GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

Seems Saint Vic failed his own test.

In the class he stated: "Signs, miracles, and wonders follow the MOG the way a tail follows a dog."

Did signs, miracles, and wonders follow Saint Vic?

Edited by So_crates

On 3/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, Twinky said:

All I can say is: God hasn't run out of miracles.  He's not on a budget. 

To think otherwise is to need a miracle repair-job on one's brain.

It's that simple.

And if your premise is faulty, everything that proceeds from it is faulty.

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

Seems Saint Vic failed his own test.

In the class he stated: "Signs, miracles, and wonders follow the MOG the way a tail follows a dog."

Did signs, miracles, and wonders follow Saint Vic?

We got plenty of STORIES about how all sorts of things happened on the other side of the world, in front of people we couldn't speak to and ask. 

When it came to day-to-day in twi,  we should have been tripping over instances all the time of miraculous things happening.   There should have been a "how to" in the Advanced class, with people taught live and seeing things happening right there.   We should have been hearing how people joined twi and traveled to hq so that vpw could deliver miraculous healing.  We had one story like that- but it was one where somebody went in their wheelchair, got to vpw face-to-face, and no healing was even ATTEMPTED. 

Instead, we got anecdotes about good parking spaces.  "Kojacking" in place of miracles is a miserable failure, and a lousy counterfeit.

I also won't buy "I once heard from someone that they knew someone who once saw...."  If vpw was legit and the miracles were legit,  there would have been plenty of public miracles every ROA and they would have been common occurrences on grounds for people who lived and worked there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

We had one story like that- but it was one where somebody went in their wheelchair, got to vpw face-to-face, and no healing was even ATTEMPTED. 

John Rupp invited himself to my home one morning when I was on staff and fighting with the directors, anywho, he was there to pit me and my wife against each other and that never worked. He asked what we needed and I took my son, who had kidney disease, and I asked him to minister to him. He was around 6 months at the time. He took him from me and held him out away from his body, looked at him for a second and handed him straight back to me without so much as a prayer. And these are the people selling classes on "operating" the gift of holy spirit. They know what they teach is BS.

If  it didn't happen, it was all your own fault. Not enough S.I.T., not enough word studies, not enough believing, not enough mastering of the collaterals, not enough this, not enough that, not enough of the other thing. But, hey, no need to feel any guilt or shame. That would be negative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waysider said:

If  it didn't happen, it was all your own fault. Not enough S.I.T., not enough word studies, not enough believing, not enough mastering of the collaterals, not enough this, not enough that, not enough of the other thing. But, hey, no need to feel any guilt or shame. That would be negative.

Right on. That was always the subtle accusation except....I did all of those things and then some. Involved the heavy reverends and all that right at the spiritual nerve center with wogfodats and mogfodats...epic fail.

• Like 2

It's always hard, for anyone, to lose a loved one. But, to carry on through life believing things might have been different, if only you had said "lo shonta" a few more times? Well, that a whole other level of cruelty.

Edited by waysider
wording
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, waysider said:

It's always hard, for anyone, to lose a loved one. But, to carry on through life believing things might have been different, if only you had said "lo shonta" a few more times? Well, that a whole other level of cruelty.

That's the truly tragic part. My son survived and is healthy as ever today and it happened in spite of the way international and without their bs doctrines on the law of believing and all that. So my case worked out in the long run better without them. How many...and I mean how many cases similar to my scenario where someone passed away. The blame, shame, and self condemnation would be unbearable. The law of believing is a trap designed to blame the person who believed its true and when it doesn't work it's always the victims fault for not doing enough.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, OldSkool said:

John Rupp invited himself to my home one morning when I was on staff and fighting with the directors, anywho, he was there to pit me and my wife against each other and that never worked. He asked what we needed and I took my son, who had kidney disease, and I asked him to minister to him. He was around 6 months at the time. He took him from me and held him out away from his body, looked at him for a second and handed him straight back to me without so much as a prayer. And these are the people selling classes on "operating" the gift of holy spirit. They know what they teach is BS.

How disappointing.  These legends in their own mind seem to fall on their face just when they need the power the most.

Thats not a great advertisement for a ministry for the more abundant life.  I mean even Benny Hinn would have smacked somebody in the head lol :biglaugh:  Can’t even get that out of a director lol?

Maybe he was totally bound by the power of “yes ma’am” from accomplishing any miracles and could only perform the assigned task.  Pick on your marriage and try to get some reason to take action against you.

These guys are a joke.  Calling them Pharisees is an insult to Pharisees who had more logical reasoning.  :spy:

The more interesting story is how you supported your son with love, patience, and solution oriented thinking and action.  That is the only actual “believing” happening going on there.  Yours.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Pick on your marriage and try to get some reason to take action against you.

They were mad because I was refusing assignments that would take my son away from his nephrologists at Cincinnati Childrens which ranks #3 in the nation for nephrology. They coulda cared less and were responding with comments like well, theres doctors in your new assignment too. I did the right thing for my son's health as his care was top notch and he received a kidney from a 21 year old donor that was a 99% match on his kidney transplant. She was a stronger match than his own family members. Rupp cared so muc that he wouldnt even draw breath to utter a simple prayer.

BTW - Rupp used to laugh that he wasn't a yes man but a yes ma'am. 

• Like 1

Please excuse this interruption of the derailment in progress, but on another thread I noticed something. The thread is

https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25490-the-integrity-of-your-word/

20 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Some of the typical excuses for plagiarism center on ...

I skim read the post and the responses is but I didn’t see explanation that I have offered a few times here. I could scour the archives and find large texts I’ve written on this, but I won’t.

Just to be brief, the whole plagiarism perspective here at GSC and the rest of the world is one that embraces both (1) the market for intellectual property like books, and (2) the academic publication system.  This Plagiarism Perspective is centered on the notion of giving credit, money, or glory to individuals who earn it.  This perspective is centered on the notion of man’s ownership of things.

The way I look at it is very different.

I see lots of authors going back a couple hundred years in the Body of Christ have been sharing their work as ministers to God’s people.  God inspires and guides them as they minister to His people.  The notion of ownership in this perspective recognizes God as the owner of the inspiration that is in their work.  Things in this perspective are done not for individual glory, but for the glory of God.

I am so happy God inspired VPW with this model of His ownership.  In the 1970s that resulted in a spectacularly wide distribution of the good material VPW had collected, and I am happy I received the end product. It was to God’s glory in my life, for sure.

None of the authors represented in PFAL could have done the distribution job VPW did.  

I am glad the collaterals were not cluttered with lots of footnotes.  I was a seeker of God in PFAL, not a University student seeking matriculation.  I am glad there were no distractions in the collaterals of lots of names of other authors.  For me to chase down such authors early in my development would have been a harmful distraction. I am glad VPW sheltered me from their errors. 

I remember distinctly being told, before I took the class, that I had to “be careful of Bullinger” because of how he handled the administrations at the end of Acts. Bullinger’s “How to Enjoy the Bible” was being sold in the bookstore.  I am so glad he was the only other author I had to “be careful” of for a few years.  Later on I was able to handle them.

Those early years were precious to me in their simplicity… no Corps…  just me and my collaterals and my Cambridge Wide Margin absorbing the collaterals’ contents with my Bic fine point 4 color pen.

I am glad there are thousands of blessed PFAL grads passing on the videos, and tapes, and books of PFAL to their progeny.  These items will bless a lot of people in the future like they blessed me in the Seventies. 

11 hours ago, OldSkool said:

The law of believing is a trap designed to blame the person who believed its true and when it doesn't work it's always the victims fault for not doing enough.

It is sad that this did happen, and a lot.
This is one of reasons I started this thread.

We were severely hampered in our growth in this area by several factors.

I continue to push myself to understand this better.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Please excuse this interruption of the derailment in progress, but on another thread I noticed something. The thread is

I skim read the post and the responses is but I didn’t see explanation that I have offered a few times here. I could scour the archives and find large texts I’ve written on this, but I won’t.

Just to be brief, the whole plagiarism perspective here at GSC and the rest of the world is one that embraces both (1) the market for intellectual property like books, and (2) the academic publication system.  This Plagiarism Perspective is centered on the notion of giving credit, money, or glory to individuals who earn it.  This perspective is centered on the notion of man’s ownership of things.

I see lots of authors going back a couple hundred years in the Body of Christ have been sharing their work as ministers to God’s people.  God inspires and guides them as they minister to His people.  The notion of ownership in this perspective recognizes God as the owner of the inspiration that is in their work.  Things in this perspective are done not for individual glory, but for the glory of God.

I am so happy God inspired VPW with this model of His ownership.  In the 1970s that resulted in a spectacularly wide distribution of the good material VPW had collected, and I am happy I received the end product. It was to God’s glory in my life, for sure.

None of the authors represented in PFAL could have done the distribution job VPW did.  

I am glad the collaterals were not cluttered with lots of footnotes.  I was a seeker of God in PFAL, not a University student seeking matriculation.  I am glad there were no distractions in the collaterals of lots of names of other authors.  For me to chase down such authors early in my development would have been a harmful distraction. I am glad VPW sheltered me from their errors. 

I remember distinctly being told, before I took the class, that I had to “be careful of Bullinger” because of how he handled the administrations at the end of Acts. Bullinger’s “How to Enjoy the Bible” was being sold in the bookstore.  I am so glad he was the only other author I had to “be careful” of for a few years.  Later on I was able to handle them.

Those early years were precious to me in their simplicity… no Corps…  just me and my collaterals and my Cambridge Wide Margin absorbing the collaterals’ contents with my Bic fine point 4 color pen.

I am glad there are thousands of blessed PFAL grads passing on the videos, and tapes, and books of PFAL to their progeny.  These items will bless a lot of people in the future like they blessed me in the Seventies. 

You're still presupposing Saint Vic was an MOG. What proof do you have of this?

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Plagiarism, fundamentally, is not about academic norms, style or methodology, it's about a man's integrity.

victor said he worked 18 hours a day "researching" and "working the word."  He portrayed himself as the final arbiter, the final authority, on the accuracy of the Bible. He did the work so we don't have to. The work? It doesn't require 18 hours a day for years to copy and paste.

If he lied about his "work," what else did he lie about. Turns out damn near EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It doesn't require 18 hours a day for years to copy and paste.

The bigger time soaker is reading through all the stuff that was NOT worth passing on to us. 

I completely reject your whole assessment of the work he did or did not do.  It is pure speculation, and wrong speculation.

Victor even plagiarized poetry. POETRY!

Who TF does THAT? Not an honest man. Not a man of God.

Narcissists want and demand ALL the attention. They HATE giving credit to anyone else, lest someone diverts their attention away from the narc. The narcissist's great fear is being discovered for what they REALLY are. All narcissists are liars and frauds.

How do you know a narcissist is lying?

His lips are moving.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Four crucified is hatred towards God.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

What could possibly qualify as such a proof?

Really? 

A string of ASCII text?  Could that ever be a proof?

I can prove he wasn't a MOG. If I can prove he wasn't you should be able to prove he was.

As far as ASCII text goes, you accept it when you want somebody to prove something to you.

For example, Wordwolfs post on Saint Vic's plagerism above. Why write a long rebuttal if it doesn't prove anything?

You expect someone to do it for you. Goose...gander.

Edited by So_crates

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

The bigger time soaker is reading through all the stuff that was NOT worth passing on to us. 

I completely reject your whole assessment of the work he did or did not do.  It is pure speculation, and wrong speculation.

Just like your assertation Saint Vic was a MOG is pure speculation and..you know what I'm going to say next.

Edited by So_crates

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

How silly - denying plagiarism on another thread…typical…since when is mass-marketing mishmashes of plagiarized material and Scripture twisting innocently labeled a distribution job? Geesh - give me a break!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Okay - what’s to speculate on how much time wierwille wasted plagiarizing the work of others? It doesn’t matter if he took 18 minutes or 18 hours a day in between his steady diet of porn Drambuie and sexually molesting women. He still managed to plagiarize big time!

• Like 1