GreaseSpot Cafe

University of Life?

teachmevp

A friend recommended the Welsch book and shortly afterwards I started into the tapes. So really it was quite unintentional on my part but I could not believe how much of that book was passed off as wierwille's work. I just chalked it up to coincidence at the time since they were teaching from the same book - Romans. Since I have come to learn VPW has a lengthy history of plagiarism it stands to reason that he worked through Welsch's book and then retaught it.

The fact it was non-intentional is what makes it so funny, at least to me.

Edited by Broken Arrow

The fact it was non-intentional is what makes it so funny, at least to me.

It's definitely funny, especially because the in-residence way corps are supposed to be so stupid until they graduate. Victor Paul Wierwille should have learned how to cover his tracks better than he did.

Really, it shows how pathetic VPW attempts to make himself look like the man of God really are. In reality he seems to have spent most of his time reteaching other's works as if he figured it out that morning in his personal studies.

I gotta tell you it was possibly the most boring thing I have ever subjected myself to---it was excruciating...I tried, I really did but I never did finish them.

I dont know how anyone could ever made it through any of those "classes', I'd just as soon stick a fork in my forehead as to ever do that again.

They're still around somewhere-I could probably send them to Gitmo to use as a torture method

Now just picture this... You lost four hours sleep last night because you stood a Bless Patrol watch. Between breakfast and lunch, you spent four hours splitting logs for firewood (Gunnison, you know). And now, this afternoon, you have to stay awake and seem interested as you listen to those teachings live, if anything that dull can be called "live"...

Love,

Steve

Now just picture this... You lost four hours sleep last night because you stood a Bless Patrol watch. Between breakfast and lunch, you spent four hours splitting logs for firewood (Gunnison, you know). And now, this afternoon, you have to stay awake and seem interested as you listen to those teachings live, if anything that dull can be called "live"...

My one most solemn prayer had I been in your shoes:

Please.

Shoot.

Me.

Now.

I had the Thessalonians tapes, which I think were about $375.00. That was in 1983 when I was making minimum wage and working part time because my whole life was tied up in the 'ministry'... That was indeed a lot of $$ at the time --the tapes cost more than my "more than abundant life" $200.00 1968 Plymouth Valiant with the holes in the floor that i drove at the time

I gotta tell you it was possibly the most boring thing I have ever subjected myself to---it was excruciating...I tried, I really did but I never did finish them.

I dont know how anyone could ever made it through any of those "classes', I'd just as soon stick a fork in my forehead as to ever do that again.

They're still around somewhere-I could probably send them to Gitmo to use as a torture method

Amen Ditto I too bought the Thessalonian tapes. I was a Corps Grad. Couldn't get through them. I have the green folder on the piano with sheet music in it. I used the tapes later to record stuff i.e. children's songs for my kid.

Thanks for the lovely picture right before bed, dmiller. It's sure to give me nightmares... That and the mind picture of VP as a clown. VP clown leeches.... Aaaaaaaash!!

as I said before, VPW was an invention of Stephen King(think It and Haven, with a touch of Eureka, Warehouse 13, American Gothic, Twin Peaks, and Dark Shadows all wrapped up as one) :smilie_kool_aid:

Amen Ditto I too bought the Thessalonian tapes. I was a Corps Grad. Couldn't get through them. I have the green folder on the piano with sheet music in it. I used the tapes later to record stuff i.e. children's songs for my kid.

Well, now see? For you, University of Life was usefull for something after all! You guys had me worried that the whole thing was a complete waste of time.

I don't think that VP taught all of the UL classes - but late 80s, at the time of the PoP paper and all that fallout, a huge number of people left and, as usual, all of any non-standing person's work automatically got deleted. (They wuz puzzest, you know, deluded, can't have their contaminated work available to polute the purity of the remaining believers.) And so (I think) some of the UL classes were quietly forgotten about.

I think W@lter Cummins did some stuff and no doubt others, whose names I don't know. None of these tapes or classes was around when I was in rez except a few really old classes by VPW - perhaps the same stuff OldSkool got hold of years later.

I think that this was the main reason the classes were pulled. As I recall. John L-nn did "One God." I think Walter taught Corinthians. I think, though, that VP did Thessalonians, Romans, and Ephesians.

George

what, Ted F didn't teach any music classes like how to capo your guitar? or gospel blues boogy woggie? or Tom L*****$*! how to imitate Elvis Pressley/Johhny Bravo(Cartoon Network)?

I will be so glad when we get to the third page on this thread so I don't have to ever ever see that leech picture again...

:offtopic: I know....

which one , Wierwille, Martindale, or Geer? oh, the actually animal picture, sowwy :rolleyes:

I will be so glad when we get to the third page on this thread so I don't have to ever ever see that leech picture again...

:offtopic: I know....

Sorry about that JJ, Leeches are pretty common up here in Minney-soda.

The variety we have up here are mostly found in lakes/ swimming areas/ etc.

Not usually found behind a pulpit in a church, but it's been known to happen. smile.gif

The university of life was designed when Wierwille realized that he had a substantial portion of his followers that were actually unable to enter the way corps...usually because of age restrictions...Vic saw a lot of older folks (who had plenty of money), who were being "untapped", so to speak. In his "divine wisdom", Vic the opprotunist that he was, decided to sell corps teachings to the old folks without making them go in residence and run two miles a day and live in a dorm. They paid gladly to get their hands on these "SPECIAL TEACHINGS"...

upon "graduation" Vic would hand them a certificate of some kind and that would make them officially spiritual. Ya gotta hand it to the Vickster...he knew how to milk his followers.

...and yeah, he charged plenty for it.

This is something I missed from page 1 from this thread.

Imo - - - U of L was just one more "caste system" in the twi hierarchy. Oh sure, I was a part of it and didn't understand that at the time, but that's neither here nor there (now). If you were a part of the U of L, you had "special status". Not the same as Corps, but close to it since you had access to their "teachings". Along with the tapes, you got a gold name tag with your name under the U of L designation imprinted upon it. It was (imo) one more way to extract money from (yet) another "untapped" crowd there in twi that was "lurking in the wings" waiting to be recognized/ wanting to hear teachings/ and get "special credit" for it.

Can't go Corps? Don't wanna go Corps? Successful in your chosen occupation? We've got the ticket for YOU!

"Learn the ABUNDANCE of the Way Corps teaching, in the COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME".

Their audacity knew no bounds.

I remember walking by that dug out hole in the ground at the rock, I helped by giving some dough, I don't mind the dough, but it would have been cool to touch a brick; I guess I got bricked off.

You guys got taped off, that is a trip how the way gets away with this kind of behavior.