GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Promo on TV

Nottawayfer

If I recollect correct, it was a paid ad by twi (28 grand or so of ABS money),

and it was on a Terry Bradshaw show (or something). It was about 4 or so years ago that it aired.

Folks here wrote the network (I forget which one now), informing them that twi was a cult.

The network had no idea of that. To them it was just another "paid ad".

I'm sure that thread is around here somewhere. It was started by Rottiegrrrl.

The search system here mystifies me. I can't ever find anything using it.

Perhaps someone more cognizant of the search features than I, can find a link to it. :)

(edited - - since I found the original thread. I was incorrect on a couple of facts).

Edited by dmiller

I found the thread. I started backtracking from page 113 (last page in About the Way), and found this on page 74.

Is this what you were thinking of , Nottawafer? :)

I JUST SAW A COMMERCIAL FOR THE WAY INTERNATIONAL

More threads on the same topic,

"Have you seen the video on the twi website?"

"TWI commercial posted on their site"

I saw on the fox news, a clip of some dance the way did not to long ago on Jon Stewart's daily show. I thought that they were a each one reach one, but having to go tv, things are getting bad?

This was a different subject.

It was never on The Daily Show.

E!'s show "The Soup" sometimes includes things found online.

In that case, they showed a clip from the twi website

of some awkward song-and-dance number twi posted to their own site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPcPCwK_G0

Ugh...I came so close to being in that video. I had an appointment the day the crew came to tape it, and when I got back I couldn't even get into my office. Everyone was out in the lobby having a fake fellowship that was being recorded for the video. Whew...got out of that by the skin of my teeth.

Bliss wrote on another thread that she thought even the WC didn't know they spent money on it--she's right. I don't think anyone but the directors knew that. It was presented to everyone like it was all a big win, a freebie. They got selected because of their ethics...blah, blah, blah. Too bad they never told anyone why the video got pulled--because of their corruption, lies, coercion, scandals...

Bliss wrote on another thread that she thought even the WC didn't know they spent money on it--she's right. I don't think anyone but the directors knew that. It was presented to everyone like it was all a big win, a freebie. They got selected because of their ethics...blah, blah, blah. Too bad they never told anyone why the video got pulled--because of their corruption, lies, coercion, scandals...

HOLY CRAP! They PAID for that?!? I remember they DISTINCTLY said they were chosen for that little piece because Bradshaw was SO impressed with them. Good Gawd they LIE! I was way corps at the time and had NO idea they paid for that or that it was pulled because the network found out the truth about them. ROFL!!!! Wonder if they got a refund? :anim-smile:

Can you say...epic fail?

Do you think they'd miss the football?

YES! Turns out that is one expensive football.

. . .

YES! Turns out that is one expensive football.

but, . . . what if . . . we . . . or somebody . . . replaced it with a bronze sculpture of The Führer's head?

I mean, these people really only talk about being detail-minded.

Hey wasn't that the noon meal where Q-tip got up and announced "we'd entered something and have be selected blah blah blah . . ."

Everyone in the room was looking at each other ("pssst . . . what are we supposed to think?")

and Q-tip was like "that's very good" nodding her head

slight delay . . . everyone cheers

wayfers are dumb

Hey wasn't that the noon meal where Q-tip got up and announced "we'd entered something and have be selected blah blah blah . . ."

Everyone in the room was looking at each other ("pssst . . . what are we supposed to think?")

and Q-tip was like "that's very good" nodding her head

slight delay . . . everyone cheers

wayfers are dumb

I don't think they're DUMB so much as GULLIBLE.

twi big wigs lie to them all the time, and they just BUY it.

The idea that they'd be lied to by the bigwigs is slow to occur to them.

And then the bigwigs say "suspecting me of lying just because I told you outrageous

hogswill is 'thinking evil', which we don't do."

So the twi'er says "Duh, that's right" and goes back to sleep.

Until they get sick and tired of being sick and tired and really wake up.

• Upvote 1

*I forced myself to watch the dance clip again and threw up...not how I wanted to spend the afternoon)*

The network cancelled, ONLY because of us little Greasespotters going Ape$*IT and calling, emailing, fog-horning.... the producers~

that

THE WAY IS A CULT< IN A LAW SUIT as we speak< SEXUAL PREDATORS ...yada yada.

I bet someone got into trouble for not doing their research......nono5.gif

yup.

This kinda stuff is EXACTLY why TWI stays UNDERWRAPS and not mainstream.

They would be crucified.

"sorry, no offense Jesus. "

So...speaking of Terry Bradshaw's "Pick of the Week" clip, I'm unclear on the who paid/what paid topic.

Bliss and What About It (or anyone else here who knows)

1. Did they pay to get it put on as the Pick of the Week?
  2. Pay production costs to have it filmed themselves?
  3. Pay the show's production costs to have it filmed?
  4. All of the above?
  5. Something else...?

So...speaking of Terry Bradshaw's "Pick of the Week" clip, I'm unclear on the who paid/what paid topic.

Bliss and What About It (or anyone else here who knows)

1. Did they pay to get it put on as the Pick of the Week?
  2. Pay production costs to have it filmed themselves?
  3. Pay the show's production costs to have it filmed?
  4. All of the above?
  5. Something else...?

Socks,They paid for PICK OF THE WEEK with TB.

( *the dance vid is just what ended up on Talk Soup because it was so.unbelievably.disturbing.wacko.gif)

From what I remember, they submit an application to be on the show. Then, if they ''like'' them from their app, they send a film crew out to record how awesome they are and what life at

''The Way International Biblical Research Ministry "is like daily....blah blah blah...all staged of course.

Then, they (TWI) hand them over a whopping 29,000$ for this ''spot' on TV...

It's just like if they did a commercial during Little House On the Prairie......

EXCEPT

it is made to look like they are ''being picked and spotlighted" for free......NOT!

Par for the course when it comes to TWI's deceptions.

Sounds like a pricey version of one of those "Who's Who in <fill in the blank>" books. You get a sappy letter: "You have been chosen as one of the up and coming young grand poobahs of whatever, and we want to put you in our Who's Who book. You only have to pay $XX so everyone will know how whosy whosy you are!" bleah

Here's the official garbage from their website, several years ago.

The Way International was selected to appear in a 2-minute broadcast on the MSNBC national cable television show "Pick of the Week"â„¢ with Terry Bradshaw on February 4, 2004. This show recognizes successful companies in various chosen fields and provides them positive coverage. The Way International was chosen as one of five excellent nonprofit companies in the United States and, after going through a selection process, was named number one.

To enjoy the 5-minute corporate video on our ministry, you will need Windows Media Player. If you do not have it, you may download and install this player by clicking the "Download Now " button and following the instructions provided for your operating system:

sooo.. if they are sooooooooo wonderful..

how is it.. they are having a hard time finding victims (ahem, employees) to come on to replace an aging, rapidly evaporating staff? i.e., butt kissing grounds keepers and toilet flushers and cleaners for less than minimum wage, and no benefits?

:biglaugh:

Did they REALLY think Bradshaw would send a few victims their way?

yep...

"yes, young man (or woman. let's be fair here..) someday, maybe someday, YOU may be in charge or research, or finance.."

To enjoy the 5-minute corporate video on our ministry, you will need Windows Media Player

hmm. that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

enjoy? What in gawd's name here is there to "enjoy"?

a good friend tells me.. my sense of humor is the only thing keeping me sane. Of sorts, anyway..

five minutes.. to describe their "greatness" is overkill, isn't it?

give me a few minutes. I'm trying to recover my tongue from laughing so hard..

• Upvote 1