GreaseSpot Cafe

What have you done.. to loosen da ways grip on your mind?

Ham

One thing I changed, and it makes a huge difference--I don't keep people in my life who want to use me or put me down or control me. If I get a weird feeling about them, or they do something 'off' that makes me uncomfortable, I don't give them a bunch of chances and try to reason away their behavior like I did with the precious 'household' believers in TWI. Life's too short. There are other people out there who can be real friends.

And since leaving TWI I've only met a few of those types--they must all be drawn to groups like TWI!

The friends I now have are real friends.

One thing I changed, and it makes a huge difference--I don't keep people in my life who want to use me or put me down or control me. If I get a weird feeling about them, or they do something 'off' that makes me uncomfortable, I don't give them a bunch of chances and try to reason away their behavior like I did with the precious 'household' believers in TWI. Life's too short. There are other people out there who can be real friends.

And since leaving TWI I've only met a few of those types--they must all be drawn to groups like TWI!

The friends I now have are real friends.

SO TRUE!! I have learned to trust my gut when it comes to people. I am usually right on when it comes to that... and when I don't listen, I get in trouble... I really like to believe that all people are good, but when I get a bad feeling, I don't have to be around that person. I can make that decision myself and not just make excuses as to why I am the bad person for thinking that way!

My sister bought me a cross necklace for Christmas one year. I wear it, and I don't believe it's a dog whistle to devil spirits.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one...

You see, you wearing that cross anywhere near someone still "in" TWI, is an automatic whistle to bring them near you to try and get you into da class.. Yes, folks.. Them debil spirits will be after you to get rid of such trinkets, and if I were you, I'd run away really fast!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one...

You see, you wearing that cross anywhere near someone still "in" TWI, is an automatic whistle to bring them near you to try and get you into da class.. Yes, folks.. Them debil spirits will be after you to get rid of such trinkets, and if I were you, I'd run away really fast!

Thankfully I live in a town not good enough for Wayfers to witness in. :)

What, upper middle class?

No, that's where they rent and cannot otherwise afford. I just live in the city. They stalk the suburbs of America and avoid the inner cities for the most part.

OK.. so what was the most bizarre thing YOU'VE done since leaving da way?

I've done some bizarre things since my twi "exit" (some legal/ some otherwise),

but not in the context of "Losing the Grip".

If you want to "Lose the Grip", be yourself. That's what I did.

Follow your dreams/ pursue new hobbies/ live for the moment/ that sort of thing.

It's really refreshing to do what you want without le@dersh!t

telling you how "off the word" it is.

Summed up in two words - - - Carpe Diem. :)

Not to derail the thread or anything here Ham,

but I saw a guy walking past my house the other day,

wearing a tee-shirt that said:

"Nuttier than a squirrels' turd".

I thought of you immediately, but in a GOOD kind of way. :D

Edited by dmiller