GreaseSpot Cafe

What Maggie Muggins told us about wierwille

skyrider

Although wierwille had nearly 15 years to research, readdress, and reposition "his" pfal class from BG Leonard's class, wierwille STILL reiterates Maggie Muggins' presence. She never left. She is still there. Why is she STILL there?

Remember, wierwille sat in Leonard's class in Calgary, Alberta Canada in February 1953. According to Mrs. W's book....vpw was thrilled with this knowledge. Then, with Mrs. and Don and two carloads, wierwille returned in June/July 1953 to sit thru the class again. What a commitment and undertaking.....to leave rural Ohio and drive to Calgary, Alberta with a small group. Wierwille had obviously convinced a small few that this class was, indeed, dynamic!!

Then......THREE MONTHS LATER, in October (1953) wierwille has signed up a number of class attendees for "his" on the gifts of the holy spirit [i.e. Leonard's class]......presenting the class in Ohio with no syllabus, no class materials. Plus, those who attended the Calgary class were grads of the class and were not charged a registration fee. In other words.....yep, same class.

Nearly 15 years later, wierwille films "his" pfal class in 1967.

Maggie Muggins is still there in the class. She never left.

What does Maggie's presence tell us about wierwille?

Maggie Muggins

Nearly 15 years later, wierwille films "his" pfal class in 1967.

Maggie Muggins is still there in the class. She never left.

What does Maggie's presence tell us about wierwille?

1) Maggie was Canadian

2) Wierwille was a plagiarist

3) By definition, a plagiarist is lazy

4) Wierwille was a lazy, lazy plagiarist

5) Couldn't even come up with an American character?

6) Couldn't see how someday his plagiarism would be exposed?

7) Obviously, he didn't make Leonard's class his own

8) In 15 yrs, he couldn't adapt or improvise? Wow!

9) And, this is the guy who harped about "make it your own."

:biglaugh:

Not only did he take Leonard's work and pass it off as his own...but he never checked to see in what was presented was true. This goes beyond Maggie Muggins - - it shows that everything he heard with his "itchy ears" was passed down directly as he heard it.

How many times did we even do word studies to be sure we were reading correctly...to be sure we were getting the real deal.

This circus was translated to a farm in Ohio by a charlatan. He not only stole the "show" but he set it up not to reach people with the good things he heard, but to entice them to buy a ticket to the show.

I sincerely believe that B G Leonard had a solid and mostly factual class as far as he could ascertain. He was the man who developed a class that most likely did collect people and point them correctly where they should go. It is one of the worst tragedies that this body of knowledge was skimmed from a servant of the lord (which I believe Leonard truly was) and formed by VPW into what became a multi-level scheme to make money and manipulate people for his own pleasures and taught others to do likewise.

I don't know how much I could comment about "brother leonards" works..

I've pretty much abandoned anything "brother vic" ever had to say.

I've just never felt "led" to try to substantiate, or verify vics claims at the source.

but this is interesting.. I have read a little.. brother leonards work was to lead a participant to fulfilling their gift ministry..

then vic imitated the same. Then there were too many: too many chiefs. Too few villagers..

then it morphed into a two year or so program. Gift Ministries pretty much guaranteed. Then what.. there was a program with a year break.. and those with No Gift Ministry generally did not come back..

then what.. more changes. Finally, he took the supposed Five Ministries off of the guaranteed Corps Seal..

Frigging Hippies. You should have stayed on a course heading towards chaos. Can't tell me you've really gained anything otherwise..

really.. god bless you and all..

(some of you) looked chaos straight in the eye, and survived, once. Or twice.. or even more often..

:biglaugh:

I can understand why Leonard used Maggie Muggins....use a character the audience can identify.

But why would VPW use a character most of us had never heard of?

Yeah.....wierwillle could have used Dorothy Gale (The wizard of oz 1939)

Well, maybe not. The Kansas girl might have exposed the Ohio Oz.

I can understand why Leonard used Maggie Muggins....use a character the audience can identify.

But why would VPW use a character most of us had never heard of?

Oh, wait, don't tell me. Was it because he was a moron?

Because plagiarists lack imagination and are lazy? Or is that understood in the definition of plagiarist?

i don't know i'm getting confused. i think he should have used the girl from wendy's but maybe he did not want wow burgers to compete, you know?

Now that's better!

Unfortunately, Wendy's opened their first restaurant in 1969, two years after PFAL was filmed.

• 5 weeks later...