GreaseSpot Cafe
skyrider

Splinter Cults are WORSE........not better

I simply think we were poorly and pathetically taught.

The Splinter Groups simply cannot admit they were taught wrong. Session One? Piffle.....what corrects wrong teaching? Hah! Right teaching. And, that ain't coming from The Way no matter the Era.

I also think that's why splinter groups keep splintering further and further into the Wild Blue Yonder: It appears to me that the Splinter Groups believe they were taught correctly, ALMOST, but, like a Cook, this needs more salt, hmmmm, some more of this, or that. Then, we'll have this Manifestions of the Spirit stuff cooking, our Walk by the Spirit, and the Word will move. Well, I'd love to see that, but, I doubt it.

Nope. Sorry. Your Foundation is a mess, IMO,  designed poorly, and the exclusion of the Chief Cornerstone was a fundamental mistake. Go back. Make a course correction. Raze your building, and start over, or do some costly repair work. And, costly it will be, I assure you, but better.

These daze, my opinion is that if you cannot or will not sincerely try to practice the "Sermon on the Mount," or other sayings of Jesus, then SIT DOWN and SHUT UP.

One more thing: Splinter Groups that we may know will never change what they are teaching- they have too much time and effort invested in their writings, publications, events, websites, people, organization, and so forth, to CHANGE their "theological" positions. After all, some have their "doctorates" now, and an honest reevaluation of their positions after 40 years would be nearly impossible it seems. 

It is out of the question for some to consider that we were instructed so terribly and anemically in comparison to other Fundamentalist Christian groups (if that is one's ilk): Baptists, Reformed Theology, other Biblical Literalists like RC Sproul, Al Mohler, and John Piper- they can dismantle the Ways "teachings" easily because they were schooled well, and ours was developed by a POS who was a shallow thinker, but a good salesman. Oh, let us not forget Dr. John Juedes.

BTW, I have seen the claims that they went to Seminary now to explain away, bury,  the three brutal years of corpse doggy doodoo brainwashing.  An Ex-Way claiming Seminary? Weren't we taught to despise Seminaries? Why did they say this, then? To bolster their authority or credibility? And one of those  didn't even know what Eschatology was, and that by abandoning Dispensationalism, as he said he sorta' did,  the entire Eschatological viewpoints change or vanish. So much for the critical thinking in YOUR realm of studies. Doctorates?

I am very fond of the folks I met in those years, I truly am. Isn't there an adage out there that goes something like "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?" My insanity that led, in part, to my many woes over the last 40 years was just that: trying to get Way doctrine to work. It simply didn't, and, for me, and caused me great harm and loss.

Fare Thee Well to all Way offshoots.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, engine said:

I simply think we were poorly and pathetically taught.

The Splinter Groups simply cannot admit they were taught wrong. Session One? Piffle.....what corrects wrong teaching? Hah! Right teaching. And, that ain't coming from The Way no matter the Era.

I also think that's why splinter groups keep splintering further and further into the Wild Blue Yonder: It appears to me that the Splinter Groups believe they were taught correctly, ALMOST, but, like a Cook, this needs more salt, hmmmm, some more of this, or that. Then, we'll have this Manifestions of the Spirit stuff cooking, our Walk by the Spirit, and the Word will move. Well, I'd love to see that, but, I doubt it.

Nope. Sorry. Your Foundation is a mess, IMO,  designed poorly, and the exclusion of the Chief Cornerstone was a fundamental mistake. Go back. Make a course correction. Raze your building, and start over, or do some costly repair work. And, costly it will be, I assure you, but better.

Why do splinter groups keep splintering further and further into the Wild Blue Yonder?

1. Highly aggressive (narcissistic) cult individuals have NO other lanes to run in.....but the cult lane.
  2. No credentials, no academic achievements, no professional experience......no desire to start at bottom rung.
  3. Starting a splinter group.......keeps them from facing the reality of their pitiful, petty cult fantasy world.
  4. Must cling to wierwille-brand......otherwise, they lose their base of renewed-mind (LOL) followers.
  5. Splinter group leader........sets himself on payroll for life  (if he can keep others paying tithes and jumping hoops).
  6. The cult leaders are NOT going to "make a course correction".........why should they?  They are self-serving.
  7. False prophets/teachers......their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness.

"Splinter Groups" [False prophets and priests].......are nothing new, date back to the days of old.

Jeremiah chapter 23 gives an apt description of what the Lord God of Israel thinks about them.

"The Way is a fellowship of the followers of the Lord Jesus Christ for the manifestation of the more abundant life. A follower of The Way is filled with and manifests power from on high, holy spirit, and freely avails himself of fellowship meetings for spiritual nurture and growth. The Way fellowship is cemented together by the Spirit of God with each individual believer being transformed by the renewing of his mind according to the Word of God."

TRANSLATION:

• The Way Ministry is a pyramid scheme, where the top Pharaoh/Pharisee mandates policy, and the workers obey with daily tasks of servitude.  The servant-follower obeys the chain-of-command by adhering to teachings, classes and home-group meetings of weekly conformity.  The Way Group masks its coercion and cohesion by utilizing scripture and factions of pseudo-Christianity to entice new recruits.  The deeper chambers of this pyramid reveal that all of these workers and their servitude is for the leisure, lust and longevity of the man-god ruling over them.

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, skyrider said:

I find it incredulous that believers (cough, cough)....indoctrinated followers STILL are trapped in this mindset.  Don't they read others books and material besides the wierwille books and class syllabi?  Don't they have an independent thought that they can call their own?  How rigid and boring it must be to go thru life having others dictate the boundaries of your existence (rut).

My life experience both in TWI and outside of it has shown me that there are many people that prefer to be led.  That's why there are still so many people involved with TWI and all of the offshoots.  They either don't want to, or don't know how to, do their own research.  And I mean real research, not re-searching what was published by TWI or the offshoots.  (That was such a stupid concept)

Several months ago I stepped away from R&R.  I can't even bring myself to listen to the recorded teachings on their web site.  Instead, a few of us just get together and actually research topics of interest to the group, or if one of us has been working on something and wants help with it then we do that together.  The give and take is wonderful, and it is done without anyone having authority of any sort.  Sometimes, we reach a consensus, and we leave there electrified!

I can honestly say of the 20+ years going to fellowship I never left feeling electrified.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

My life experience both in TWI and outside of it has shown me that there are many people that prefer to be led.  That's why there are still so many people involved with TWI and all of the offshoots.  They either don't want to, or don't know how to, do their own research.  And I mean real research, not re-searching what was published by TWI or the offshoots.  (That was such a stupid concept)

Several months ago I stepped away from R&R.  I can't even bring myself to listen to the recorded teachings on their web site.  Instead, a few of us just get together and actually research topics of interest to the group, or if one of us has been working on something and wants help with it then we do that together.  The give and take is wonderful, and it is done without anyone having authority of any sort.  Sometimes, we reach a consensus, and we leave there electrified!

I can honestly say of the 20+ years going to fellowship I never left feeling electrified.

I agree, it seems quite apparent in many areas of society and culture that there are "plenty of people (who) prefer to be led." There are plenty of other examples in societies and cultures these days -- not limited to twi and offshoots thereof.

Bravo for you that you study and re-search bible stuff with a small group of friends.

A caveat I would add, that you probably have already thought of -- don't translate ANY of your re-search into dogmas that others must follow. :wink2:

Further, perhaps you might find studying (and searching or re-searching) other, not necessarily limited to biblical, topics also electrifying. Some might also provide exciting insights into what might indirectly relate to "things of God."

Just a few thoughts, FWIW. :beer:

On 9/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, Rocky said:

Further, perhaps you might find studying (and searching or re-searching) other, not necessarily limited to biblical, topics also electrifying. Some might also provide exciting insights into what might indirectly relate to "things of God."

Interesting that you bring this up.  My friend and I have been looking at quantum physics and, as it turns out, it fits perfectly with what Jesus Christ said about believing, and also what it says in Psalms about guarding your heart because out of it are the issues of life.

I have always believed that science is pretty good at explaining how things work.  For example, chemistry explains the reactions of mixing certain chemicals, and physics explains action/reaction.  But until recently they couldn't tell us why, at the root of it, these things work this way.  But quantum physics points out very clearly that there is a spiritual energy in everything.

So, while the bible tells us what to do and the benefits of that, quantum physics is now explaining what is happening at the microscopic level and smaller.  Invisible, in fact.  And from what I've seen so far there is nothing indirect about the relationship to "things of God".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Interesting that you bring this up.  My friend and I have been looking at quantum physics and, as it turns out, it fits perfectly with what Jesus Christ said about believing, and also what it says in Psalms about guarding your heart because out of it are the issues of life.

I have always believed that science is pretty good at explaining how things work.  For example, chemistry explains the reactions of mixing certain chemicals, and physics explains action/reaction.  But until recently they couldn't tell us why, at the root of it, these things work this way.  But quantum physics points out very clearly that there is a spiritual energy in everything.

So, while the bible tells us what to do and the benefits of that, quantum physics is now explaining what is happening at the microscopic level and smaller.  Invisible, in fact.  And from what I've seen so far there is nothing indirect about the relationship to "things of God".

excellent observation! Keep on learning!  :knuddel:

On 9/13/2019 at 11:34 PM, Taxidev said:

It's the difference between watching a cooking show, and cooking dinner.  It's the difference between watching a show about helping someone, and going out to help someone.  You're taking an active role in your own life- something contrary to twi and R&R.   Feel subversive?  Feel more powerful?