GreaseSpot Cafe

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Please don't forget that I get a massive number of aggressive and nasty comments to respond to. 

Stop with the poor ole me syndrome. There aren't very many people on this site at all. If you are getting agressive and rude comments you really have to work hard around here to bring that out of people. You purposefully incite people and you know it.

Edited by OldSkool

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have done things like limit myself to a small number of threads.  Trolls don't do that.

Signs Someone Is Trolling

It can sometimes become difficult to tell the difference between a troll and someone who just genuinely wants to argue about a topic. However, here are a few tell-tale signs that someone is actively trolling.

• Off-topic remarks: Completely going off-topic from the subject at hand. This is done to annoy and disrupt other posters.
  • Refusal to acknowledge evidence: Even when presented with hard, cold facts, they ignore this and pretend like they never saw it.
  • Dismissive, condescending tone: An early indicator of a troll was that they would ask an angry responder, “Why you mad, bro?” This is a method done to provoke someone even more, as a way of dismissing their argument altogether.
  • Use of unrelated images or memes: They reply to others with memes, images, and gifs. This is especially true if done in response to a very long text post.
  • Seeming obliviousness: They seem oblivious that most people are in disagreement with them. Also, trolls rarely get mad or provoked.

The list above is by no means definitive. There are a lot of other ways to identify that someone is trolling. Generally, if someone seems disingenuous, uninterested in a real discussion, and provocative on purpose, they’re likely an internet troll.

Edited by OldSkool

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Stop with the poor ole me syndrome.

No, you stop with the "Stop with the poor ole me syndrome" syndrome.

How THAT for a Pee Wee Herman comeback line?

It is not poor old me, it is simply a case that I cannot satisfy posters by going down every alley they present me.  I just don't have the time nor the desire.

The reason I am so distracting is not due to my intentions, it is due to my statements SERIOUSLY CHALLENGING the desire here to paint ALMOST everything about PFAL as  bad and evil, and I stand firmly against that, and my stand is TOO MUCH for everyone, it challenges them TOO MUCH, and they get all distracted all by their own over desires to nullify my POTENT challenges. 

Just now, Mike said:

No, you stop with the "Stop with the poor ole me syndrome" syndrome.

How THAT for a Pee Wee Herman comeback line?

It is not poor old me, it is simply a case that I cannot satisfy posters by going down every alley they present me.  I just don't have the time nor the desire.

The reason I am so distracting is not due to my intentions, it is due to my statements SERIOUSLY CHALLENGING the desire here to paint ALMOST everything about PFAL as  bad and evil, and I stand firmly against that, and my stand is TOO MUCH for everyone, it challenges them TOO MUCH, and they get all distracted all by their own over desires to nullify my POTENT challenges. 

It can sometimes become difficult to tell the difference between a troll and someone who just genuinely wants to argue about a topic. However, here are a few tell-tale signs that someone is actively trolling.

• Off-topic remarks: Completely going off-topic from the subject at hand. This is done to annoy and disrupt other posters.
  • Refusal to acknowledge evidence: Even when presented with hard, cold facts, they ignore this and pretend like they never saw it.
  • Dismissive, condescending tone: An early indicator of a troll was that they would ask an angry responder, “Why you mad, bro?” This is a method done to provoke someone even more, as a way of dismissing their argument altogether.
  • Use of unrelated images or memes: They reply to others with memes, images, and gifs. This is especially true if done in response to a very long text post.
  • Seeming obliviousness: They seem oblivious that most people are in disagreement with them. Also, trolls rarely get mad or provoked.

The list above is by no means definitive. There are a lot of other ways to identify that someone is trolling. Generally, if someone seems disingenuous, uninterested in a real discussion, and provocative on purpose, they’re likely an internet troll.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

No this is living in fantasy land and it's a common address for someone who has a heavy dose of cognitive dissonance due to their belief system emenating from a cult based on a sexual predator and drunk. Your posutlates on pflap and all your junk science are absolutely shredded here on GSC and the only thing you can do is try and baffle us with bullshonta cause the brilliance part doesnt cut it around here.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have done things like limit myself to a small number of threads.  Trolls don't do that.

Funny - that’s exactly what a troll would say

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Good.  I feel vindicated on the troll charge.

READ ALL THE POINTS - cmon...your freewill must be suffering from atrophy from smoking the pflap pipe.

Edited by OldSkool

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Im running that meeting today....cya there...lmao

Bring your guitar - maybe we can jam afterwards - hopefully that a$$-hole drummer will be there this time

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Dear Mike,

Dear whoever you are

To whom it may concern,

Anyone else find it curious that mike resurfaces on GSC with a derailing and distracting vengance in tandem with the release of the new pflap? (new pflap like old pflap....meh)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Bring your guitar - maybe we can jam afterwards - hopefully that a$$-hole drummer will be there this time

Deal!! And if the drummer snakes us...just know I have been practicing a LOT lately on my CB baby!

Actual picture of OldSkool practicing his cowbell...circa 2022

SNL-More-Cowbell.png

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Anyone else find it curious that mike resurfaces on GSC with a derailing and distracting vengance in tandem with the release of the new pflap? (new pflap like old pflap....meh)

Holy PFLAP, Batman! The Joker has returned… maybe he never left :spy:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Deal!! And if the drummer snakes us...just know I have been practicing a LOT lately on my CB baby!

Actual picture of OldSkool practicing his cowbell...circa 2022

SNL-More-Cowbell.png

Well I’ll be doggone if my name ain’t Bruce Dickenson - I haven’t seen cowbell work like that since The Cowbells.

Edited by T-Bone
Need more cowbell

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Speaking of switching, when I used to run Excellors' Sessions the idea of fluency, both in S.I.T. and in T.I.P. , was often uppermost in peoples' minds, and not just new students to the Intermediate Class.   I could see troubled faces on grads as well in Excellors' Sessions when "genuineness" and fluency came up in the form of questions from them.  I too had these same questions, at times, so this drove me to find answers.

"Switching" was one technique I found that comforts and helps.

I mean switching from five senses to spiritual was sometimes easier.

There were different names given to this technique, like "training wheels" and I thought of a water skiing way of phrasing it:  switching from two skiis to one, as opposed to starting off with one ski, slalom.

Here is how it works. I think there is a remnant of this in the Earl Burton class... not sure.

We can start out interpretation of tongues or prophecy with a 5-senses canned phrase like "I am the lord thy God, who..." and then smoothly SWITCH over to whatever comes to mind. It this is done with an attitude of love towards the hearers, then the spiritual switch works. 

The idea I would convey to the students was that we can forgive ourselves for not getting it 100% perfect, and just rejoice LIKE GOD DOES that we got a few words RIGHT.

Those of you who are parents know what it is like, what God feels like, when you saw your kids learn to speak.  You were TOTALLY forgiving of gibberish, just to get a few genuine syllables of communication in there.  The Father SEEKETH such willing babies who are willing to speak to Him and for Him. 

We can forgive ourselves for faking it at the beginning as we lovingly switch into genuine speaking for God.

Ditto for fluency in S.I.T.

For those exercises I would give everyone a letter from the alphabet to "launch" into SIT with training wheels.

The things that would be taught in Excellors' Sessions was getting over fears and blasting away with God, doing what He want as laid out in those 3 chapters in 1 Corinthians, especially Chapter 13. 

The worship manifestations are always to be done in love, or it is a total waste of time.

I’ll remind you, I’m fluent in three tongues - I’m trilingual in glossolalia. AND I can interpret tongues into five known languages. AND I can inflect interrogatives while SIT- something excellor sessions are clueless about.

Tongues taught are counterfeit tongues.

18 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Uhm…thought I should point this out… a drumroll on a cowbell is technically a cowroll - and a cowroll is not the same as cow-tipping…now. concerning cow-tipping are we talking pandemic rates - I usually would tip 30% .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, waysider said:

So, it went from 36 hours to 19 hours. How does that work if the original was supposed to be divinely inspired? Isn't there something in Revelation about adding and subtracting words?

Great point!!

Goes to show you that after they whitewashed the material the eliminated 17 hours of incriminating evidence cause u gotta hide those plagiarism bread crumbs...they lead to the sources...

3 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Uhm…thought I should point this out… a drumroll on a cowbell is technically a cowroll - and a cowroll is not the same as cow-tipping…now. concerning cow-tipping are we talking pandemic rates - I usually would tip 30% .

Lmao.....you can keep the tips I want the tales....

125550-01_goetzes-cow-tales-caramel-and-cream-sticks-36-piece-box.jpg

2 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Lmao.....you can keep the tips I want the tales....

125550-01_goetzes-cow-tales-caramel-and-cream-sticks-36-piece-box.jpg

What? Never heard of those - had to Google it - oh that sounds good - caramel sticks filled with cream …better bring enough to share 

14 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I’ll remind you, I’m fluent in three tongues - I’m trilingual in glossolalia. AND I can interpret tongues into five known languages. AND I can inflect interrogatives while SIT- something excellor sessions are clueless about.

Tongues taught are counterfeit tongues.

It is not tongues being taught.  What is taught are the scriptural soothings of fear people have about the manifestations.  Once the fear is gone, Got has no impediment doing His part in the guidance.