GreaseSpot Cafe

Why TWI Collapsed So Quickly

skyrider

EXACTLY.....

For the first 5 or 6 years, I had a zealous excitement for the rock of ages. I expected to see

joy, healing, deliverance, walking and leaping and praising God.

YET.....it didn't happen. And, especially that year when wierwille announced a healing service would

be held that night in the big top. I had high expectations of the possibilities. So, when the time

came....and wierwille called for those who sought deliverance to come forward, he stayed at the

microphone and summoned the advanced class grads to come forward to minister. Wierwille and his

top-tier leaders stood on stage and watched the proceedings. Religious hierarchy smug.....

The cRock of Ages became a smugfest of trivial pursuits for the little people.

The smug of golf cart drivers darting hither and yon....while the crowds walked in the rain and mud.

With each passing year, more mothers with babies and toddlers attended......yet, twi was stuck on stupid.

In the 1980s, the teenagers were bored out of their wits......still, the spiritual elite provided little

except a teen stage in the west woods. Oh my God.....the clueless are in charge!?! Who organizes an

event to do THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN? Answer: Wierwille and his cult.

Gawd, I miss those days of suit, tie and bible while walking thru a muddy cornfield

toward a hot, humid, hard seat in a big top oven. anim-smile.gif

An argument can easily be made from this that Wierwille stumbled upon something bigger than himself, his outrageous claim that he was taught by God and his narcissistic dreams that sparked the beginning of his cult.

But because he and his early followers didn't really have a clue as to the real reasons why it grew like it did, they couldn't keep it growing.

There's no question it collapsed. What they've got going now isn't anywhere close to what took place in the late 1960s and into the 1970s.

Evidence that "we see through a glass darkly..."

Love never fails... but predatory licentiousness always will.

Not only did VPee and his crew take their eyes off of the goal, did they really ever have them on it to begin with?

• Upvote 1

An argument can easily be made from this that Wierwille stumbled upon something bigger than himself, his outrageous claim that he was taught by God and his narcissistic dreams that sparked the beginning of his cult.

But because he and his early followers didn't really have a clue as to the real reasons why it grew like it did, they couldn't keep it growing.

There's no question it collapsed. What they've got going now isn't anywhere close to what took place in the late 1960s and into the 1970s.

Evidence that "we see through a glass darkly..."

Love never fails... but predatory licentiousness always will.

Not only did VPee and his crew take their eyes off of the goal, did they really ever have them on it to begin with?

Yeah - there's a lot to your post, Rocky – - great input!

makes me think of how we all got caught up in VP's grand delusion. And I'm reminded of two incidents – which when placed side by side reveal how shallow and phony a life I lived for the ministry.

Incident 1:

It was about a year or so before I took PFAL or even got involved with TWI. it was late at night. I just got home (lived with my parents). I was wired and freaking out - having a bad acid trip. My mind was all over the place and I could not complete a thought. I was so afraid my parents would see me like this – and was that their voices I hear upstairs talking about me now?

I don't know why I did this but I prayed to Jesus Christ. I just said "Jesus Christ help me!" and for some odd reason shortly after that I began nodding off to a peaceful night's sleep…it was the most rapid - yet calm - coming down from an acid trip I've ever experienced.. . I didn't even have to listen to the Allman Brothers, drink orange juice or anything. To this day I still love the SNL skit with Dan Aykryod doing an impression of Jimmy Carter talking down a guy having a bad acid trip .….oh yeah, I did quit doing acid after that…and not long after that I weened myself off pot too.

Incident 2:

Four or so years later…I'm witnessing at a college campus – see a young man staring at posted announcement of a lecture by this guy who can levitate himself. Not to be outdone by levitation - I launch into the Way Living in Love story of God talking to VP – God would teach VP the word and VP would then teach it to others. Here's the silly thing about this incident – the guy came to our Twig and took the class! It's awful how I feel now – if I could find him I'd try to talk some sense into him if he's still with TWI.

i have to admit that is really pathetic – instead of witnessing about a real answer to prayer I received during a personal crisis (and had nothing to do with PFAL, VP or TWI i might add) – I witness about VP. Come to think of it – I don't recall sharing many incidents of something real, some miraculous benefit that actually happened to me as a direct result of me applying what I learned from PFAL. I gave testimony to second hand miracles – alleged miracles at that. I've told you before I am not good at sales; but I could quote from the promotional video….anyway that's one of my many embarrassing stories of being caught up in VP's grand delusion. Ughhh…. no wonder it's fizzled out – how far can folks go on someone else's delusion?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...