GreaseSpot Cafe

The Devil and Catch 22

chockfull

8 members have voted

1. 1. Why is the devil coming after you?

• Because you are standing on the Word
    • Because of your secret sin
    • Because he is evil.
    • Because you are dumb enough to listen to TWI leadership.

People in TWI really like to talk about the devil. The devil this, the devil that. The devil is coming after you. He really doesn't want believers to prosper. Sometimes they say he's coming after you due to your stand on the Word. But most of the time they like to blame people when they have problems - kind of like you read about in the book of Job.

So I thought I'd make up a little poll.

The devil is real. And, like God, he gets downplayed and misrepresented a lot. Many Christians seem to believe that God gives it all. If your loved one dies unexpectedly it must be the will of God. The devil is real.

Actually, the dead song friend of the devil is playing "God's advocate" if you will. Compare it with Stones' sympathy for the devil. In that song, the devil is in the first person trash talking at humanity daring anyone to try to knock him off his perch. In the dead song this 'friend of the devil' is a fugitive from jail, he's got a broken heart over a woman, and he considers it a good day if he gets any sleep. With friends like that....

Or it could be a spiritual version of Stockholm syndrome. The captor is the devil and you will suffer for him and you will like it!

Now comes the twi comparisons.

I like the common sense choice, "Because he is evil." Makes sense to me!

Me, I had to be a smart @$$ and choose

"Because you are dumb enough to listen to TWI leadership"

Edited by OldSkool

I agree with Java Jane. does that make Wierwille, Martindale, and Geer "seed boys"? :biglaugh: