blow a gasket.

It was in the timeframe of the loyalty letter (a year or two later I guess). The key to my entire salvation seemed to center around whether or not I would confess that LCM was the Man Of God for our day and time or not---

When I told him I really wasnt interested in kissing anyones ring, just might want to come to a twig-- He lost it--sort of like one of those cartoons where steam comes out of some characters ears and their head gets ready to explode-- He tiraded for a good half hour on all sorts of subjects after that...

It got so completely bizarre that I found it humorous and started laughing every once in a while which only kept winding him up more and more :biglaugh:

He told me things about myself that I had never considered--I also learned a lot about my ancestry that day :wink2:

It was awesome--a macroscosm of my entire way experience wrapped up in one phone call---I wish they'd make THAT into a tape!

True Story

Edited by mstar1

Tzaia, have you forgotten, we are going to be in the air all the time, not in "paradise" at all, which is where OT believers get to hang out but we of the grace admin get to fly around in the sky ... or some such.

I never was able to quite get (from a TWI perspective) where I was going to be - besides the toilet.

Tzaia, at least you have certainty now. You're a grease spot. Not so much in the toilet as down the sink waste disposal unit.

...What a load of rubbish...

don't know how long you've been out, but someday, trust me, you'll say

WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i see you said not that you really care, but i thought since you started a thread, you might care a litte teeny bit

No, I don't care. I've been out since '87 and mentally gone before that. I didn't believe it then, which is why I joked about being able to find me in the household toilet. I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the belief. I mean seriously, if that's what is keeping someone in - I'm just suggesting they rethink the whole thing.

twi always taught me that the more you did in the ministry, the more responsibility you'd have in heaven... and heaven was a garden... so basically the more you did in twi, the more landscaping you would do in paradise... that sounds TERRIBLE.

I guess the difference is that you're happy you're doing yard work in heaven? The ironic thing is that I never once saw anyone from a branch coordinator on up ever willingly do their own yard work because they enjoyed it.

It has always amazed me how people could speak so authoritatively about things that are pure speculation.

They'd ask, "Don't you want to be in the kitchen?" No, not really - I spend enough time there now. However, I don't get enough bathroom time ( at the time I had small kids), so provided I have enough reading material, the bathroom sounds pretty good to me.

hahahaha! I'll just be outside weeding,.........

...ETERNALLY!

Well it only serves to reason that you would be assigned to the grounds department at international where you can do your penance. :anim-smile:

Apparently, everyone else will be in food services.

Seriously, back in the day I used to joke about my final destination room in paradise being the bathroom (and more accurately the toilet) because of how not involved I was even when I was involved. I know that people really believed they would be hanging out with Jesus in the kitchen (I guess while Martha is cooking and cleaning) of eternal paradise.

I think you're probably familiar with the "New Life in Christ" class from CES/STF. In it they talk about "jobs" in the Millenial Kingdom; farmers, fishermen, cleanup duties, etc.

Huh?

What if I get "cleanup duties" working alongside some dirtbag murderer/rapist who "repented" and was saved while awaiting execution on death row? Frankly, I'd rather remain in gravedom.

But I did find much of the class very interesting...at the time.

Edited by soul searcher

I think you're probably familiar with the "New Life in Christ" class from CES/STF. In it they talk about "jobs" in the Millenial Kingdom; farmers, fishermen, cleanup duties, etc.

Huh?

What if I get "cleanup duties" working alongside some dirtbag murderer/rapist who "repented" and was saved on death row? Frankly, I'd rather remain in gravedom.

But I did find much of the class very interesting, at the time.

oooh, aaaaahhhhh !!!!

Oh,...........Dat's da sound of the boys, ...workin' on the ~~ chaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiin gang ~~ !!!!!!

Soul Searcher chained to inmate 666. Assignment: ROADCREW Clean-Up!!

I dont pretend to know ANYTHING about eternity, heaven, or paradise but looking back I find it hard to believe that of all the possibilities eternity holds TWI could come up with slicing radishes, picking weeds, cleaning toilets or and other menial job as an analogy for how one could spend eternity. :o

I have nothing against any one those things but after 5 minutes or so Ive had my fill and am ready for something else

Its one time I agree with Wierwille..If I heard that now-- "I'd never go to church with you!"

Who ever would?

I just as soon die eternally than do any of that forever----eeeyuk!

Why cant we just do what we do now?-after 30 years Im just starting to get adequate. i like what I do --I wouldnt mind be the temple builder forever ---If I had an eternity maybe I could finally get it right some day