GreaseSpot Cafe

Definition: What really IS the Ministry you owe your very life to..

Ham

Really? The whole definition sounds kinda vague to me..

so the "minstry" falls into ruins.. who assumes payment for the "debt".. offshoots? or something like that..

Maybe it is "them. You know.. they.. that is..

:biglaugh:

sowy. I'm still tying to figure all of this out. sometimes seriously, sometimes, not really.

christ..

from what I read.. they had a funeral for the hippies..

where do they all go.. join another cult or something?

I dunno..

I'll wait for a few comments, and let the thread slowly die. If that is what it needs to do..

:biglaugh:

I'm still trying to figure out.. where do some try to pay their "debt". The tithe, or abundant sharing..

looking all Creation over, for a place to give their 10, or 15 percent to give.. because, why.. they supposedly owed da way ten or fifteen percent..

Wayne was (is) cool.. I wonder if he ever really figured out where to give it to..

I don't owe my life to any stupid egotistical condescending group of morons who operate from fear tactics and demand absolute loyalty. Yes, this means you TWI, and especially you, BOD of TWI.

I owe my life to my God and my Savior Jesus Christ. And He will direct me how to serve, not some group of puffed up self-important idiots.

You know the second part of your pet phrase - "the ministry owes you nothing"??? Well, scripture says you reap what you sow, and if you sow that attitude, you know what you're going to reap? Exactly - nothing.

• Upvote 2

I don't owe my life to any stupid egotistical condescending group of morons who operate from fear tactics and demand absolute loyalty. Yes, this means you TWI, and especially you, BOD of TWI.

I owe my life to my God and my Savior Jesus Christ. And He will direct me how to serve, not some group of puffed up self-important idiots.

You know the second part of your pet phrase - "the ministry owes you nothing"??? Well, scripture says you reap what you sow, and if you sow that attitude, you know what you're going to reap? Exactly - nothing.

Yeah.....this means YOU, twi.

I take issue with that phrase "the ministry owes you nothing." Sure, it all depends what we're talking about here....but, in my opinion, I see that as those who've been entrusted to lead God's people......LEAD with the fire of the Lord. If twi's bod just want to micro-manage the people, then they haven't got a clue what the scriptures really say.

One section of the scriptures that always comes to mind when I think of TRUE spirit-filled leadership:

Act 15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Act 15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The pharisees in twi are deceiving themselves.

Yes, Chockfull.

Our loyalty and "to whom we owe our very lives to" is God, our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

And even if we had come to that through some very vibrant church, organization, preacher, brass polisher, whatever ... our loyalty should ALWAYS be towards God, our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ and NEVER with an organization.

The organization is only a platform from which to reach out, together with others who are likeminded. But the platform itself (whether TWI, the RC church, the Methodist church, the local youth group) is unimportant.

I'm not denigrating the work of any churches, some of which are excellent "platforms" and are very community minded and truly do the work of God. Which welcome people of all or no denomination and any background, rich or poor. Such "platforms" take care to give the glory to God...and mean it.