GreaseSpot Cafe

Death by a thousand exits

skyrider

If "death by a thousand cuts" has any truth to it, then "death by a thousand exits" will be the epitaph of twi.

These past few months, more threads and posts signal the current state of affairs in twi:  1)dissenters are voicing their concerns, 2)staffers wanting to leave hq, 3)no incoming personnel to fill meager staff positions, 4)corps abruptly quitting, 5)home fellowships that are nearly dead, and 6)rfr is on another terror to purge the ranks.  Lovely.  For me, the sweet validation of leaving that cult grows stronger with each passing year.

Reading thru that thread Where's the EXIT?.......gives a clear picture of today's twi and its demise.  It portrays an ugly use-and-abuse cult that manipulates its followers from day one until they've finally had enough abuse to walk away.  And, the poster BlueCord got involved in 2010.....a way disciple, a staffer and the stench was just too much.  You know, Rosalie.....if the newbies can smell this stuff that quickly, then twi-death is nearing your doorstep.  The youngbloods know that its rotten in cultville.

Me thinks that many of the next generation......are having NONE of it.  Few ever want to follow in their parents' old-time religion and FEWER want to stay in a cult.  YET, here you are....standing at the threshold of another year [September-August]  with a measly group of incoming-corps to indoctrinate.  Give it up, Rosalie.  After 16 years of failure, how much longer do you intend to press forward against the Lord?   Rosalie, by every measurement except one [hoarding of $$$].......your head-strong stubbornness has failed.

Will you never learn?  Oh well, go ahead and plod into another year of failure......

Where is Balaam's arse when you need him?

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 2

twi is a group with no future.  It had a past/present that was based entirely on 3 things, all of which are unavailable now:

A) the scarcity of information from obscure Christians (Leonard, Stiles, Bullinger, etc.) presented as proprietary ("only WE have 'The Truth'")

B) the conman skills and showmanship of victor paul wierwille (who died decades ago)

C) capitalizing on the zeitgeist of the hippie generation, and the Jesus People therein (which stopped decades ago)

Its current existence is primarily on nostalgia for those, and on inertia.  So, twi has nothing new to offer outsiders, and does not draw significant outsiders. It used to draw lots of people. Many would stay and many would leave soon.  twi no longer has a reason for any to stay.  So, twi can't add to its members for more than a year, and it loses members from exits and from deaths, since it's a slowly aging subculture of slowly aging people.  

The group's being kept intact from the top solely because its finances can be exploited if it technically exists as a group. So, they have lots of "creature comforts" and hope enough people are clueless enough to stay and keep the group existing through the top people's retirements.  So, Rosa-lie's just buying time and "running out the clock." Donna's strategy has to be different because twi may not last through her retirement.  So, she's had twi pay for her kids' full education. Perhaps she's hoping they'll take care of her when there's no twi.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, outandabout said:

Maybe Rosie will take care of her.  Heck, maybe they'll get married now.  It's legal.  Ha ha

I'm curious to see if that happens.  Does the current monarch of twi really have that much control over their peons that she can contradict lots of twi history and have them go along with it, or would that be the penultimate straw for the "camel's back" of the remaining followers?  Would they consider that irrefutable proof that the twi they hallucinated long ago was stone-cold dead by now?  Or can she issue edicts of anything now and they'll all fall in line, obedient drones afraid to question anything?

I wonder these things.

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I'm curious to see if that happens.  Does the current monarch of twi really have that much control over their peons that she can contradict lots of twi history and have them go along with it, or would that be the penultimate straw for the "camel's back" of the remaining followers?  Would they consider that irrefutable proof that the twi they hallucinated long ago was stone-cold dead by now?  Or can she issue edicts of anything now and they'll all fall in line, obedient drones afraid to question anything?

I wonder these things.

Wouldn't it just be easier to live together and keep the mystery (of how intimate they really are) going?

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, WordWolf said:

twi is a group with no future.  It had a past/present that was based entirely on 3 things, all of which are unavailable now:

A) the scarcity of information from obscure Christians (Leonard, Stiles, Bullinger, etc.) presented as proprietary ("only WE have 'The Truth'")

B) the conman skills and showmanship of victor paul wierwille (who died decades ago)

C) capitalizing on the zeitgeist of the hippie generation, and the Jesus People therein (which stopped decades ago)

D) the mystique of wierwille and the pedestal of "THE man of God"

E) a cabal of yes-men insiders on twi-payroll and the in-house publications/machinery

• Upvote 1

"Death by a thousand exits" will continue to intensify as the ruse is exposed. 

It is quite evident that waydale and greasespot have, methodically and undeniably, exposed "the whited sepulcher" [twi].  The days of twi manipulating a majority of good-hearted people and families is over.  The internet is here.  And, finding out about "the way international" is but a google-search away.

Deception is at the very heart of wierwille's twi. By using the sordid tools of seduction......manipulation, deception, isolation, exploitation, power and control......wierwille was ensconced on a spiritual throne of his own making.  But even then, the exiting was happening during wierwille's tenure as well.  Yet, at that time, the youngbloods were feverishly witnessing day after day, week after week.......and few seemed to notice those who were heading out the door. 

Those days are long gone.  The mystique is over......and the classes are a bore.  The teachings are regurgitated enough times throughout the month that there is no meat to chew anymore.......just mashed-up mush.  Distasteful and unappealing.

"Follow the leader" is just one big pain in the azz

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

Those days are long gone.  The mystique is over......and the classes are a bore.  The teachings are regurgitated enough times throughout the month that there is no meat to chew anymore.......just mashed-up mush.  Distasteful and unappealing.

On 8/29/2016 at 9:33 AM, WordWolf said:

Its current existence is primarily on nostalgia for those, and on inertia.  So, twi has nothing new to offer outsiders, and does not draw significant outsiders. It used to draw lots of people. Many would stay and many would leave soon.  twi no longer has a reason for any to stay.  So, twi can't add to its members for more than a year, and it loses members from exits and from deaths, since it's a slowly aging subculture of slowly aging people.  

The group's being kept intact from the top solely because its finances can be exploited if it technically exists as a group. So, they have lots of "creature comforts" and hope enough people are clueless enough to stay and keep the group existing through the top people's retirements.  So, Rosa-lie's just buying time and "running out the clock." Donna's strategy has to be different because twi may not last through her retirement.  So, she's had twi pay for her kids' full education. Perhaps she's hoping they'll take care of her when there's no twi.

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

D) the mystique of wierwille and the pedestal of "THE man of God"

E) a cabal of yes-men insiders on twi-payroll and the in-house publications/machinery

WordWolf and Skyrider - great observations!

Skyrider – interesting you should say the mystique is over…I found this definition online and it fits VP/TWI to a “T” – mystique is a framework of doctrines, ideas, beliefs, or the like, constructed around a person or object, endowing the person or object with enhanced value or profound meaning online definition of mystique

Makes me think of another time when there were a lot of exits…

StarShit BlatherPrize_ver 3.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
had one of Skyrider's quotes posted twice
  • Upvote 1

Quote from BlueCord:  "Fast forward to right now. I got some news this weekend about some corp being dropped. One couple (the husband had recently been promoted to coordinate the IO department) had been fired shortly after I left HQ. He gets sent to another state. I'm not sure of the details, but this weekend I found out he was dropped from the Corp and has left the ministry. Another good friend of mine who was Corp also got dropped. The reason? He made some comments about feeling unproductive. Now here's the kicker. One of the Vice Presidents of the Way got canned also. We're talking a senior officer. So, I see all this stuff going on, and I've read all the stuff about the years under Martindale (which I didn't go through) and I think to myself "Oh my God. It's happening again". "

If I extended my analogy of "death by a thousand cuts"....... I'd say that some of these exits are knife-slashing gashes, not cuts. 

WOW....someone to coordinate the IO department is Fired.

One of the Vice Presidents of Twi is canned.

Turbulent times in da vey, again.  If corps and staff leadership are leaving, its a sure bet that the "little people" are exiting out the side doors as well.  Where did that "kinder and gentler" twi go that rosa-lie was ushering in?  Where did the prevailing go?  How many states have only two or three home fellowships?  What a mess.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

From their website today:

Board of Directors

Rev. Rosalie F. Rivenbark, Chairman
Rev. Jean-Yves De Lisle
Rev. John Rupp

Who's missing? I'm not up enough to know.  J0hn Reyn0lds used to run IO (80s and 90s, at least) and wasn't he also on the BoD more latterly?

Sometimes I find it a bit odd that D0nna isn't on the BoD but perhaps she's learned from being married to LCM.  Or maybe she gets enough of the jollies and is content to have none of the responsibility.

In passing, I note that they now have an email address to Contact Us, though it's not as easy and definitely not as anonymous as most e-contact addresses.  You have to give your name and address in full before getting to the invitation to present your query.  Death by boredom. maybe... (yawn)