GreaseSpot Cafe

Twi"s Auditorium: A Series of Blunders

skyrider

I'm confused ... are you guys kidding about a missile in the silo or an underground bunker under the OSC ... or are you serious?

Back in the day, Wierwille had so alienated his own hometown and community that crazy rumors used to whirl around. Amongst those was the fake grain silo on the PWA was actually a missile silo.

So, just out of curiousity, who came up with the hair brained idea that a "grain silo" could be decorative??

And - have you ever seen the instructions for the auditorium in case of a tornado? The BOD/BOT and spouses would be taken down to the basement first, then everyone else.

I would have thought they would stand outside the auditorium and command the weather to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, and by the sheer force of their believing presence the tornado would just turn away to destroy some "cop-outs" who still lived in the area.biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

So, just out of curiousity, who came up with the hair brained idea that a "grain silo" could be decorative??

Well, the entire facility is designed so that it "blends" into the surrounding farming community. I would guess the stupid silo is in that same vein. Can you say "epic fail?" :wacko:

I know that Vicster and Dotsie wanted things done that way. So I would speculate that it's their brainchild.

(I've been told) It was actually meant to be built down by hiway 29. Maybe you've noticed the front side faces the woods.

Dumb eh?

Im trying to...lol

It sits at the corner of a county line (like an armpit he he) . . . when the weather is on I can show you exactly where it is . . . *sigh*

Edited by Bolshevik

I know, right? My eyes are drawn there on the map from habit...but hey habits are broken everyday! :anim-smile:

at least I know I'm not the only one with this uh, "problem" . . . finally, I can accept my flaw and deal with it. lol

And - have you ever seen the instructions for the auditorium in case of a tornado? The BOD/BOT and spouses would be taken down to the basement first, then everyone else.

I would have thought they would stand outside the auditorium and command the weather to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, and by the sheer force of their believing presence the tornado would just turn away to destroy some "cop-outs" who still lived in the area.biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

In my 24-years with twi, with 4 years on hq staff.......I never saw wierwille anywhere near a sign, a miracle or a wonder. Zilch. Nada.

During those corps weeks.....the corps were yelled at for NOT STOPPING THE RAIN. Yep, blame in on the corps and stand behind the podium with that pompous, self-righteous thundering voice.

And I wonder, still I wonder........Who'll stop the rain?

In my 24-years with twi, with 4 years on hq staff.......I never saw wierwille anywhere near a sign, a miracle or a wonder. Zilch. Nada.

During those corps weeks.....the corps were yelled at for NOT STOPPING THE RAIN. Yep, blame in on the corps and stand behind the podium with that pompous, self-righteous thundering voice.

And I wonder, still I wonder........Who'll stop the rain?

Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground.

Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun.

Priceless, skyrider.

That shows how un-Christ like Wierwille was. What an A$$ - The record where Jesus calmed the storm, setting the example for his disciples. It's obvious from the record that Jesus disciples lacked the trust in God to do what Jesus did so he did it so they could see. But not Wierwille, he would probably blame the corps' unbelief for his inability to do what he is screaming at others for not being able to do. A$$-hat.