GreaseSpot Cafe

African sojourner to the USA

Allan

58 minutes ago, Allan said:

can anybody remember the name of the African who a couple of centuries ago made it to America on a quest to know more about Jesus ? VP and LCM have years ago mentioned his story ? much appreciation in advance !

Did you try google?

Never heard this one, Allan.

But if it's something promoted by VPW, I wonder if the "African" arrived during a snowstorm at a gas station in Ohio?

7 hours ago, Raf said:

I remember this. I think the guy's name was Perseus, and he had a flying horse.

I'm not saying this sounds like a myth, but I'm not saying it doesn't. Because it does.

Thanks for your intelligent input again Raf

14 hours ago, WordWolf said:

If I had more information, I'd know where to start.   I didn't hear about this.

What's EVERYTHING you remember about this, no matter how trivial?

will dig around myself more...just remember VP talking about him....came to the States from Africa late nineteenth century after God had instructed him to go there to learn more about the Word of God...nothing to do with twi but he was brought up I guess because of his believing...I may email a couple of former clergy and ask as well.

Very interesting.

Imagine if such a fellow had fallen into the hands of TWI.  His faith would quickly have been squashed under their legalism.  However, having assisted his escape once, It's certain God would assist him in escaping again.

It's a question worth asking ourselves.  How far are we really ready to go, for our faith?  What are we really ready to do?

49 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Very interesting.

Imagine if such a fellow had fallen into the hands of TWI.  His faith would quickly have been squashed under their legalism.  However, having assisted his escape once, It's certain God would assist him in escaping again.

It's a question worth asking ourselves.  How far are we really ready to go, for our faith?  What are we really ready to do?

John Lewis, recently passed away, answered that question many times. He's the subject of Jon Meacham's bio book to be released on August 25th. His Truth is Marching On.

Sorry, but if this story ended "and that's how he became a Muslim" no one would entertain any possibility it was true.

But ok, it wasn't something VPW or LCM made up. I was wrrrrrrr. I was wrrrrrRrrrrRrrRRrRRRR.

WordWolf, a hand here?

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2020 at 5:31 AM, Twinky said:

Never heard this one, Allan.

But if it's something promoted by VPW, I wonder if the "African" arrived during a snowstorm at a gas station in Ohio?

Covid., whew!!  It's a good thing, I don't drink coffee!!  I'm afraid, I might have gone all over the place, after reading your post!  Remember when VPW claimed there was a snow storm in August (?), at the gas station in Ohio?  Horse Hockey!!  I knew he lied about that.  I have seen hale in summer.  It doesn't last long, but it can be destructive; like VPW.  Thanks again Twinky, for making me laugh!!

Just now, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Covid., whew!!  It's a good thing, I don't drink coffee!!  I'm afraid, I might have gone all over the place, after reading your post!  Remember when VPW claimed there was a snow storm in August (?), at the gas station in Ohio?  Horse Hockey!!  I knew he lied about that.  I have seen hale in summer.  It doesn't last long, but iDant can be destructive; like VPW.  Thanks again Twinky, for making me laugh!!

Dang, I meant to write Twinky!!