GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

To combat vaccine hesitancy, we need to grasp its psychological roots. Alongside skepticism of institutions and experts, exposure to misinformation, and other often-cited reasons for resisting vaccines sits a clear emotional explanation: Many people are afraid that they’ll make a bad decision. They’re influenced by the psychology of anticipated regret. Understanding this reaction can help us get more shots into arms, removing one of the final obstacles to controlling the virus.

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

The "about us" page for that website has several articles with Ben Carson's picture on them.

When I did an internet search on the phrase "Taiwan Halts 2nd Dose of Pfizer Covid-19 Jab for 12-17 Year Olds" the only source cite I recognized was rt.com (Russia Today).

IOW, I question the source of this report.

What google link do you use ? Rocks ? lol...my google search came up with plenty including the Taiwan News (Taiwans own major newspaper)...I think they'd get it straight right ?!

40 minutes ago, Allan said:

What google link do you use ? Rocks ? lol...my google search came up with plenty including the Taiwan News (Taiwans own major newspaper)...I think they'd get it straight right ?!

Just because the site uses Taiwan in it's URL/name, you think it's credible? Is that the only test you know how to apply in your "critical analysis" to get at facts? If so, that's kinda lame.

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Just because the site uses Taiwan in it's URL/name, you think it's credible? Is that the only test you know how to apply in your "critical analysis" to get at facts? If so, that's kinda lame.

I can understand your 'wishing it wasn't so' after encouraging the Grandkids to go get the 'shot' !! BUT, if Taiwan News (Taiwans own Media group) is distrustful to you then you're well and truly down the 'covid' hole :nono5:

21 minutes ago, Allan said:

I can understand your 'wishing it wasn't so' after encouraging the Grandkids to go get the 'shot' !! BUT, if Taiwan News (Taiwans own Media group) is distrustful to you then you're well and truly down the 'covid' hole :nono5:

Taiwan News is one of the most widely visited English-language portals for news about Taiwan, offering the outside world a revealing look at all things ...
Politics · ‎World · ‎Society · ‎Business

Seems pretty 'legit' to me !!!

25 minutes ago, Allan said:

Dude, you have no idea what critical analysis or critical thinking skills are all about. I'm not interested in your bait. You have no idea who owns which news reporting agency. 

If you really are so interested in knowing when the US sneezes, you'd tap into key US news sites.

You don't. You're a fraud.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

Taiwan has temporarily halted second doses for 2 weeks while it further assesses data.

This is a long way from your implication they've found it to be unsafe.

No implication at all, you're getting hysterical now ! :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Dude, you have no idea what critical analysis or critical thinking skills are all about. I'm not interested in your bait. You have no idea who owns which news reporting agency. 

If you really are so interested in knowing when the US sneezes, you'd tap into key US news sites.

You don't. You're a fraud.

grasping at straws there my friend...which 'key' US news sites do you recommend 'Rockstar Grandpa' ? CNN ? MSN ? New York times ? And don't tell me, your fave News 'Anchor' is Don Lemon ? Cuomo ?

Edited by Allan
add text

11 minutes ago, waysider said:

Taiwan has temporarily halted second doses for 2 weeks while it further assesses data.

This is a long way from your implication they've found it to be unsafe.

Ah yes, of course, and no-ones 'guessing' outcomes as they go along...are they ? I mean, as you said, the testings all been done, been given the thumbs up and good to go yeah ? The medical experts and Big Pharma all know and are sure this is all working out as planned yeah ?....and my names Dorothy Owens and I'll show you how to eat corn cob with a knife and fork lol

21 minutes ago, waysider said:

As with any treatment or vaccine, data continues to be collected and evaluated even after it's been released for use. This is called phase 4. 

Well, excuse my vulgarity but THIS particular phase 4 SUCKs if kids and adolescents dying of myocarditis and pericarditis is how they do their trials ! and in answer to you requesting 'clarity' on my view of this, I don't know how much clearer I could be. I think anyone that has rushed out to get this covid shot AND then rushed their kids and grandkids to do the same is a 'covidiot'....

9 hours ago, waysider said:

I was kinda bummed when I didn't be come magnetic. That would have been awesome!

Me too…I was hoping for some kind of superpower – maybe not as stupendous as Magneto – but just enough so I could move the car that’s in my parking space.OIP.rrWbSoZc-4rHw-odecP9QQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

OSHA, the same secret organization requiring many to wear helmets.  . . . Is responsible for these demanding mandates . . .

OSHA requires helmets . . . Magneto wears a helmet . . .

Hands fit in gloves . . . OSHA requires PPE . . . Indeed