GreaseSpot Cafe

Beware of false prophets

skyrider

but it sure beats the realization of decades lost

and sputtering to explain one's entrapment in western ohio's cornfields.

Ya, that was a tough pill to swallow when reality set in. I don't even tell people what I was doing during the time frame I was at HQ, except that I was working for a non-profit. I have yet to have one person ask what non-profit it was.

Yeah....part of something great....like Al Bundy reliving his moment of glory as a high school football hero.,

Here's a news flash, all you romanticisers, It was never anything great. It was just another two-bit cult, set up to profit its founder....just like a thousand other similar organizations that have faded into the obscurity of time.

But, wait!...we were THE BEST cult going at the time....VP said so.

Edited by waysider

Ahem. Just to put the record straight, I never left them .... it was they who left me!

I feel that way, too. The promise of "the accuracy of the Word" was unmet so I left. But of course it was unmet, in my opinion, because it was a mirage...

From what I've been witnessing on the web, the Wierwille legacy seems to be experiencing a substantial resurgence of support rather than fading away.. It's like an insidious virus you can never get rid of.

Where have you been hangin' out to get that impression?

Where have you been hangin' out to get that impression?

Not to answer for WS, but facebook has several groups that romanticize VPW. Then there is SOWERS. V2P2 has started his own version of TWI using the same formula his grandpappy used. It's a recipe for disaster.

Not to answer for WS, but facebook has several groups that romanticize VPW. Then there is SOWERS. V2P2 has started his own version of TWI using the same formula his grandpappy used. It's a recipe for disaster.

Exactly.

There are new groups constantly springing up on FB....Skype type fellowships...taped teachings on youtube......and even live, on-line excellor sessions.....and then there's the debacle waiting to happen in Mississippi.

but it sure beats the realization of decades lost

and sputtering to explain one's entrapment in western ohio's cornfields.

I've found some comfort in promises in scripture to help out the realization of decades lost.

Joel 2:25a I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten.

Comfort in the promises of God sure beats the heck out of rationalizing it all away and constructing statues to a moral midget.

Yeah....part of something great....like Al Bundy reliving his moment of glory as a high school football hero.,

Here's a news flash, all you romanticisers, It was never anything great. It was just another two-bit cult, set up to profit its founder....just like a thousand other similar organizations that have faded into the obscurity of time.

Ah, yes, the "mid-life crisis" and twi,

where a person's glory days depend on an organization that views them as cattle.

On a fashion note, 80s styles are coming back, too.

Where did I leave my sunglasses? I may need to wear them when passing these styles

on the street...

What..??? Are you saying that twi was NOT this great, truth-remnant, standing-in-the-gap, true household of God?

I am shocked.....shocked, I tell you.

:biglaugh: