GreaseSpot Cafe
skyrider

Splintering and Subjugating.......as night follows day

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

Have you ever considered that there is often (usually) more than one way to look at any given situation? And how certain are you that the situation (highlighted above in the quote of your comment) is only either/or?

There is always more than one way.  But my view is based on what I have seen and heard to date.

True, it's possible he learned from someone in the know that they will do that.  But I seriously doubt it.

14 hours ago, Taxidev said:

There is always more than one way.  But my view is based on what I have seen and heard to date.

True, it's possible he learned from someone in the know that they will do that.  But I seriously doubt it.

That's only one possibility.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:35 AM, skyrider said:

Right before our very eyes......we see the Revival and Restoration Group Phasing in a Splinter.

1. They have those weekly "teachings" that are put on their website........claiming a pseudo-mantle of teaching the word.
  2. Now......they are in the process of promoting a camp get-together next June.
  3. Then.....they will establish hierarchy in the group and push for a central location.

Voila......phasing in a splinter in 3 easy steps.   :biglaugh:

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Taxidev said:

Even though I walked away from them, I must disagree with you.  First, they've been doing large gatherings since their first year.  I know a few people who have gone and it was just like a huge limb meeting, with pre-designated teachers.  I didn't bother going.

Second, I have yet to get any indication that they want a "central location", just like they don't want anyone's money.  You are speculating unless, of course, you have received revelation that they are intending to do that.

My statements do not, in any way, mean I now support them.  But just as I have defended a certain politician, who I can't stand, I also defend them, who I have no interest in.

Taxidev, two things might help to clear this up.....

1.  I inserted this link as a reason to explain my reasoning, Phasing in a Splinter.   In expounding on phase #3.........I stated, "Phase #3 of Securing a Central Headquarters [BRC/Church].....like CFF, Finnegan's group, Hendricks group, etc......is essential.  Maybe Dottie Moynihan will open up her family wealth's checkbook and give a hefty donation.....or one of the others.  But....just to be having weekly teachings on Facebook is going to fizzle.......soon.  Teachings going out into the ethereal of humanity will NOT alone sustain the human spirit.  I highly suspect that MANY of these self-appointed corps have been planning these phases already!!! 

From all that I have gathered in studying how wierwille and other splinters garner movement.......they must operate from a "central office or headquarters."  Wierwille clearly understood this and was claiming in December 1957, even though it was a RENTAL HOME IN VAN WERT, that they had a new headquarters.  Look at all the other splinters...... like CES/STFI, CFF, S.O.W.E.R.S. or when Geer moved from Gartmore to Maine......what do all of these have in common?

If the central office is NOT established.......then, imo......those teachings are going to fizzle in impacting/building a movement.

Now, you can disagree with my assessment.......but I have historical evidence to back up this statement.

2.  As you stated....."I have YET to get any indication that they want a 'central location'......"   The operative word in this is........YET.

Maybe it will take 3 or 4 or even 5 years ........ but if they want to grow in impact, then they will need a central office and/or building.   Doug McMull!n owned property in MS and thus, S.O.W.E.R.S. was grounded in Mississippi.  Look around.  This concept is not rocket science.

Peace.

5 hours ago, skyrider said:

Taxidev, two things might help to clear this up.....

1.  I inserted this link as a reason to explain my reasoning, Phasing in a Splinter.   In expounding on phase #3.........I stated, "Phase #3 of Securing a Central Headquarters [BRC/Church].....like CFF, Finnegan's group, Hendricks group, etc......is essential.  Maybe Dottie Moynihan will open up her family wealth's checkbook and give a hefty donation.....or one of the others.  But....just to be having weekly teachings on Facebook is going to fizzle.......soon.  Teachings going out into the ethereal of humanity will NOT alone sustain the human spirit.  I highly suspect that MANY of these self-appointed corps have been planning these phases already!!! 

From all that I have gathered in studying how wierwille and other splinters garner movement.......they must operate from a "central office or headquarters."  Wierwille clearly understood this and was claiming in December 1957, even though it was a RENTAL HOME IN VAN WERT, that they had a new headquarters.  Look at all the other splinters...... like CES/STFI, CFF, S.O.W.E.R.S. or when Geer moved from Gartmore to Maine......what do all of these have in common?

If the central office is NOT established.......then, imo......those teachings are going to fizzle in impacting/building a movement.

Now, you can disagree with my assessment.......but I have historical evidence to back up this statement.

2.  As you stated....."I have YET to get any indication that they want a 'central location'......"   The operative word in this is........YET.

Maybe it will take 3 or 4 or even 5 years ........ but if they want to grow in impact, then they will need a central office and/or building.   Doug McMull!n owned property in MS and thus, S.O.W.E.R.S. was grounded in Mississippi.  Look around.  This concept is not rocket science.

Peace.

Taxidev,

I was confident Skyrider would reply. Therefore, I didn't want to speak for him. However, the expressions, "put two and two together" and "connect the dots," have been referenced (explained indirectly) to you (taxidev) in prior (other threads) discussions. This is a poignant and salient example of the Greek word, "sunesis."

From Strong's Concordance:

Cognate: 4907 sýnesis (from 4920 /syníēmi) – properly, facts joined together for holistic understanding, i.e. synthesized reasoning that joins implicit (indirect) truths for comprehension. See also 4920 (syníēmi).

For the believer, this "connects the dots" through sanctified, inductive reasoning (done under God). This positive use of 4907 /sýnesis ("synthesized understanding") occurs in: Mk 12:23; Lk 2:47; Eph 3:4; Col 1:9,22; 2 Tim 2:7.

I hope this insight comes together for you.

Edited by Rocky
add scripture links

9 hours ago, skyrider said:

I understand this, and I agree with it's most likely outcome.  But I still find it presumptuous to say this is what they will do, based on others doing it.

9 hours ago, skyrider said:

But....just to be having weekly teachings on Facebook is going to fizzle.......soon.

They have their own web site where they post the recorded teachings, and they have a dial-in setup to listen live.  Much better than Facebook.  Still, I don't see it building any significant momentum, as you brought up.  I already stepped away, I wonder how many others have.

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

I hope this insight comes together for you.

I understand sunesis, but I don't see that in this situation.  I find it presumptuous and speculative to say they will do the same thing as other splinters.  They still insist they don't want any money.  But, I am not saying they won't.  I don't know any more than anyone else at this point.  I only know what I've seen and heard of them, which is no indication that they intend to centralize a location. 

They have their inner circle of control over the group, which existed from the beginning.  In today's technical world there is no need to have a brick-and-mortar location any more than a retail outlet needs one.

9 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

I understand this, and I agree with it's most likely outcome.  But I still find it presumptuous to say this is what they will do, based on others doing it.

They have their own web site where they post the recorded teachings, and they have a dial-in setup to listen live.  Much better than Facebook.  Still, I don't see it building any significant momentum, as you brought up.  I already stepped away, I wonder how many others have.

I understand sunesis, but I don't see that in this situation.  I find it presumptuous and speculative to say they will do the same thing as other splinters.  They still insist they don't want any money.  But, I am not saying they won't.  I don't know any more than anyone else at this point.  I only know what I've seen and heard of them, which is no indication that they intend to centralize a location. 

They have their inner circle of control over the group, which existed from the beginning.  In today's technical world there is no need to have a brick-and-mortar location any more than a retail outlet needs one.

Well.......the "tried and true method" of splinter groups is to establish a central office or location.

• Central Office = spiritual authority, central planning, bookstore, material, pamphlet and newsletter distribution, collection of tithes and offerings
  • Building or Church = teaching services, events, leaders' meetings, events, reunions, children's activities, camps, etc.

If there is NO "brick-and-mortar".......then, I believe that Teachings going out into the ethereal of humanity will NOT alone sustain the human spirit. 

Also, NO class-tier structure to follow in R&R.....commitment steps 1, 2 and 3. 

These guys better "follow the yellow brick road to Oz"........or people are going to lose interest fast.  LOL

6 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I wholeheartedly believe you when you say you don't see it in this situation. There's a difference between understanding what the Greek word means and actually connecting the dots in this situation.

As a teacher once said (or maybe he said it thousands of times), "it's as plain as the nose on my face."

May the Lord open. :wink2:

Edited by Rocky

I forget which comedian explained the stages of drinking and drunkenness at a bar.  Early stages had the person keeping track of how much sleep they could get before work tomorrow morning,  and arguing against artificial turf in stadiums and so on.  Later stages had him arguing for artificial turf, and later deciding that he might as well stay up all night before work, since he was still up.    He staggered out of the bar, and was struck by the sunlight- smashing into him like God's Flashlight.  He got home, and said a prayer.  "Lord, if you get me through this, I'll never go out drinking again..."- say it with me guys- "...AS LONG AS I LIVE"-  and some of us add the coda at the end- "...and this time, I MEAN it." 

Ok, we have twi leaders who consented to the corruption, reaped its benefits, turned a blind eye to suffering, and so on.  They left twi one day, then started up their own WHOLESOME ministry-  and a few years later, the legalism started, the rules came down, the doctrine was locked,  discussion and dissent were banned,  and the money was solicited.   Then the next set of leaders did the exact same steps.  Then the NEXT set of leaders did the exact same steps.  As did the NEXT set of leaders.   But this time, now the CURRENT leaders who jumped ship, THESE are going to get it RIGHT and do the right thing and NOT make their own money-making venture, because these will succeed where all the others failed before them. 

Which poster's signature was "The lessons repeat until they are learned"? 

• Upvote 1