GreaseSpot Cafe

An illusion of leadership

skyrider

The Way Tree was....An illusion of leadership.

The Way Corps was...An illusion of leadership.

The Way International is Structured Followship.....do this, do that, sing here, sit there. Everything from

signing the registration card is conditioning one to follow their instructions. Every class, every twig,

every event.....is a series of repetitive motions. By design.

They pawn their services as 'spiritual leadership'......and yet, its cookie-cutter conformity!! The leader

above them parrots instructions that the leader above him parrots, etc. etc. Obeying leadership is the Rubicon

of twi lore.....the alpha and the omega. Everything depends on it. Everything falls apart without it. You

can't question it. You can't analyze it. You must simply accept it.....because it is.

Hence the reason so many fell in a ditch....

Matt 15:14

• Upvote 1

Hence the reason so many fell in a ditch....

Matt 15:14

mstar.....yeah, if the blind lead the blind, that's what happens.

Wierwille and co. were blind leaders......and hence, thousands and thousands have fallen into the ditch.

Twi's structure is a retread of the Pharisees and is simply "an illusion of leadership." Even though

wierwille pitched his marketing strategy as the alternative to the "evil church denominations".....its still

the bland following of man-made traditions, or worse.

Fast-forward to today......and Jesus would have said to wierwille, "Ye hypocrite." [Matt 15:7]

Fast-forward to today......and Jesus would have said to wierwille, "Ye hypocrite." [Matt 15:7]

Or he would have just ignored him. If he had addressed Wierwille he may have been reproved for not following protocol.

• 5 years later...
On 1/4/2012 at 3:34 PM, Ham said:

I wonder if un-mucking the vicster's pond was engineered to be a "likeable event" as well..

:biglaugh:

but anyway.. the Illusion of leadership seemed to exist on so many levels..

how many *leadership* blew the whistle on the sexcapades, rape, adultery.. unclean behavior and the like, before they HAD TO or were forced to?

just seems to me, a leader's prime duty would be to protect those around him/her/it.

maybe they had the illusion, that an ORGANIZATION held more importance than the people it encompassed..

Ham, great post!  You are so right; leaders should protect their underlings. Some day we will all be judged for what we did on Earth.  I believe that God will give all of us what we deserve; not what we want.  I think VPW, and his minions will have to pay for their devilish deeds.  

On 1/9/2012 at 4:15 PM, WordWolf said:

twi THEMSELVES documented that vpw, as he grew up, REGULARLY vanished when it was time

to do his chores and work on the farm. (Seems that whenever he wasn't being watched,

he never did what he CLAIMED to do, and had to be watched to be trusted to do ANYTHING.)

When he discussed the idea of going into Christian ministry, his own father flatly claimed

that was a bad choice because he'd never even put in the effort for something as straightforward

as farming. (AS DOCUMENTED BY TWI.) His own brother documented vpw would vanish for hours-

then claimed that when Harry himself was unable to see him, vpw was "preaching to the trees"-

which was something Billy Graham did. But vpw himself told the corps he was never full of deep

spiritual conviction when he was growing up- he was unsure whether to choose business, music,

or preaching, according to him. He also was ready, more than once, to give up on ministry,

as documented by twi, within his first few years of preaching. Also, he himself (as documented

by twi) admitted that his entire decision to be a preacher and his time in school to prepare

for that, and his entire first year of preaching, HE DID NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE WAS THE WORD

OF GOD. So, it's plainly obvious that Harry's COVERUP was a lie. vpw ran and hid when it

was time to do chores, and he was a lazy farmer.

As documented by twi, he REGULARLY claimed that all the kids arriving in twi didn't know how

to work. That included "kids" who had already served tours of duty in the US Military.

That should raise a few eyebrows- the military puts people to work. By the time any of them

had completed Boot Camp, they'd worked harder than vpw had ever worked on the farm.

But vpw always claimed they didn't know how to work and he did- which was 2 lies.

However, it gave him the opening, the excuse, to put them to work on the farms, for which

they PAID for the privilege of doing manual labor. As we can see from this thread, some of

the non-military already had practice at working harder on a farm than vpw did.

I also think it's cute that vpw was smart enough to occasionally be seen publicly to do some

work on the farm. That may have been a show or a few minutes of work, but it went a long way

to help cover up his laziness and lies. There's still people who refuse to admit vpw was a

lazy bum of a farmer who hypocritically accused others of what he himself did.

Even when it was completely false when applied to them.

WW, Boot Camp was not fun; they worked your azz off.  I don't think VPW could have made it through; he was far too lazy.  I think VPW had opinions about things he knew nothing about.

On 1/3/2012 at 6:52 PM, skyrider said:

But hey.....even wierwille was an illusion unto himself. He "wished" he were the man he just knew he could be

if he lived up to the scriptures.

Yeah way corps training was like a movie within a movie....after reading this thread a movie came to mind - "Birdman" with Michael Keaton as a washed-up actor trying to regain the fame he once had as the action-hero Birdman - now making his Broadway debut in a play that he wrote, directed, and has the lead role.. (I think Keaton should have won an Oscar for his performance ...but anyway) ; 

throughout the movie Keaton is plagued by his old alter ego Birdman - as the winged super hero in his glory daze voicing his fears, worries, frustrations and often seems bent on destroying what is real.

I think wierwille was swallowed up in all his delusions of grandeur ; perhaps this persona he created for himself....this alternate reality he created for himself - was like Keaton's Birdman - a force nagging him...driving him to create a delusion within a delusion - create a way corps training program based on his imaginary example of great leadership- so he could prove to himself and to the world that he truly was the man of God for this day and time and hour.

...kind of a stretch ? Yeah I know...I just really wanted to talk about "Birdman"  ...great movie - you should watch it if you haven't already!...:rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
Typos

13 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Yeah way corps training was like a movie within a movie....after reading this thread a movie came to mind - "Birdman" with Michael Keaton as a washed-up actor trying to regain the fame he once had as the action-hero Birdman - now making his Broadway debut in a play that he wrote, directed, and has the lead role.. (I think Keaton should have won an Oscar for his performance ...but anyway) ; 

throughout the movie Keaton is plagued by his old alter ego Birdman - as the winged super hero in his glory daze voicing his fears, worries, frustrations and often seems bent on destroying what is real.

I think wierwille was swallowed up in all his delusions of grandeur ; perhaps this persona he created for himself....this alternate reality he created for himself - was like Keaton's Birdman - a force nagging him...driving him to create a delusion within a delusion - create a way corps training program based on his imaginary example of great leadership- so he could prove to himself and to the world that he truly was the man of God for this day and time and hour.

...kind of a stretch ? Yeah I know...I just really wanted to talk about "Birdman"  ...great movie - you should watch it if you haven't already!...:rolleyes:

VPW was a legend in his own mind.