GreaseSpot Cafe

Do you owe The Way International "back tithing?"

OldSkool

Well, I am still working through the Ron Peeler vs. The Way International evidentiary hearing files. To say they are rich in content is an understatement.

OK, the following is testimony from direct examination of John Stinson (Peeler's ex-fellowship coordinator) and then cross examination of Ron Peeler. I find the entire discourse extremely revealing.

Page 10 file 6 - Stinson Direct

Q. All right. In the proposed amended complaint, Paragraph 27-- There you go. Paragraph 27 makes references to abundant sharing. I'm just trying to find the most relevant reference here. Second sentence says-- Time frame is '98, '99. We're talking about a settlement, or some settlements, Dr. Peeler is alleged to have received. Then it says, "Defendants John--" or "Defendant," I guess, "John Stinson indicated in numerous personal and telephone conversations, in conduction-- in conjunctions with then limb coordinator John Lee and the branch coordinator Kenny Binkley, that the disability settlement amounts were in fact subject to abundant sharing and that plaintiffs would be marked and avoided and hence, according to The Way's practices, lose God's protection and the protection of The Way household if they failed to do so."

What's your reaction to that allegation?

A. That's not true.

Q. What's not true about it?

A. Well, this allegation here says-- Oh, you moved it.

Q. I'm sorry.

A. See, it says, "John Stinson indicated in numerous personal and telephone conversations." Well, the decision that the Peelers had made regarding a settlement happened prior to them moving to Tennessee.

We can see part of the allegations made by Ron Peeler against The Way International was if he did not abundantly share from his two settlements he risked being marked and avoided, losing God's protection and the protection of the Way International "household." Stinson in no way denies the allegation. He only denies his involvement in the allegation stating that Peeler made his decisions in Charlotte, N.C. There are so many people in the way international who think this sort of thing does not happen within the way ministry. Here, in my opinion, we have solid proof in a court of law that it does happen - much to the chagrin of the way international.

As an example. If I were asked if bestiality were a common practice in the way international, I would not deny my involvement in bestiality while ignoring the fact that others likely were involved. I would be able to answer an emphatic "NO!" and then be able to refute this as an accepted practice. Sometimes what people don't say is more telling than what they do.

Peeler - Cross

Page 13 - File 6

Q. All right. Now, in 1998 you did not make a contribution to The Way out of that settlement check. Is that correct, sir?

A. That's correct. We did not believe it was subject to tithing, in that it was not a gain in the typical sense, in that it was a payment for a medical condition.

Q. Okay. So it was one year later when you eventually made a contribution on the entire amount of the settlement, correct--February of '99?

A. Right. When we received the payment from the second company, we were advised by our branch coordinator in Charlotte when we left, that would be the time to potentially equilibrate the abundant sharing that we should have done that we did not feel we were subject to.

Q. All right. Your branch coordinator felt that the teachings did apply to that amount of money. Is that correct, sir?

A. Both the branch coordinator and limb leader in Charlotte and in Tennessee, correct.

Q. All right. When you wrote the check, it was a $41,000-dollar check. Is that correct?

What happened to as a man purposeth in his heart so let him give?

What happened to God loveth a cheerful giver?

The Way Corpse in Charlotte, N.C. and Tennessee worked this poor man over BIG TIME!

Look at the multiple layers of coercion on this man. Branch and limb coordinators from two different cities and two different states. It's his money, yet he feels like he has to explain it to his way international leadership who in turn tell him to give. And not only to give but that he basically owed "back" abundant sharing for not giving the way international money from his first settlement.

Do you owe "back" tithing? :biglaugh:

SO in other words One of them was in an accident and got money from a lawsuit to pay for their hospital expenses and ongoing care for the injuries and TWI (you just know that was coming from HEadquarters or you would not have had both at this guy)Demanded they give a tithe of it? UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

that money wasn't for gain that money was to pay for their care.

:realmad:

It was forty-one thousand dollars, is what it was, that he didn't think he had to give. What changed his mind?

His limb and branch coordinators from two states.

That's my best guess anyway.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What happened to as a man purposeth in his heart so let him give?

What happened to God loveth a cheerful giver?

The Way Corpse in Charlotte, N.C. and Tennessee worked this poor man over BIG TIME!

Look at the multiple layers of coercion on this man. Branch and limb coordinators from two different cities and two different states. It's his money, yet he feels like he has to explain it to his way international leadership who in turn tell him to give. And not only to give but that he basically owed "back" abundant sharing for not giving the way international money from his first settlement.

Do you owe "back" tithing? biglaugh.gif

yes, and once it was given they all sat back and tried to put the rap on God, and on Stinson by telling him it's now time to collect from God, Don't you believe the promises? Gee, it's not our problem you can't buy that van, but we're keeping your money now.... Go believe GOD now,.... shoo, scat, go away!

I wonder if he believed God that he would win the settlement? I wonder if he prayed that he would win that

If you ask Him for an egg he doesn't give a scorpion,... But you will have to give back 10% of the egg,.... oh lmao! That's rich

If he had gone straight out and believed for enough to buy the van they would have wanted 10% of that... Isn't there a limit to ridiculous on this?

That brings up another point....... You people that were salaried... did you have to tithe? I mean you were being paid with ABS money anyways, right? did you have to tithe? couldn't they just pay you 90% of your wage/Salary? rather circular logic again, I know...

maybe if you get a Van given to you you can get a cutting torch and cut off a tenth of it and leave it in the state coordinators driveway.... no? Oh you say that's ridiculous,... but if it's cash,.... suddenly it's not... odd that.

Though I feel confident that the Way International was quite happy to get Ron Peeler's money, when you know how deceptive he was in getting that money, you realize there is no way GOD wanted it ... it was tainted. I DO know how deceptive he was in gaining it and all the lives he hurt, so I have no compassion for him ... but I also do not believe The Way had any right to a penny of it ... and threatening "mark and avoid" is no different than a mobster strongarming a merchant for protection payments.

That brings up another point....... You people that were salaried... did you have to tithe? I mean you were being paid with ABS money anyways, right? did you have to tithe? couldn't they just pay you 90% of your wage/Salary? rather circular logic again, I know...

Well, Staffers at HQ were on a need basis. The premise was you only made what you needed to live abundantly. The cold reality was the way international decided how much you needed and it was very sub-standard. In fact, it was below minimum wage for most. That and you routinely worked in excess 0f 40 hours w/o time and half or double time. Most worked VERY long hours in those days. To answer your question, under this system tithing was NOT required and Staff were told not to.

Enter the Allen lawsuit, and everything changes at HQ and Gunnison. Under the new system they pay 40 hours at minimum wage, for most, and time and a half for 6 hours. You had to tithe under this system. It was sold as "you GET to tithe, see how much better this is?"

Though I feel confident that the Way International was quite happy to get Ron Peeler's money, when you know how deceptive he was in getting that money, you realize there is no way GOD wanted it ... it was tainted. I DO know how deceptive he was in gaining it and all the lives he hurt, so I have no compassion for him ... but I also do not believe The Way had any right to a penny of it ... and threatening "mark and avoid" is no different than a mobster strongarming a merchant for protection payments.

And you see, this again brings up an interesting point. I have offered no defense to Ron Peeler, not knowing him, although I do empathize with him getting hammered by multiple Way Corps leadership. I've lived through that myself and know how one has to knuckle down and fight if they plan on keeping their own choices in tact. Assuming what you say is true, and I believe you, wouldn't that put more burden on such a highly spiritual outfit to know he was deceptive? And especially refusing his money? But not these ya-hoos. They shake him down, go into a feeding frenzy to get that big ABS check from their areas. It's sick.

In my experience anytime the Corporation who ever that corporation makes a change in how you are getting paid or in how your hours will be worked it is always and I do mean always in favor of the corporation..

And TWI was nothing but a Corporation disguised as a religion... in order to suck the blood(Money) out of everyone of their followers until you had nothing left or ran screaming into the night!

• 2 months later...
that the disability settlement amounts were in fact subject to abundant sharing and that plaintiffs would be marked and avoided and hence, according to The Way's practices, lose God's protection and the protection of The Way household if they failed to do so."

Looks like an extortion type protection racket to me, similar to organized crimes pay to be 'protected' schemes.

Im not sure of the legal ins and outs of protection rackets like this, I hope that some day a lawyer presses in a class action lawsuit to return ill begotten money to its rightful owners.

as far as me owing--yea right--

I tallied up all the blueforms from my years as a twig coordinator one time. The money that I collected and sent in (not all mine btw) over my `tenure was about $144,000 in ABS. That did not include money for classes, advances, 'love offerings', all the crap you had to buy to put on classes and twigs, nor any of the jillion hours of time invested.

Part of the reason that money was sent in was because of promises that TWI had made and had promised to uphold

Some were in writing--"You can take the foundational class whenever and wherever it is offered"--Many were verbal---"You are always welcome at The Way", "The Ministry is yours" etc blah blah blah--lots of promises that proved to be untrue

It was not me, but THE WAY that breached any agreements and changed our 'contractual' agreements and their obligations in midstream.

If anything they should return money to me, and redistribute money back to everyone from whom they took it under their false pretenses.

To some businesses it wouldnt even be a question--If you dont provide the goods or services you promised, then you return the money--

but looking for simple morals, ethics or a conscience to come from TWI isnt ever going to turn up much :biglaugh:

It'll be a long long long long wait before I'll ever expect to see any of those attributes eminating from New Knoxville.

I know I certainly wont be holding my breath waiting for my return check and the letter that says "sorry for the inconvenience" ...I let it all go a long time ago. I know I acted honorably if very naively when I was younger and dont worry about it anymore---Its gone and I can sleep at night

They will be the ones that have to live with consciously extorting money from medical settlements, the poor, the sick, the dying and one day have to own up to it all.

I agree one's personal finances are hmmm, "personal". So I have a couple questions (which may be in the doc's and I missed it):

1. How did the Way know about these settlements to begin with? Was it common knowledge and publicly known what had happened and how it was being handled? I assume it was but wonder if anyone knows how the details were known by others....?

2. If Peeler disagreed with the Way's advice/coercion on the matter of tithing why did he comply? Or is it that he agreed at the time he complied and then disagreed later?

If someone says "do that and I won't be your friend anymore"....you have to make a decision. If you have to go ahead with what you're doing you're going to be less one friend. That's hard but that's the way it goes, if you need to do what you're doin' and there's no way to work it out.

I know all of this isn't that simple but it does apply IMO as a general rule of thumb and always has. Choices have to be made.

If you said: "God won't bless you and you can't come to fellowship or take our classes" if I don't do such and such.....

Fine. That sux, not because I can't come or take, but because you're going to be such a dik about it all. But fine.

Anyone who was "tithing" money to the Way to get things back from them was giving for the wrong reason anyway, same thing for the Way collecting "tithes" on their own behalf.

It's like with Donna M. going on years ago about the people killed in that plane crash and taking it back to blame the father who'd left The Way. Come on - sure there's some who believe that but across the board there's been very few instances of those kinds of things befalling those who left the Way during the time when her husband had degenerated into a wad of used gum who couldn't keep it in the wrapper anymore.

Unfortunately she's the one who got screwed, not me (figuratively speaking it would appear) - She lost her husband, family and any sense of self-respect that might have come to her in her later years. Everyone knows now what was going on between her and Craig at that time and it's not a pretty picture once you think about it a little - so she would be far better off focusing on the home front and family instead of pointing blame.

They on the other hand - Donna M, Rozary, the rest of the clan are all looking kind of sickly, pale and pudged out, ankles the size of logs and feet like pineapples. Age comes to us all but dang - I'd think all of that protection and blessing would produce a product that would present itself a little better than what I see on their website. No offense intended - I'm no Sean Connery here but I do think it would make their case much stronger if they could point to themselves in all humility and say "See? Good things do happen if you stand with the Way's Word."

I mean, really - where's the witness?

I should talk. But then I'm not making myself out to be anything other than exactly what I am, and I don't promise anything if you give me money either, least of all the privilege of being able to come to my house so you can give me more while I bore you to diahrea with regurgitated tripe.

Well, there is eternal happiness and a big stack, but that's for the few who respond when I make it available. Not to worry, another Season of Giving Love-Bucks to Socks is scheduled for the fall. Start saving now to guarantee a good spot in line.

Being out for a long time and finally figuring out. The simple answer was just say "NO". I bet that is how the court saw it having never have had their mind warped. God was everything (I hope still is) to us. Being a good wayfer we listened to men/women to run our lives and they told us this is what God was wanting while warping the scriptures.

Never anything a judge will ever see and probably nothing a jury would ever understand. never being under a control like twi. like we were. I get it and when I heard about the law suite and talked to parties about had the thought the Peelers would never win. On the other hand I understand what they went through as far as being pressured to give till there is almost nothing left. How about this and it goes for Grease Spotters......even we understand things the rest of the world never will. Ech that sounded to much like twi spew for me.