GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

25 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Thanks for posting that video !

Even though your challenge wasn’t addressed to me, I decided to listen to it anyway because I am familiar with Professor Seheult and his impressive career…the video is very informative…and NOWHERE in the video does he dismiss getting the vaccine and NOWHERE in the video does he suggest or recommend  a vitamin-D regimen as an alternative to getting the vaccine…So after watching it I reread this challenge/post of yours and was really puzzled:

Why did you address your challenge of picking apart the video to "In big pharma we trust" followers ?

Did you watch the video all the way through yourself?

What do you think was the point of his video?

I am curious as to your intention with posting the video – and  -  I’m willing to give you the benefit of a doubt if you could reasonably explain why your summons to pick apart the video is based on anything other than your display of a lack of good listening skills and/or  illogic.

For anyone else who follows  Seheult’s  work there are a couple of other links you might enjoy:
click   here   this is a lengthy podcast but well worth a listen – in an interview Seheult discusses Covid-19, vaccines and various therapies.

and   here  in a July 2021 video Seheult discusses the effectiveness of 4 major vaccines against the Delta variant.

This thread reminded me of an encounter at my doc’s office building early this year. Going into the doctor’s office was like entering another world: signs outside saying to wear a mask, if you have any flu-like symptoms to call this number and you will go around to another entrance and it further explains the hi-tech CDC hazmat suit and protocols that are followed, inside there’s a no-contact temp reading station and you get issued a sticker with your temp on it, Plexiglas shields at the receptionist counter, social-distance label markers on the floor, part of an adjacent hallway sectioned off with clear plastic and duct tape, hand-sanitizer stations in the hallways and waiting room.

Another patient and I were the only ones in the spacious waiting area – we were about 15 feet apart sitting perpendicular (me on back row of chairs and him on the right-side row) – both of us wearing masks.  Since I was second to enter the waiting room, I thought I’d make a casual comment about all the new protocols at the office – I just said “wow this sure is different.” (I figured my brief comment might start a friendly conversation…boy, was I wrong). 

The guy gives a big snort of derision and then pulls his mask off and starts talking about all this nonsense is just making some people richer and we’re paying for it and this new administration is just letting them have at it, and blah blah blah politics blah blah blah politics blah blah blah…To say this “conversation” was one-sided is not a figure of speech – I literally did not say one thing the whole time this guy was holding a one-person political rally in the doctor’s waiting room. 

Fortunately for me I’ve already developed heard-immunity to cult-talk – it doesn’t even go through one ear and out the other –  since I listened to crap like that for 12 years in TWI and realized that stuff doesn’t just go through you – it lays eggs and problems develop – cult-mindset – emotional and intellectual baggage…once I got rid of the flotsam and jetsam of heard-stink…which is like group-think…heard-stink is the unpleasant, scandalous, pontificating, conspiratorial sounds of cult-indoctrination… …fyi: heard-immunity is based upon the proper functioning of the complex operations (cognitive skills)  inside the cranial fortress. I’m no social butterfly but I am really put off by people who lack the sensitivity and courtesy …or social barometer – to gauge where I’m at on some issue – especially if we’ve just crossed paths at some neutral territory – the doc’s waiting room was NOT a political rally. 

Since I kept my mask on, he couldn’t see the expression on my face – which by the way, was a scrunched-up mouth as if I had got a taste of some rancid Kool-Aid – my mouth was that way during his entire conspiratorial-political-science-denying-soliloquy. He seemed undeterred by my lack of response – a few times I even looked down and shook my head in disgust.

Interesting....Bolshvik, Waysider and yourself seem to have swapped one cult for another !! The cult of covid !! Bolshevik and Waysider both posted "they check the covid cases daily" (swap 'daily' for 'religiously') There seems to be an obsession with it, hence the zealousness to 'get everyone vaccinated' (swap 'vaccinated' for 'signed up')...I'm seriously concerned for you people !! TWI used fear tactics, love bombing, intellectual arguments, bagging and repudiating of alternative groups to present themselves as the only savior for mankind....blind obedience to the 'man of God for our day and time' has been swapped for 'blind obedience to big Pharma and the Government.
I know leaving TWI left a big spiritual vacuum in some of your lives, I'm just very surprised at WHAT you have filled that vacuum with !!!

15 hours ago, Rocky said:

At this point, you obviously KNOW that you've been putting forth arguments (statements of position). Point of fact, you apparently want me to argue your position: 

Even though you clearly try to get readers and fellow commenters to believe (gaslighting us) that you're not doing that.

Again, WHY should anyone give you an hour (that they can never get back) of their lives to watch a video you refuse to entice us with any reason (teasers) to do so?  Simple question, yes? :wink2:

again, I'll ask, do you believe in man made global warming ? I don't, just as I don't believe in the efficacy of the covid jab !

6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Far more people have been vaccinated than have had Covid.

I can walk down the street and point to houses where Covid killed someone.

I cannot walk down the street and point to houses where the vaccine killed someone.

well, thats a very nonchalant and rather 'cold' statement considering the post !

5 hours ago, waysider said:

52 year old local contractor, Joe Baloneyface, got vaccinated and, 2 weeks later, was squashed by a steam roller.

Coincidence? I think not. (sarc)

And you call this "critical thinking"?

You say you've had Covid  twice already. Where is the preventative value of the regimen you've been following?

Well, that seems like a pretty strong argument for vaccinating as many people as possible so we give the virus less opportunities to mutate.

Our full understanding of mid to long term consequences of anything will always be somewhat limited. But, ZERO? That's simply not honest.

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be linked to the strict lock-down measures, could it?

in reverse order, no, because lockdowns have been proven statistically to not work, believe me hun, it's the Sunshine (thats why they tried to keep people INDOORS :)
Enjoy getting vaccinated every year then, like the flu shot (that doesn't work because it's always a year behind the latest mutant variety)...enjoy being a human trial rat for every seasonal adjusted jab.
52 year old Joe Baloneyface died from being run over by a steam roller. Had he not been vaccinated he would 'surely' have died FROM (not with) covid lol

7 minutes ago, Allan said:

Interesting....Bolshvik, Waysider and yourself seem to have swapped one cult for another !! The cult of covid !! Bolshevik and Waysider both posted "they check the covid cases daily" (swap 'daily' for 'religiously') There seems to be an obsession with it, hence the zealousness to 'get everyone vaccinated' (swap 'vaccinated' for 'signed up')...I'm seriously concerned for you people !! TWI used fear tactics, love bombing, intellectual arguments, bagging and repudiating of alternative groups to present themselves as the only savior for mankind....blind obedience to the 'man of God for our day and time' has been swapped for 'blind obedience to big Pharma and the Government.
I know leaving TWI left a big spiritual vacuum in some of your lives, I'm just very surprised at WHAT you have filled that vacuum with !!!

Reductio ad Hitlerum

Joke so reductio ad Hitlerum, that it also is Hitler - Imgur

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Thanks for posting that video !

Even though your challenge wasn’t addressed to me, I decided to listen to it anyway because I am familiar with Professor Seheult and his impressive career…the video is very informative…and NOWHERE in the video does he dismiss getting the vaccine and NOWHERE in the video does he suggest or recommend  a vitamin-D regimen as an alternative to getting the vaccine…So after watching it I reread this challenge/post of yours and was really puzzled:

Why did you address your challenge of picking apart the video to "In big pharma we trust" followers ?

Did you watch the video all the way through yourself?

What do you think was the point of his video?

I am curious as to your intention with posting the video – and  -  I’m willing to give you the benefit of a doubt if you could reasonably explain why your summons to pick apart the video is based on anything other than a display of a lack of good listening skills and no logical correlation.

For anyone else who follows  Seheult’s  work there are a couple of other links you might enjoy:
click   here   this is a lengthy podcast but well worth a listen – in an interview Seheult discusses Covid-19, vaccines and various therapies.

and   here  in a July 2021 video Seheult discusses the effectiveness of 4 major vaccines against the Delta variant.

This thread reminded me of an encounter at my doc’s office building early this year. Going into the doctor’s office was like entering another world: signs outside saying to wear a mask, if you have any flu-like symptoms to call this number and you will go around to another entrance and it further explains the hi-tech CDC hazmat suit and protocols that are followed, inside there’s a no-contact temp reading station and you get issued a sticker with your temp on it, Plexiglas shields at the receptionist counter, social-distance label markers on the floor, part of an adjacent hallway sectioned off with clear plastic and duct tape, hand-sanitizer stations in the hallways and waiting room.

Another patient and I were the only ones in the spacious waiting area – we were about 15 feet apart sitting perpendicular (me on back row of chairs and him on the right-side row) – both of us wearing masks.  Since I was second to enter the waiting room, I thought I’d make a casual comment about all the new protocols at the office – I just said “wow this sure is different.” (I figured my brief comment might start a friendly conversation…boy, was I wrong). 

The guy gives a big snort of derision and then pulls his mask off and starts talking about all this nonsense is just making some people richer and we’re paying for it and this new administration is just letting them have at it, and blah blah blah politics blah blah blah politics blah blah blah…To say this “conversation” was one-sided is not a figure of speech – I literally did not say one thing the whole time this guy was holding a one-person political rally in the doctor’s waiting room. 

Fortunately for me I’ve already developed heard-immunity to cult-talk – it doesn’t even go through one ear and out the other –  since I listened to crap like that for 12 years in TWI and realized that stuff doesn’t just go through you – it lays eggs and problems develop – cult-mindset – emotional and intellectual baggage…once I got rid of the flotsam and jetsam of heard-stink…which is like group-think…heard-stink is the unpleasant, scandalous, pontificating, conspiratorial sounds of cult-indoctrination that assault the airwaves of those adamantly convinced they are the enlightened ones…yeah there was a time in my life when I followed a cult-leader - so I heard it all and believed it all ... …fyi: heard-immunity is based upon the proper functioning of the complex operations (cognitive skills)  inside the cranial fortress. I’m no social butterfly but I am really put off by people who lack the sensitivity and courtesy …or social barometer – to gauge where I’m at on some issue – especially if we’ve just crossed paths at some neutral territory – the doc’s waiting room was NOT a political rally. 

Since I kept my mask on, he couldn’t see the expression on my face – which by the way, was a scrunched-up mouth as if I had got a taste of some rancid Kool-Aid – my mouth was that way during his entire conspiratorial-political-science-denying-soliloquy. He seemed undeterred by my lack of response – a few times I even looked down and shook my head in disgust.

The Doctor is also VERY smart. He knows that IF he came out and dismissed the covid vaccine and/or stated vitamin D as an alternative to the covid vax, he would be struck off the medical register and very likely be charged with an offence, not to mention the leftie media and other nut job covid cultists on him like blowflies on a fresh cow patty. How about it (said in an exxagerated VPW tone LMAO)

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

or anyone else who follows  Seheult’s  work there are a couple of other links you might enjoy:

Just curious, Allan: did you listen to the entirety of the links that T-Bone posted before you posted that he was being "clever" to avoid being struck off?

3 hours ago, Allan said:

:biglaugh:     :biglaugh:     :biglaugh:     :biglaugh:  

3 hours ago, Allan said:

The Doctor is also VERY smart. He knows that IF he came out and dismissed the covid vaccine and/or stated vitamin D as an alternative to the covid vax, he would be struck off the medical register and very likely be charged with an offence, not to mention the leftie media and other nut job covid cultists on him like blowflies on a fresh cow patty. How about it (said in an exxagerated VPW tone LMAO)

:biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  

I’m not gonna even bother playing some tit-for-tat game with some pot calling the kettle black – but since you let the Kool-Aid out of the bag with these posts I’ve quoted here – maybe it’s time to address the cult-mentality in the room. 

your post that suggests Dr. Seheult is duplicitous is not just slanderous to him – but is absolutely preposterous and goes against everything he has ever stated or done publicly in written works, online videos, interviews and in the hospitals he serves…interesting you should reference wierwille as the divine seer who sees all and knows all especially when it’s out of his area of expertise (which is just about everything except con games and Drambuie).

So…do you know for a fact that Dr. Seheult would like to publicly dismiss the covid vaccine and/or stated vitamin D as an alternative to the covid vax but won’t for fear of being “struck off the medical register and very likely be charged with an offence” ?

How do you know that?

What information has led you to think that?

Your suggestion is absurd and seems desperate. For Dr. Seheult to reject the covid vaccine and/or state that vitamin D is an alternative to the covid vax is the antithesis of everything he is known for publicly – it’s flat out hypocritical. Shame on you for fabricating malicious lies about a well-respected doctor to forward your conspiratorial-political-science-denying-agenda…in case you forgot – I was in the same cult as you…but back then, who knew about the sneaky manipulative tactics of cults?

Only nowadays – it seems the manipulative tactics of cults are mainstream in social media and with certain politicians – trying to overwhelm others with misinformation, conspiracy theories and fearmongering to frighten folks to buy into their “knowledge of what’s really going on”. It’s like a weird Terminator movie twist of  Skynet the artificial neural network-based conscious group mind / artificial super-pseudo-intelligence system of wierwille’s Advanced Class legacy has become self-aware and is now playing on broadcast TV. 

…I am so fvcking familiar with cultic-mind-games it’s not even funny – though I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read your post revealing  Dr. Seheult’s evil plan to subvert the power and authority of the science and medical communities – it’s sheer genius ! Inform others of the benefits of Vitamin D and the effectiveness of vaccines – and then when they least expect it – boom – tell them vaccines don’t really work that good…genius !!!!  :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:   I use to fall for bull$hit like that in TWI. 

As some other Grease Spotters have already pointed out – you push links and cite material that actually weakens your case -  or goes counter to what you want to prove – so it doesn’t look like you’re driven by any solid information and you certainly don’t come across as someone who has actually read the very articles and links you refer to - which makes me wonder what is your motivation, since your mission appears to be making faulty attempts to refute evidence, stats and facts. 

Once again thanks for letting the Kool-Aid out of the bag. :biglaugh:    :wave:    :evilshades:

Edited by T-Bone
typos and formatting
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

At this point, it's quite obvious that "Allan" is toying with us. He has demonstrated no discussion skills and poor argument skills

. . . "Indeed"  :biglaugh:

Narcissistic Supply        (Vaknin is referenced at the bottom) 

If the narcissist is someone you meet on social media, on the internet, the most logical thing you can do is to do nothing. You may have seen the phrase “don’t feed the troll” on the internet. Therefore, when you notice the words somebody uses just to attract attention, it will be most beneficial not to give them the attention they seek. In short, deprive them of their favorite supply.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:00 AM, Raf said:

Hey, speaking of the whole country of India, did you see the one where the whole country of India said "hey, stop using Ivermectin to treat COVID: It doesn't work.

The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 have dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection.

The decision was taken after experts found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.

Studies also found there was no clarity on mortality benefit, no effect on length of hospital stay and recovery in case of Ivermectin.

Recommending that Ivermectin be dropped from the clinical guidance, experts cited 13 systematic reviews of which “7/13 showed mortality benefit, 4/13 no mortality benefit, 2/13 inconclusive/unclear.”

Of course the medical councils worldwide are not at all influenced by UN, WHO etc...no, not at all :biglaugh:

On 11/10/2021 at 8:37 PM, skyrider said:

Found this 24-minute video on Ivermectin:

• History
  • Approval for humans
  • Data / Graphs
  • Pharmaceutical Ties
  • Controversy

Around the 21-minute mark ...... it discusses India's use of Ivermectin.

Disclaimer:  I am not a medical doctor or a research scientist.  

Ivermectin Video

In fact, from the 20 minute mark the guy gives compelling argument AS TO WHY 'alternative' treatments/preventatives are shut down !!

On 11/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, skyrider said:

The controversy on Covid-19 treatment is intense......on all sides.

Seems to me, we will be discussing this issue for the next decade.

Oh, I believe as time goes on, the real fallout from these experimental vaccines will manifest....pro-jabbers vs jab hesitant crowd...last man standing :dance:

On 11/10/2021 at 11:07 PM, skyrider said:

‘…..the US government is purchasing one billion dollars worth of the expensive treatment drug molnupiravir — similar to HCQ and Ivermectin but more expensive — from Merck and Co.”

……..Anybody know anything about  this???

Perhaps because now that the pharma companies lobbied sucessfully to get HCQ and Ivermectin (two very cheap alternatives) pretty much outlawed, they can 'repackage' it and make $quillions :eusa_clap:

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

:biglaugh:     :biglaugh:     :biglaugh:     :biglaugh:  

:biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  

I’m not gonna even bother playing some tit-for-tat game with some pot calling the kettle black – but since you let the Kool-Aid out of the bag with these posts I’ve quoted here – maybe it’s time to address the cult-mentality in the room. 

your post that suggests Dr. Seheult is duplicitous is not just slanderous to him – but is absolutely preposterous and goes against everything he has ever stated or done publicly in written works, online videos, interviews and in the hospitals he serves…interesting you should reference wierwille as the divine seer who sees all and knows all especially when it’s out of his area of expertise (which is just about everything except con games and Drambuie).

So…do you know for a fact that Dr. Seheult would like to publicly dismiss the covid vaccine and/or stated vitamin D as an alternative to the covid vax but won’t for fear of being “struck off the medical register and very likely be charged with an offence” ?
How do you know that? What information has led you to think that?

Your suggestion is absurd and seems desperate. For Dr. Seheult to reject the covid vaccine and/or state that vitamin D is an alternative to the covid vax is the antithesis of everything he is known for publicly – it’s flat out hypocritical. Shame on you for fabricating malicious lies about a well-respected doctor to forward your conspiratorial-political-science-denying-agenda…in case you forgot – I was in the same cult as you…but back then, who knew about the sneaky manipulative tactics of cults? Only nowadays – it seems the manipulative tactics of cults are mainstream in social media and with certain politicians – trying to overwhelm others with misinformation, conspiracy theories and fearmongering to frighten folks to buy into their “knowledge of what’s really going on”. It’s like a weird Terminator movie twist of  Skynet the artificial neural network-based conscious group mind / artificial super-pseudo-intelligence system of wierwille’s Advanced Class legacy has become self-aware and is now playing on broadcast TV. 

…I am so fvcking familiar with cultic-mind-games it’s not even funny – though I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read your post revealing  Dr. Seheult’s evil plan to subvert the power and authority of the science and medical communities – it’s sheer genius ! Inform others of the benefits of Vitamin D and the effectiveness of vaccines – and then when they least expect it – boom – tell them vaccines don’t really work that good…genius !!!!  :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:   I use to fall for bull$hit like that in TWI. 

Once again thanks for letting the Kool-Aid out of the bag. :biglaugh:    :wave:    :evilshades:

T-Bone said- "…I am so fvcking familiar with cultic-mind-games it’s not even funny – though I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read your post revealing  Dr. Seheult’s evil plan to subvert the power and authority of the science and medical communities – i"

Hey, hey, I recognized TWI as a cult whilst you were still licking LCM's jockstrap, so that's a pretty weak argument lol.
You and others have not yet made the 'connection' ...have you ?! What were TWI's three tenets of belief, their driving motive ?? MONEY, POWER, CONTROL = CULT....Big Pharma/Government ? MONEY, POWER, CONTROL...you're IN the covid cult and you do not even realise it !!
Oh, and as for Dr. Seheult....look at the TIMELINE of his videos and what he is saying two years ago compared to things he has changed his stance on (sorry Twinks, you arse umed wrong) ...again.

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Hey, hey, I recognized TWI as a cult whilst you were still licking LCM's jockstrap, so that's a pretty weak argument lol.
You and others have not yet made the 'connection' ...have you ?! What were TWI's three tenets of belief, their driving motive ?? MONEY, POWER, CONTROL = CULT....Big Pharma/Government ? MONEY, POWER, CONTROL...you're IN the covid cult and you do not even realise it !!
Oh, and as for Dr. Seheult....look at the TIMELINE of his videos and what he is saying two years ago compared to things he has changed his stance on (sorry Twinks, you arse umed wrong) ...again.

Quoting this post for posterity…as far as your vulgar-adolescent-insult goes -  does that reflect your current "superior" state of mind?

seems reminiscent of vulgar and mean-spirited cult-leaders like wierwille & LCM.

…and it does make me wonder about our differences in age and cognitive development. I left TWI in 1986 – I was 33 years old. I’ve expressed on Grease Spot many times the specific reasons I left and the long and arduous task of unpacking and tossing the intellectual / emotional baggage and cult-mindset. So, for you to vaunt about your superiority of overcoming cult-mentality  – I seriously doubt that based on your some 88 posts so far on this thread mostly filled with conspiratorial-disparaging-science-stats-and-facts-pontification reminiscent of the Advanced Class …but maybe your  track record or methodology might reveal a more intelligent side of your posts...so 

Did you receive revelation from God about cult-followers who licked the jockstraps of cult-leaders? 

Did you see it in a vision – or did you taste it? Since you mentioned the use of the tongue. 

LCM was homophobic…I am a happily married heterosexual and have a clear conscience before God and others that I have never fooled around on my wife nor desired - nor pursued any sexual activity with man, woman, child, cult-leader or beast…and I have never owned a blow-up doll of a football player dressed in a too-too with an authentic tasting jockstrap. In other words, your revelation is faulty – it doesn’t jibe with the facts, the “truth behind the facts” ... reality.

What programs did you participate in and what responsibilities did you have up until the time you left TWI?

You may have already shared some of the things I ask here – but if you don’t mind sharing them again so I can better understand the difference between you and me…and if you have really changed that much since you left TWI...

oh, if we’re tag teaming with Allan AND ghostwriters – feel free to combine everyone’s experiences – but don’t lump it altogether - rather break it down individually – for example listing you were WOW 12 times during your 2 years in TWI sounds kind of squirrely. 

How long were you in TWI ?

What was your age when you left?

Why did you leave?

Did you join an offshoot?

How is your current mindset – evidenced so clearly on this thread – any different than the mindset you had while in TWI?

Edited by T-Bone
typos and formatting

It doesn't make sense to me that "Allan" lives in Australia and cares so much about what goes on in the US. It's almost as if he's somebody who used to post at GSC under a different fake persona or two or three.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

It doesn't make sense to me that "Allan" lives in Australia and cares so much about what goes on in the US. It's almost as if he's somebody who used to post at GSC under a different fake persona or two or three.

again ,that statement shows your lack of critical thinking lol....I'm VERY interested because if the USA 'sneezes', the Western world 'catches a cold' - excuse the pun :jump: 

No, no, Rocky.  Allan is a real person, he has a wife and kids (not so much "kids" now), they do live in Oz, and I've known him - jeepers, since 1989.  I know when he got involved in TWI and why he left, and a lot more beside.  But that's his story to tell - not mine.

And he's right in that "if the USA 'sneezes', the Western world 'catches a cold' " - because a lot of faddy stuff emanates from the US, where it gets far too much air time.  Not just covid, but many other fads, misinformation, bizarre ideas, conspiracy theories, tin hats, etc.  (And right-wingishness, but let's not go there, too political.)   Even BLM, especially in context of police brutality, has spread across the globe, in places where previously there didn't seem to be issues, certainly not to the extent they now are.  Everybody's so "woke" that we forget to be aware.

So some of the crazy ideas that spread across the US, and the head-in-sand mentality, or conspiracy theories, do spread also across the rest of the "western world."  It's quite right to keep an eye on what's going on in the US - if only to be able to take evasive action (hehheh).

Don't mind me.  Probably time I went to bed.  Cinderella's coach has long since departed.  It's 1.15am.

5 hours ago, Allan said:

again ,that statement shows your lack of critical thinking lol....I'm VERY interested because if the USA 'sneezes', the Western world 'catches a cold' - excuse the pun :jump: 

That's an argument. But it's not sound or rational. :wink2:

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

No, no, Rocky.  Allan is a real person, he has a wife and kids (not so much "kids" now), they do live in Oz, and I've known him - jeepers, since 1989.  I know when he got involved in TWI and why he left, and a lot more beside.  But that's his story to tell - not mine.

Thank you Twinky. And Allan, my condolences to your wife for having to cope with you.

I'm familiar with the saying, and it's been said that when New York sneezes, the rest of the world has a cold.  As a former NY' er and an expatriate, I'm used to trying to keep a sense of what's going on in the US and in NYC.  (It would be easier if US radio stations didn't all have contracts that block their reception outside the US, since I could listen to local news radio.)     I've got an international family, and my son is able to carry 3 different passports (one for North America, one for South America, one for Europe), so we do try to keep a sense of what's going on around the world.  (During the World Cup, we DO cheer for 3 different countries, except when they play each other, then we watch on 2 different TVs.)  

During the Covid lockdowns, we were following, to the best of our abilities, what was going on around the world.  We were also forming our own opinions on what was being reported.  (I still think Brazil's Bolsonaro was counting on Covid wiping out huge swathes of the population from the favelas/ghettos, and Mrs Wolf points out he might have succeeded if the local drug-lords of those favelas hadn't gone into action to keep their customer base alive with gifts of cleaning supplies and food.) 

All of that being said, I have family and friends in different parts of the US.  Even taking that into consideration, I think Allan's focusing a LOT more on the US than I am.       

• Upvote 1