GreaseSpot Cafe

Harold Camping May 21 Rapture prediction

Jbarrax

I saw on TV last night that it is scheduled for 6PM..Im not sure if thats Eastern Daylight Time, Greenwich Mean Time, Western Westy Time, Great Rapture Rupture Time or something else.

What does one wear to a rapture?

casual? or is it more of a tie and jacket event?

I know Im fresh out of robes

I just heard of a guy who wants to prank everyone by taking some old clothes and laying them out downtown as if someone had just been vaporized out of 'em. That's so warped, I'm very tempted....

:D

Shaz

This item even hit the staid Radio 4 news magazine that I listen to in the morning...the presenters do actually have a rather good sense of humour.

As for me, I'm going to a farewell party tonight. My friend and her husband are emigrating to Cyprus. Nearly everyone there will be Christian, from the charity that I support and raise sponsorship for. My friend's husband is not, however, a believer. He, and the friend accompanying me, may be in for a surprise when most of the people there emigrate to some other place, without them.

...Or maybe we'll just enjoy a jolly good party and we will leave in the normal manner...on foot, taxi, car, etc.

http://www.christian...now-what-50373/

Clearly, God is a sports fan, meaning of course Baseball, and having seen the rousing competition between the Oakland A's and the SF Giants last night has decided that this season needs to continue for at least one more game. If more, we will get to see the SF and Oakland series through.

Time being such a moving target there's still time, so we'll have to see - oops! Game's on! Gotta go! (where'd socks go? he's not here anymore....!)

Not to worry, remote in hand....

I'm sure Camping will want to reward his most faithful followers who have given all their earthly possessions away by having a Return of his own, namely returning and re supplying some $$$$$ and sense. (he may have to go to outside sources for the sense but it appears he's got plenty of dough, though)

Cheers!

quote: Clearly, God is a sports fan, meaning of course Baseball, and having seen the rousing competition between the Oakland A's and the SF Giants last night has decided that this season needs to continue for at least one more game. If more, we will get to see the SF and Oakland series through.

Weren't those same 2 teams going to play each other in....Oct. of 1989??????? Maybe this time God'll finish the job. Just kidding.

It's now just after 1AM local time (00:08 GMT) on 22 January. I'm still here...

No earthquakes in the UK.

Hey, how's you guys over in the US of A? You still have a few hours to go...

Anybody reading this, or have you all gone Camping?

I agree, Bramble. I feel bad for those people who gave up their jobs. I hope their employers held them for them, just in case!

I also heard about a family where the parents believed, but their teenage children didn't. The parents spent the kids' college funds. The kids are trying to be understanding.

I've heard other "true believers" dismiss their families with, "I hope they make it into the Rapture, but if they don't, oh well, God is just." I wouldn't be surprised if Camping "raptures" himself, as I can't imagine him being able to face the people he duped.

The longing for release must be so desparate in those people to be this dogmatic. Sounds vaguely familiar....

Shaz

That may have been the plan, johniam. Giants won - Timmy Time ran the clock out at 9 full innings, looks like the Linc is back on track. The Beard stood guard but was not needed. Good game! One more to go - if the SF G's win, it'll be a sweep of the A's. The A's look ready for some pay back. Should be good. God's a good Sport so hey - maybe Camping should have checked the game schedule. Just saying....

All's quiet on the western front.....:who_me:

quote: "I was hoping for it because I think heaven would be a lot better than this earth," said Bauer, a tractor-trailer driver who began the voyage west last week, figuring that if he "worked last week, I wouldn't have gotten paid anyway, if the Rapture did happen."

Would it be a lot better???? We'll have new bodies, but we won't be perfect. We'll probably have work assignments. We'll certainly have to work with....OTHERS! Jesus might not be our direct supervisor much. With Lucifer out of the mix, then yes, it's got to be better, but during the thousand years that satan is bound, there will be body and soul people living on the earth. We'll be basically cops and social workers in our new bodies. Those are 2 of the most stressful jobs EVER!

Aww, I'm just messin' with you all. I don't know what it will be like. Remember, too, that Abraham wanted to 'speed dial' God's will once. He heard from God that he would be the father of many nations and Hagar (not Sammy) would be a convenient shortcut. That MUST be what God meant. Oops. But God's will was realized in Sarah and Issac and the return will happen sometime.

The most important thing, in my opinion, is that we do live out our time here in a manner that is well pleasing to the Lord so that whether He does return (which He will one day) or we complete our earthly "fieldwork" time in the more routine manner, we can indeed fly away O Lordy.

Anybody else ever think about all the catastrophic scenarios this would produce? Driver-less semis, careening out of control on the interstate. People on the operating table, suddenly left with no one to complete their open heart surgeries. High-rise tenants, left to burn to death while rescuers disappear into the clouds. And on and on.

Executive Summary:

The rapture did start on the 21st, but we're not spiritual enough to see it. But it's in his Bible and in his research. Too bad we can't read it in the Greek, (my words)

There will be 5 months of increasing badness for the world, ending in the real rapture on Oct 21st.

Just another sad old man that built a life around repackaging and selling scriptures.

Edited by Jim