GreaseSpot Cafe

Eternally Blessed Christian Bookstore

JavaJane

WTF??

And...

EGADS!!!

I feel a lawsuit coming on.... evildenk.gif

clickety click on those little linky links and see the horrors of the STS all over again!!

**edited to add another link and a smart-a$$ comment.

Edited by JavaJane

Sorry for the redundancy... I should search before I post. I was trying to recover some of my work on doulos and this site came up... scared the poop out of me.

Posted before or not, I would not have known to search for it not knowing what it was. Now that I know about I think I'll go download some of Craig's old teachings. The went through all the trouble of purging the libraries of his old teachings, figures that means I owe my self some copies. :anim-smile:

Looks like you have to subscribe to get anything from there?

HEY WAYGB!!! FOLLOW THE LINKS!!! POTENTIAL NEW LAWSUIT!!!

(know you guys wouldn't want to miss a chance to protect your copyrighted materials :rolleyes: )

. . . The went through all the trouble of purging the libraries of his old teachings. . .

Dude and I would often check these old tapes out from the library . . . one day they actually went into his Founder's Room and found the tape to take it back . . . not that he did anything or was holding it too long. . . they just wanted them back.

Dude and I would often check these old tapes out from the library . . . one day they actually went into his Founder's Room and found the tape to take it back . . . not that he did anything or was holding it too long. . . they just wanted them back.

That is so fockered!

When I posted a link to EB's stuff before, I found SNS teachings for sale on Cyber Radio and posted a link to it. That domain is now up for sale. I al;so notice that EB's website no longer has a link to SNS teachings on the homepage. This wasn't all that long ago that both were actively present.

When I posted a link to EB's stuff before, I found SNS teachings for sale on Cyber Radio and posted a link to it. That domain is now up for sale. I al;so notice that EB's website no longer has a link to SNS teachings on the homepage. This wasn't all that long ago that both were actively present.

If they want to persist in selling the way's stuff - especially public teachings that corroborate so much of what has been said on GreaseSpot, the should change the name to Eternally Sued. Ole' Colombo likely hard at work. I had lost count of the times over the years I heard Rosalie say publicly and in a adamant low growl type of voice that they will always defend their copyrighted materials in court. Lot's of skeletons in the closet are good motivation to a money hoarding worthless non-profit such as the way international.

The piggybank's empty, guess I won't be shopping there today. No indicaation of who's behind the site, no About Us page or whatever.

I did notice a selection of teachings by Lovely Loy including one called "Doulos Doings" (relevant to a current thread about the meaning of "doulos" and another by him called "Girding your loins" or some such. That gives me the heebie-jeebies, knowing what he was actually doing with his loins at the time... :wacko::realmad: (barf).

If someone really wants to put content like that up, they should just go with one of the prolific BitTorrent sites around. Many of them are hosted in countries that can't be touched legally, no matter how growly the Fox wants to get - let's see how many billable hours of Colombo's TWI can spend on that :spy:

Edited by chockfull

If someone really wants to put content like that up, they should just go with one of the prolific BitTorrent sites around. Many of them are hosted in countries that can't be touched legally, no matter how growly the Fox wants to get - let's see how many billable hours of Colombo's TWI can spend on that :spy:

Thanks You!!!

Here, all you lurkers take chockfull's advice. There are scores of hosts in the Netherlands. Here is one to get you going.

http://www.leaseweb.com/en

Host it there by proxy and don't sweat it. I bet you a dollar to a dime EB got hit with a cease and desist. Any takers?

Personally, I might buy some of the Bullinger books. When I looked at the library I was very surprised to see book by Derek Prince, someone whose teachings I like a lot and find challenging. While there are some similar ideas, much of what he teaches would not be in alignment with TWI teachings.

In regards to posting the old STS, a lot of the older teachings were deliberately not copyrighted, with the idea that you could copy them and give them away. In fact under copyright law they would be considered copyrighted, but just not having the copyright registered. It would not be a problem for TWI to register the copyright, or even sue without doing so if they wanted.

Edited by Keith

In regards to posting the old STS, a lot of the older teachings were deliberately not copyrighted, with the idea that you could copy them and give them away. In fact under copyright law they would be considered copyrighted, but just not having the copyright registered. It would not be a problem for TWI to register the copyright, or even sue without doing so if they wanted.

partly right. anything published before 1976 without registration and notice wasn't, isn't and can never be copyrighted. it was assumed to be placed in the public domain, and there were no oopsies-take-backs on copyright claims. some of what twi put on tape is simply not protected by copyright law, never was, and never can be. they eventually started complying with copyright notice requirements, and these days any work published is assumed copyrighted unless rights are explicitly voided.

I left in late '76, and I'm sure they knew the copyright laws. (at least the first time) They copyrighted all of there classes. Just not their STS. I was always told we were free to copy them if we wanted to and give to give to others.

I left in late '76, and I'm sure they knew the copyright laws. (at least the first time) They copyrighted all of there classes. Just not their STS. I was always told we were free to copy them if we wanted to and give to give to others.

I remember seeing some of those old tapes. no copyright notice. that means legally twi doesn't own the recordings and can only own and control the physical copies (i.e. the cassette, reel, or digital file) and cannot prevent anyone from copying and distributing the recordings however and to whomever they want.

I remember some legal wrangling over the class tapes because twi claimed they owned the classes and no one else could. however, if someone had a set in their possession and twi could not produce a contract proving ownership, legally they'd be SOL. the person with the class tapes couldn't legally copy and distribute until copyright ran out (which it may actually have on some of the early classes) but twi can't claim perpetual ownership of a physical copy, either.

I remember some legal wrangling over the class tapes because twi claimed they owned the classes and no one else could. however, if someone had a set in their possession and twi could not produce a contract proving ownership, legally they'd be SOL. the person with the class tapes couldn't legally copy and distribute until copyright ran out (which it may actually have on some of the early classes) but twi can't claim perpetual ownership of a physical copy, either.

Bingo! My dad took a job doing work in a remote location outside of the US. He had a set of PFAL class tapes (Beta Tapes) the local branch was falling apart, people were leaving in droves The Guy he was supposed to turn the tapes over to left the Way. So he safed them in his attic and left for a year to work at the Ross Ice Shelf. When he came back there was no more branch in his area, and no one ever contacted him to turn them in - so he forgot about the tapes.

Years later someone "witnessed to him", He told them - "You sound just like someone from the Way." They were. Still the person was witnessing, yanno? so they got a little defensive, because dad had heard of them. When Dad told them he used to be in the ministry but that he's left in '85 or so and that he had even ended up with a set of PFAL Tapes,....... they got all upset with him, demanding he return them (keep in mind this was like in 1990). My dad looked around in his wallet and found his Business Attorney's card, and told the guy to call him. He never did. Eight or nine years later, those were the tapes I listened to over and over after I finished Secondary School.