GreaseSpot Cafe

The ministry owes you nothing

OldSkool

I heard frequently that the "way international owes you nothing." And at times it was straight out of Rosalie's mouth. This wonderful little cliche was said to be at the root of people being disgruntled with the way international because they had falsely concluded that the way international owes them something. Now, I could go on about what a church owes it's congregation, or what an employer owes it's employees in fiduciary responsibility, etc.

On the flip side, I was told that "if the ship goes down then as way corps I go down with it." I was told that I stay committed to the ministry that taught me the word. And I could go on.

I thought this would be a good place to set the record straight.

I heard frequently that the "way international owes you nothing." And at times it was straight out of Rosalie's mouth. This wonderful little cliche was said to be at the root of people being disgruntled with the way international because they had falsely concluded that the way international owes them something. Now, I could go on about what a church owes it's congregation, or what an employer owes it's employees in fiduciary responsibility, etc.

On the flip side, I was told that "if the ship goes down then as way corps I go down with it." I was told that I stay committed to the ministry that taught me the word. And I could go on.

Hmmmm...ask not what the ministry can do for you, but ask what you can do for the ministry?

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

On the flip side, I was told that "if the ship goes down then as way corps I go down with it."

Did the Apostle Paul need "a ship" to fulfill his ministry of reconciliation?

More specifically, did the Apostle Paul need a layered bureaucracy with a central headquarters to demonstrate the power of God, to heal people? Along with Barnabus or whoever, Paul's ministry to the Gentiles impacted the world.

Wierwille built a MLM class model....sending forth volunteer recruiters and instructors to do the work and collect the monies. From his high post, wierwille postulated "God's will" for their lives......all the while, storing up treasures and security on earth.

Silly me.....I thought it was "Christ in YOU" the hope of glory not "Stand with the Ship" the hope of glory. Deceptively thru the years, twi moved the goal posts. The God of the New Testatment does NOT collectively move in groups!!! All scripture points to God and you....and THAT'S a majority.

Twi's talk about "ship going down"......is Jim Jones' talk.

The machinery of twi became their god.

Wierwille deceived.

Martindale deceived.

Rivenbark deceived.

Yes - I absolutely remember this. And looking back now it seems so ludicrous. Supposedly TWI is a "service organization". So if it owes nobody anything including any level of service, what exactly is its reason for existence? Right - no reason. Actually, if you go even deeper and examine this, it really is a telling factor in the overall attitude and philosophy of Rosalie as TWI's leader. Jesus said "the greatest leader is the greatest servant". Rosalie says "we owe you nothing", which would include service. Jesus worked tirelessly to save mankind. Rosalie sits on her fat @$$ and does as little as possible and owes nobody anything. She "delegates" and has everybody else do her work. She doesn't even answer her own mail!

I always thought it was hilarious how on the quarterly letter they send you itemizing your ABS contributions they whine about how the IRS requires them to state that "no tangible goods or service was provided" by TWI or something to that effect. Well, stop whining. The IRS is just requiring you to state the same thing your leader does.

Is that how it should be? People in TWI? When will you grow a clue?

"If the ship goes down as way corps I go down with it" - I spent way too many years going down with that ship. The problem with that is that it takes on water too slow, always looking like it may not sink while the water level keeps rising. And they have captains who are too stupid to avoid running the ship onto rocks.

Since we all learned in many forums that "the Word is good common horse sense", I have a better suggestion regarding ships.

"If you are on a ship that is going down because the captain is too stupid to avoid running it onto rocks, stage a mutiny and make that captain walk the plank".

See - I even maintained the same nautical figures of speech - AAARRRGGGGGH!! :spy::spy::spy:

Edited by chockfull

It's hard to believe the arrogance at times from the way international. They accept donations with the attitude that they are doing us a favor so we can "operate" the principle of giving by way of abundant sharing. And who knows where the money really goes?

It's hard to believe the arrogance at times from the way international. They accept donations with the attitude that they are doing us a favor so we can "operate" the principle of giving by way of abundant sharing. And who knows where the money really goes?

Wierwille was a narcissist.

According to his self-proclamations.......he heard the audible voice of God to teach others. He was to lead people, after nearly 2,000 years of truth-vacancy, to the great mystery. He was The One....and he had The Class.

After pfal.....here's the little booklet telling you to tithe. You owe it. Give it to "the" ministry.....without giving what is rightfully God's, you are nothing.

The Teacher

The Ministry

The Scam

Yes, it is high time someone did them the favor of putting them in a position of "operating the principle" of finding a real job. One in which you are required to provide service or produce goods in exchange for pay.

Yes, it is high time someone did them the favor of putting them in a position of "operating the principle" of finding a real job. One in which you are required to provide service or produce goods in exchange for pay.

that may be a foolhardy proposal - if needs and wants must be parallel - maybe they could be forced into a position of NEEDING a real job - but they may still be prone to not WANTING a real job....

gosh, there's so many issues in play here....even if i had the ABILITY to hire them to work for a company - more than likely i would lack the WILLINGNESS to hire them.....and even if i hired them i wouldn't know what to do with them after i hired them.

I heard frequently that the "way international owes you nothing.. . . . .

With interest.....what they owe us is probably a pretty penny.

Edited by geisha779