Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe

African sojourner to the USA


Recommended Posts

can anybody remember the name of the African who a couple of centuries ago made it to America on a quest to know more about Jesus ? VP and LCM have years ago mentioned his story ? much appreciation in advance !

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Allan said:

can anybody remember the name of the African who a couple of centuries ago made it to America on a quest to know more about Jesus ? VP and LCM have years ago mentioned his story ? much appreciation in advance !

Did you try google?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan said:

yes but confessedly I'm unsure what to even type in ??!!

 

If I had more information, I'd know where to start.   I didn't hear about this.

What's EVERYTHING you remember about this, no matter how trivial?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard this one, Allan.

But if it's something promoted by VPW, I wonder if the "African" arrived during a snowstorm at a gas station in Ohio?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember this. I think the guy's name was Perseus, and he had a flying horse.

I'm not saying this sounds like a myth, but I'm not saying it doesn't. Because it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raf said:

I remember this. I think the guy's name was Perseus, and he had a flying horse.

I'm not saying this sounds like a myth, but I'm not saying it doesn't. Because it does.

Thanks for your intelligent input again Raf

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WordWolf said:

If I had more information, I'd know where to start.   I didn't hear about this.

What's EVERYTHING you remember about this, no matter how trivial?

 

will dig around myself more...just remember VP talking about him....came to the States from Africa late nineteenth century after God had instructed him to go there to learn more about the Word of God...nothing to do with twi but he was brought up I guess because of his believing...I may email a couple of former clergy and ask as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting.

Imagine if such a fellow had fallen into the hands of TWI.  His faith would quickly have been squashed under their legalism.  However, having assisted his escape once, It's certain God would assist him in escaping again.

It's a question worth asking ourselves.  How far are we really ready to go, for our faith?  What are we really ready to do?

Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think he did this all in 2 years, between the age of 18 and 20. To be fair, though, I think it's only right to give some credit, as well, to his giant blue ox named Babe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Very interesting.

Imagine if such a fellow had fallen into the hands of TWI.  His faith would quickly have been squashed under their legalism.  However, having assisted his escape once, It's certain God would assist him in escaping again.

It's a question worth asking ourselves.  How far are we really ready to go, for our faith?  What are we really ready to do?

John Lewis, recently passed away, answered that question many times. He's the subject of Jon Meacham's bio book to be released on August 25th. His Truth is Marching On.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but if this story ended "and that's how he became a Muslim" no one would entertain any possibility it was true.

But ok, it wasn't something VPW or LCM made up. I was wrrrrrrr. I was wrrrrrRrrrrRrrRRrRRRR.

 

WordWolf, a hand here?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...