GreaseSpot Cafe

The Advanced Class - what a joke!

OldSkool

To spayed productions credit they do have some talent in the ranks. What makes em sound so bad is the vocals are so loud it drowns out the rest of the musicians. Plus the drums being electric, and keyboards covering base. Oh, all the songs are either broadway meets MTV from the 1980s or REO Speedwagon on crack. Then there's the wardrobe problems. Well, then there is the whole singing ladies concept. They lack a strong lead vocalist even though they have a couple in the ranks. Ok - they suck!

Mostly because someone who does not know music, aka Rozilla, is micro-managing them with dumb advice from Vicster - like the words are the most important part of the song. Anyways, the way international had some real talent back in the day, now - it's just bad. You should see what goes on in the green room back stage though. No matter how bad they sound there are lot's of cheerleaders back there telling them how wonderfully tremendous they were. It's a real circle jerk.

one of the "advertising" points of the advanced class was so you could see HQ and meet the directors. (oh what an honor <_< )

there was always one knuclehead in the class who would walk down WW Road to check to see that every blade of grass was the same height. It wasn't, I assure you. But somehow that's what people saw. A real spiritual experience.

one of the "advertising" points of the advanced class was so you could see HQ and meet the directors.

lol.. Yeah, my first Adv. Class I met LCM for the first time. He came into the room we were watching "his" class (@Rome City), and he started distracting everyone cracking jokes, talking to people loudly, making fun of himself on the video playing. Meanwhile everyone was laughing and cheering him on. Well, not everyone. I was sitting there thinking I paid all this freakin money and now this dufus is making it so I couldn't hear the freakin class I paid to watch! There goes my money down the drain! :doh:

Somehow I had a detached view of the directors.. Never saw them as anyone great when I was near them, in fact, I thought most were prideful and a bunch of 2 faced a$-$es.. Yet, somehow, after I was away from them in my little twiggie group, I thought their teachings were holier than thou.. To this day I'm never sure how that worked.

Discerning of spirits...

with categories of "baddie" spirits, proud ones, lying ones, sexual and alluring ones, and I don't know what else (and please no-one remind me).

But what about "goodie" spirits?

We're so smart we don't need "goodie" spirits (angels) to help us because the Christ in us is superior to any kind of angel. (That's what they taught.)

Therefore we don't need to know about angels, how they work, what their functions are, how they might help us.

But through the Christ in us is also clearly superior to the devil spirits, we need to know all their different categories ... in lurid detail ... but not know about those on "our side"? <_<

(If we did but know it, all we needed to do was consider some of the high-ups in TWI. "The secrecy of his [the Devil's] success is the secrecy of his moves." And the high-ups at TWI sure kept a lot of their moves secret.)

there was always one knuclehead in the class who would walk down WW Road to check to see that every blade of grass was the same height.

didn't they kick him off more than a couple of times?

:biglaugh:

Discerning of spirits...

with categories of "baddie" spirits, proud ones, lying ones, sexual and alluring ones, and I don't know what else (and please no-one remind me).

But what about "goodie" spirits?

We're so smart we don't need "goodie" spirits (angels) to help us because the Christ in us is superior to any kind of angel. (That's what they taught.)

Therefore we don't need to know about angels, how they work, what their functions are, how they might help us.

But through the Christ in us is also clearly superior to the devil spirits, we need to know all their different categories ... in lurid detail ... but not know about those on "our side"? <_<

(If we did but know it, all we needed to do was consider some of the high-ups in TWI. "The secrecy of his [the Devil's] success is the secrecy of his moves." And the high-ups at TWI sure kept a lot of their moves secret.)

I never thought of that...sheesh...no kidding.

Not to teach on the angels but have a complete but delusional view of what the devil spurts are up to.

I guess The Way International can only have to give that which they are. (Great principle from PFAL with slight modification- Cinco de Mayo, 2010)

I really believe that the lack of teaching on the good spiritual side of things was to keep us focused on having a "deep spiritual perception" of the "evil" around us... Basically, to keep us paranoid and biting at each other - focused on what evil those around us were doing, AND NOT ON DOING GOOD. Because if we could point out the evil (tattle on) those around us, then we were the ones who got patted on the back and called "spiritually mature." In the meantime, we never even saw the big picture of the evil at the top. In fact, by the time I left they were teaching that almost any angelic intervention anyone spoke about was actually (you guess it!) devil spirits.

But at the same time we weren't supposed to make "negative confessions." How does this fit together? We must not acknowledge reality (that things really sorta suck when you get down to it)... we must not acknowledge evil in leadership (that would be thinking evil)... But devil spirits in everyone and everything else? They are everywhere - we have to keep sharp and look out.

And when something good happened? Guess what? We took the credit for it - or gave the credit to twi for teaching us how to believe to bring such abundance to our lives. We may have thanked God in a prayer before it even happened, but afterwards, I can't think of a time off the top of my head when God was thanked.

SO SO SO WRONG.

How about this? (From The Message I Corinthians 13:4-8)

Love never gives up

Love cares more for others than for self

Love doesn't want what it can't have

Love doesn't strut

Doesn't have a swelled head

Doesn't force itself on others

Isn't always, "me first"

Doesn't fly off the handle

Doesn't keep store of the sins of others

Doesn't revel when others grovel

Takes pleasure in the flowering of the truth

Puts up with anything

Trusts God always

Always looks for the best

Never looks back

But keeps going to the end.

Love never dies.

It's no wonder the "LOOOOVE CHAPTER" as VP called it was so poo-pooed by twi. BECAUSE WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT YOU REALIZE ONE THING...

They never loved you. They never loved me. They used us for their own selfish needs. They manipulated us, distracted us, and kept us looking at evil instead of looking for the good.

It's no way to live.

"They never loved you. They never loved me. They used us for their own selfish needs. They manipulated us, distracted us, and kept us looking at evil instead of looking for the good.

It's no way to live."

------------------------------------

And that, my friends, is the essence of what one must realize before they can effectively move past the accident scene and go on with life. IMO