GreaseSpot Cafe

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It's a simple case of bait and switch.

Speaking of switching, when I used to run Excellors' Sessions the idea of fluency, both in S.I.T. and in T.I.P. , was often uppermost in peoples' minds, and not just new students to the Intermediate Class.   I could see troubled faces on grads as well in Excellors' Sessions when "genuineness" and fluency came up in the form of questions from them.  I too had these same questions, at times, so this drove me to find answers.

"Switching" was one technique I found that comforts and helps.

I mean switching from five senses to spiritual was sometimes easier.

There were different names given to this technique, like "training wheels" and I thought of a water skiing way of phrasing it:  switching from two skiis to one, as opposed to starting off with one ski, slalom.

Here is how it works. I think there is a remnant of this in the Earl Burton class... not sure.

We can start out interpretation of tongues or prophecy with a 5-senses canned phrase like "I am the lord thy God, who..." and then smoothly SWITCH over to whatever comes to mind. It this is done with an attitude of love towards the hearers, then the spiritual switch works. 

The idea I would convey to the students was that we can forgive ourselves for not getting it 100% perfect, and just rejoice LIKE GOD DOES that we got a few words RIGHT.

Those of you who are parents know what it is like, what God feels like, when you saw your kids learn to speak.  You were TOTALLY forgiving of gibberish, just to get a few genuine syllables of communication in there.  The Father SEEKETH such willing babies who are willing to speak to Him and for Him. 

We can forgive ourselves for faking it at the beginning as we lovingly switch into genuine speaking for God.

Ditto for fluency in S.I.T.

For those exercises I would give everyone a letter from the alphabet to "launch" into SIT with training wheels.

The things that would be taught in Excellors' Sessions was getting over fears and blasting away with God, doing what He want as laid out in those 3 chapters in 1 Corinthians, especially Chapter 13. 

The worship manifestations are always to be done in love, or it is a total waste of time.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

NO.  This that I describe has NO SPIRITUAL component. 

It is the simple case of a body and soul man.  People have been trying to spiritualize free will for 1,000 years and it has completely confused the issue so bad that Neuroscientists are poised to reject it altogether.  The new kind of weak free will I am proposing will fit with Neuroscience.

Neuroscience is the scientific study of the nervous system (the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system) and its functions. It is a multidisciplinary science that combines physiology, anatomy, molecular biology, developmental biology, cytology, psychology, physics, computer science, chemistry, medicine, statistics, and mathematical modeling to understand the fundamental and emergent properties of neurons, glia and neural circuits. The understanding of the biological basis of learning, memory, behavior, perception, and consciousness has been described by Eric Kandel as the "epic challenge" of the biological sciences   from    Wikipedia: neuroscience

~ ~ ~ ~

Like father-in-the-word, like son:

I’m not a real doctor but I play one in PFAL

I'm not a real neuroscientist. philosopher, theologian, dance instructor, brain surgeon but I play one on Grease Spot Cafe.

7 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

He protests when someone suggests he might be on TWI’s payroll....when someone strives to remain enigmatic for some 20 years – I tend to ignore anything he says about himself. He bragged about being smart and spiritually pure enough to NOT go in the way corps – so, who knows – he might really be ex-way corps. He might be TWI-clergy. He could be LCM…he could be anyone that his troll-act needs him to be...provided the needs and wants are parallel. 

NO, I am not a troll.  I have genuine things to say.  I also listen some.

But as for your speculations: all wrong. 
(ex-way corps, TWI-clergy, LCM)

Ask Pawtucket.  We met in San Diego around 2006ish at pamsandieg's house, and he gave me a GSC T-shirt.

*/*/*/*/*

I am not totally counter to the main grain at GSC.

My message is that IN SPITE of many things going wrong at TWI, there was SOME good worth preserving.

Most here want to proclaim "TWI and PFAL = all bad"

I dare to challenge that with "TWI some bad, some extreme good"

I agree that there were very bad things that need to be sorted out. I am actively doing that elsewhere.  Here I am the MINORITY voice that it wasn't 100% bad.

Is that a sin at GSC?
to say it wasn't ALL bad?

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

We can start out interpretation of tongues or prophecy with a 5-senses canned phrase like "I am the lord thy God, who..."

So, then, what you are suggesting here is that it's okay to start with a falsehood because, clearly, you are stating you are  God that is speaking when, in fact, you are not. Yeah, okay. That's some twisted mojo right there, bad chicken and all that

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

We can start out interpretation of tongues or prophecy with a 5-senses canned phrase like "I am the lord thy God, who..." and then smoothly SWITCH over to whatever comes to mind. It this is done with an attitude of love towards the hearers, then the spiritual switch works. 

The idea I would convey to the students was that we can forgive ourselves for not getting it 100% perfect, and just rejoice LIKE GOD DOES that we got a few words RIGHT.

Those of you who are parents know what it is like, what God feels like, when you saw your kids learn to speak.  You were TOTALLY forgiving of gibberish, just to get a few genuine syllables of communication in there.  The Father SEEKETH such willing babies who are willing to speak to Him and for Him. 

right here is an admission of faking tongues, interpretation and prophecy

Because one could fake it so easily it's no wonder this was the big selling point of retaking PFAL again and again and sticking with TWI because you at least got some tangible evidence that the PFAL class works - "alright, so all your questions weren't answered the first time through PFAL. You need to take the class again - keep your head in the collaterals...keep speaking in tongues...it's just a walk people" more like it's just the Kool-Aid.

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

right here is an admission of faking tongues....

It was no secret that we flubbed things at times.
The way I handled it in Excellors Sessions was to emphasize FORGIVENESS.

What are you doing wearing that SNL Church Lady costume?
Halloween was last week!

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It was no secret that we flubbed things at times.
The way I handled it in Excellors Sessions was to emphasize FORGIVENESS.

How to excel in sessions on faking it:

this is a tough call - I think both passed the audition on being the best faker

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

For those exercises I would give everyone a letter from the alphabet to "launch" into SIT with training wheels.

The things that would be taught in Excellors' Sessions was getting over fears and blasting away with God, doing what He want as laid out in those 3 chapters in 1 Corinthians, especially Chapter 13. 

The worship manifestations are always to be done in love, or it is a total waste of time.

when wierwille sexually assaulted women I wonder if it was done in love...otherwise it would have been a total waste of time, right?

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ditto for fluency in S.I.T.

ah, so that's the trick - tell people to speak gibberish keying off a letter you provided. that's real leadership, people! I wonder why the apostles didn't need training wheels in the book of acts...oh - was it because the wheel wasn't invented yet?...no no I'm just grabbing at straw men here...obviously God needed wierwille to provide virtual-reality-manifestations so TWI-followers could play the 1st-century-church-in-the-20th game.

Remember what happens in your TWI-delusions STAYS IN your TWI-delusions.

Be safe when you virtualize :mooner:

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

NO, I am not a troll.  I have genuine things to say.  I also listen some.

But as for your speculations: all wrong. 
(ex-way corps, TWI-clergy, LCM)

Ask Pawtucket.  We met in San Diego around 2006ish at pamsandieg's house, and he gave me a GSC T-shirt.

*/*/*/*/*

I am not totally counter to the main grain at GSC.

My message is that IN SPITE of many things going wrong at TWI, there was SOME good worth preserving.

Most here want to proclaim "TWI and PFAL = all bad"

I dare to challenge that with "TWI some bad, some extreme good"

I agree that there were very bad things that need to be sorted out. I am actively doing that elsewhere.  Here I am the MINORITY voice that it wasn't 100% bad.

Is that a sin at GSC?
to say it wasn't ALL bad?

I have two questions:

How much is the present new and improve version of PLAF?

Do grads of the previous classes have to pay for the new one?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I have genuine things to say.  I also listen some.

So revealing. I bet that "things to say" to "listen some" ratio is tilted in the former's favor in spades. In fact I think you only listen to what matches what you have to say.

What you should really be asking yourself is does anyone hear want to hear what you have to say after you have repeatedly been exposed as an unreliable source and having (by your own words) an agenda evangelize pflap here on an anti-way international / anti-wierwille website. 

3 minutes ago, So_crates said:

I have two questions:

How much is the present new and improve version of PLAF?

Do grads of the previous classes have to pay for the new one?

$100 is the charge/donation.
I am currently taking it, PFAL-T, and find it pretty good.

Yes, grads of the old PFAL'68 class have to pay again. I registered a very mild but firm local protest about this, and it was taken in well.

I now am slowly writing it up for HQ consumption along with other things related to the "Green Card Guarantee" of eternal access to the class. 

I have seen a small number of other minor things in the class that could be improved, but it is a fast, and overall well done presentation.   It is only 19 hours compared to 36, and only 9 sessions, instead of 12. 

It moves very fast, and I lovingly dubbed it "PFAL Speed Dating."

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I agree that there were very bad things that need to be sorted out. I am actively doing that elsewhere. 

You won't sort them out here because your postualtes are shredded up worse than a delicous dish of Ropa Vieja! If I am to follow scripture as my guiding light, andI do, when it comes to false ministers promoting another Jesus (in this case an absent one) then scripture says to come out from among them and be ye seperate. Not keep what you like and pretend to throw out the dirty bathwater. A little leaven leavens the ENTIRE lump. That's the case with wierwille.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes, grads of the old PFAL'68 class have to pay again. I registered a very mild but firm local protest about this, and it was taken in well.

Translation = they nodded and smiled while I paid, taking my money in a very well taken manner. 

Just now, Mike said:

So what your telling me is that the mnistry is more interested in generating income. Why the raise in price? Other than production and class materials, the ministry has no overhead.

Just now, Mike said:

I now am slowly writing it up for HQ consumption along with other things related to the "Green Card Guarantee" of eternal access to the class. 

I have seen a small number of other minor things in the class that could be improved, but it is a fast, and overall well done presentation.   It is only 19 hours compared to 36, and only 9 sessions, instead of 12. 

Only 19 hours!? 

Just now, OldSkool said:

Then you are an unwitting troll and not aware that your modus operandi consists of trolling tactics to fulfill your agenda.

How would you suggest I change that?

Please don't forget that I get a massive number of aggressive and nasty comments to respond to.  Many are a waste of time for everyone; many slip through the cracks due the sheer volume; and a small number of things I just dont think I am competent to handle. 

I have done things like limit myself to a small number of threads.  Trolls don't do that.

Just now, So_crates said:

So what your telling me is that the mnistry is more interested in generating income. Why the raise in price? Other than production and class materials, the ministry has no overhead.

Im not sure when the price was raised to a $100, but I came along to the way international in 1996 and was on the newly released way of abundance and power train back when craig liked to saunter around in a smoking jacket looking like hugh heffner on crack. So at least 96 their fnc classes have been $100. TWI has a lot of overhead taking care of HQ in the extremely ineffecient manner the follow but that is another story.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

How would you suggest I change that?

First off - learn what a troll is:

If you’ve been on the internet for any period of time, you’ve likely run into a troll at some point. An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. They can come in many forms. Most trolls do this for their own amusement, but other forms of trolling are done to push a specific agenda.

https://www.howtogeek.com/465416/what-is-an-internet-troll-and-how-to-handle-trolls/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh so it’s new and improved Kool-Aid

more effective and more reliable than any other introductory indoctrination offered by other cults