GreaseSpot Cafe

The "Second Wave" of returning to PFAL has started

Mike

5 hours ago, T-Bone said:

yeah but not just any number - it's the product of 6 and 7

now - does anyone have a problem with that? well, to be honest - I do...because it's a mathematical problem !

Sometimes when I came across a math problem that was unclear to me, I would look at it in light of similar math problems that were clear to me.

Sorry you had to wait this long for the interpretation of puns:

”and know my children, you should go fishing in the babbling brook in this day and time and hour…that is all…Holy Spirit out”

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Alright so I’m gill-ty of failing to tackle that verse.

hmmmm seems like I should get extra points for the double entendre post super bowl 

As pointed out in the DTA class, it's a spiritual competition.  The only thing that matters in life is winning.

I will "spot" you an upvote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

As pointed out in the DTA class, it's a spiritual competition.  The only thing that matters in life is winning.

I will "spot" you an upvote.

Thanks I'll pay you back in full soon - right now all I have is a fin

• Like 1

This is getting reely silly.

Trying to cod us all like that!  This is not the plaice for it!  But I suppose someone will be carping on soon about spiritu-reel competition.

Edited by Twinky
Do I need one?
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I think this thread has jumped the shark…if this goes on much longer Roy Scheider said  “ I think you’re gonna need a bigger thread.”

The opening post says 99% of the woes are due to us not getting it right.  Your sharky remark is a reminder that all these waves has many of us PFAL nay-sayers foaming.  Thus, caste your inter-net on the right side, and you will indeed need a bigger thread. (John 21:6)

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Thus, cast your inter-net on the right side, and you will indeed need a bigger thread. (John 21:6)

Therefore, the answer to life is not 42 but 153 (John 21:10).

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

The opening post says 99% of the woes are due to us not getting it right.  Your sharky remark is a reminder that all these waves has many of us PFAL nay-sayers foaming.  Thus, caste your inter-net on the right side, and you will indeed need a bigger thread. (John 21:6)

91swoQioQcL._SX425_.jpg

A line from Sharky’s Machine may work here...

Sharky: You know Frisco, when we used to flush the toilet upstairs, we always wondered where it came to...

23 minutes ago, Twinky said:

John 21: 10 & 11:
10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter climbed back into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.

...many, many years later...

1416353938104.jpg

You know times have changed when a celebrity just doing a simple “backshot” with champagne breaks the net.

36 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

91swoQioQcL._SX425_.jpg

A line from Sharky’s Machine may work here...

Sharky: You know Frisco, when we used to flush the toilet upstairs, we always wondered where it came to...

I went to see Sharky's Machine a few times in a theater when I was serving a wow year in OH. Loved that movie.

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

I went to see Sharky's Machine a few times in a theater when I was serving a wow year in OH. Loved that movie.

I liked him on Gunsmoke, Sharky’s , Best Little whore house and of course Deliverance.

speaking of movies when we were WOWs

I was WOW in DC 1975-76...going to the movies was a real treat ! I still remember the ones our WOW family went to see...I'll list them according to what I liked - #1 being the best ( "be best:biglaugh:  ) - - or I mean in order of what I liked the most:

1. All the President's Men

2. THX-1138  (an older movie playing at some nostalgic theater)

3. The Pink Panther Strikes Again

4. Mother, Jugs & Speed 

Edited by T-Bone
T-Bone editor strikes again

On 2/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, Bolshevik said:

Sometimes when I came across a math problem that was unclear to me, I would look at it in light of similar math problems that were clear to me.

Hmmm sometimes when I come across math problems that are unclear to me they look remarkably similar to other math problems which are also unclear to me.

:doh:

Does this mean I have recovered from the keys to the maths interpretation?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:42 PM, T-Bone said:

yeah but not just any number - it's the product of 6 and 7

now - does anyone have a problem with that? well, to be honest - I do...because it's a mathematical problem !

On 2/13/2022 at 8:08 PM, Bolshevik said:

On 2/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, waysider said:

42 is the number of times you can get away with saying "Lo Shanta Lo Maka See Tay Beep Beep Boop" before someone realizes you're really just babbling.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:02 PM, Twinky said:

On 2/14/2022 at 6:29 PM, Bolshevik said:

image.png

This is just the tip of the iceberg  . . . Twinky is declared the winner.  Cause math.

14 hours ago, chockfull said:

Hmmm sometimes when I come across math problems that are unclear to me they look remarkably similar to other math problems which are also unclear to me.

:doh:

Does this mean I have recovered from the keys to the maths interpretation?

In addition to other negatives of the class, I thought I  heard the “Teacher” say he had a non-denominational group but I think it was a Faustian slip – he was talking about the  lowest common denominator – i.e. his signature intuition which simplifies adding, subtracting, and comparing fractions of different belief systems like fundamentalism, spiritualism, and Gnosticism. 

The Green Book asked the question “Why Division?” – duh - that’s easy – the “Teacher” always preferred to divide and conquer – by repetitive subtraction he broke up families, friends, and subordinates…that’s how cult-leaders maintain control over their subordinates -  by encouraging dissent between them, thereby preventing them from uniting in opposite numbers to him.

Eventually I realized what the phrase “numbers racket” meant. It was the constant drone of a loud and confusing noise the “Teacher” made shouting “send more money.” A numbers racket is an illegal use of plagiarized material where players buy chances to win the more abundant life. PFAL is one of the longest running schemes that has redefined value mathematics as the result of an incalculable risk to “bet the farm” on the numero uno cult-leader who lived on a farm in Ohio….and for that we were constantly berated…there must be fifty ways to crucify your followers.

39 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Now we see HOW VPWs Word fits with a mathematical exactness and scientific precision.

:spy:

and a shoehorn and ethics insurance 

:rolleyes:

Yes :eusa_clap:  

... it fits like his hand in your pocket (eeeeewww double-creepy) …he wanted our undivided attention for his “rightly-divided” message – that believing equals receiving when it comes to the formula for deceiving – it was the exponential growth of his coffer at the square root of a diseased tree – a number which produces an unspecified quantity when error is multiplied by itself. As they say in the gaming industry – it’s not a zero-sum game cuz it’s one person's loss in a transaction is another person's gain…somehow it all adds up – he was a shyster extraordinaire!

Edited by T-Bone
2+ 2 = 4 editors
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Thanks - I like how you tipped the scales back to the other off-topic…that’s always a plus

On 5/6/2021 at 12:04 PM, Mike said:

. . .

From 2002-2008 I was an advocate here that we return to PFAL to see how much we missed the first time(s), and to see how much we forgot or drifted from. I am convinced that 99% of all the woes reported here are due to us all NOT GETTING IT RIGHT  the first times.
. . 

Just wanted to weigh in, so as not to bait and switch the topic at hand in a glove . . . do not ADD to Da Verd.